Sandisk Clip Zip, Fuze+ or Clip+
Jan 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #77 of 88
Feb 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #80 of 88
Does the Clip Zip play 1/100000000 slower like the Clip+ ?
Can the Zip take 32 gb cards "out of the box" or will the card, like with the clip+, need to be formatted in fat32 before the Zip will recognize it? (Thus i will need a cardreader as well that is..)
Thx

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #81 of 88
Quote:
Can the Zip take 32 gb cards "out of the box" or will the card, like with the clip+, need to be formatted in fat32 before the Zip will recognize it? (Thus i will need a cardreader as well that is..)
Thx

Not sure about the pitch, but probably.  Its virtually identical hardware aside from the screen and buttons.

32 GB SD cards are SDHC and thus always formatted FAT32.  You're thinking of SDXC cards, which are 64GB and larger.  Those need to be reformatted, but you should be able to use the player itself to do that.

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #82 of 88
Quote:

The Zip pitch.....it plays the same speed as a Clip+ running Rockbox.
Even though the pitch is correct, I still use Rockbox on my Zips exclusively, ever since November 2011. Too many benefits to ignore.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #84 of 88
Quote:
Don't do it.....the thing will make you regret buying it.

Absolutely agree with this opinion.  It is not just the users problem it is the device that is badly flawed.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #85 of 88
Quote:
Ebay has manufacturer refurb Fuze+ for 25 bucks with free shipping, seems like a decent deal for an 8g player if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sandisk-Sansa-Fuze-Plus-8GB-MP3-Player-2-4-LCD-Screen-Touchpad-microSDHC-Slot-/390526168578

You can get a new 4GB Clip+ for about the same price. Both have card slots, so memory doesn't matter, and the Fuze+'s interface is loathed, which is why they are cheap - a NOS Fuze "classic" usually ebays for +$100.

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #86 of 88
Hi,
I have just switched my old Samsung Galaxy S with a pretty good Wolfson audio chip for a new ZOPO ZP980 which should have a Yamaha audio chip. However, it sounds far worse than the Galaxy S and my laptop (Thinkpad T60) doesn't sound very good either so I'm looking for an external player. I have a fairly low budget so I have settled on the Sansa Clip Zip or the Fuze Plus. I was  able to test the Clip Zip (rockboxed) but I liked the sound of my Galaxy S slightly better. Now I read that the Fuze+ has got a better sound output so I am leaning towards buying it (the Clip Zip and Fuze+ are for exactly the same price from ebay now). So please can You tell me any reason I should NOT buy the Fuze+? What is the problem with controlling the device? Or have those issues been resolved by some recent FW/Rockbox update?
Yeah and I am going to use it with my Phonak PFE112 and probably Fostex TH-7. Sometimes also ATH-T500 and maybe some speakers.
Thanks

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #88 of 88
It was with Voodoo sound, with direct support from Semaphore kernel (of course with the Voodoo sound app installed).

Please can anyone comment at least on the booting time with current OF / Rockbox?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back