San Jose, CA Local Head-Fi Meet - January 30th at Alum Rock Library Event Room
Jan 28, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #196 of 237
DecentLevi,

Thank you for setting up this event.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all the gear, listening to the music and meeting up with fellow Headfi'ers once again.  I have a feeling it will be well attended, given the response that you have gotten.

Peters' Bakery has very good reviews online and is right across the street, so that will be my first stop - I'll buy enough for you and the early arrival crowd.  Worst case, Starbuck is across the corner.

Cheers,
Chris from Carmel

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #197 of 237
'Sweet man' (pun intended) 
tongue.gif
 thanks. Should I put any gear down for ya too?

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #202 of 237
LALALALALA...I can't hear you. Trying to forget that you are having a meet while I am out of town this weekend.  
frown.gif

Ummm, Bill- let me know if you want to pick something up from me tomorrow to bring.  Haven't had a chance to mess with the ZD yet though...

DecentLevi- you are the organizer, thanks for putting this together!  Don't forget to try and take at least a few minutes during the day to talk to some people you want to talk to, listen to at least a couple of things you want to listen to (for a couple of minutes), and then sit back afterwards to reflect that you helped this meet happen.  (So did Head-Fi and the people that came to the meet and supported this thread!)
beerchug.gif
  Will miss you guys.  Have fun and listen to some gear, music, & fellow 'philes.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #204 of 237
A FEW UPDATES, PART 1:

The heavy stuff:

1. I should mention again that per this event room rules, no selling is allowed. Any transactions should be either super-discreet or preferably in the parking lot
  2. This is a non-alcoholic event
  3. Please make sure to clean your hands after eating, before returning to the electronics area
  4. If you're bringing more than one electric component, please bring your own power strip to ensure enough outlets are available

The light stuff:
There will also be an anime convention and bowling competition at the same time in the same room, but hey, no big deal! I thought it wouldn't distract us too much 
disclaimer: I've been operating on minimal sleep 
wink_face.gif
confused_face_2.gif
beyersmile.png

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #205 of 237
UPDATES PART 2:

We're going to have a giveaway. Either a hi-fi audio knowledge trivia contest, or 'spin the bottle'. Please bring any unwanted gear you may have laying around such as a cable, old headphone, speaker, or even others like a mouse, flashlight, etc. I will place a black plastic crate in the corner labeled 'giveaway', and this will take place sometime in the afternoon, as long as we receive any contributions.

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #207 of 237
Anyone driving down from SF?

I was planning to Caltrain down and catch a ride with a friend from South Bay, but would prefer carpooling with other attendees from the city. :)

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #208 of 237
I plan on coming

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #209 of 237
Fingers crossed the weather doesn't degenerate to badly over the sear sierra mountains. We are getting hammered with high winds and a bit of rain on the eastern foothills. I will be there unless they close the pass. If the storm turns to snow and 80 closes i will have a problem.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #210 of 237
Well the weather in San Jose anyway is supposed to be mostly cloudy and raining only a bit around 1pm

PS- Also @3X0 or anybody who's taking the Caltrain, the closest stop is Diridon on the fringe of downtown SJ. There is a direct bus from there - bus 522 from Santa Clara street 1 block away, to Alum Rock transit center then walk about 1/2 mile; or take bus 68 & 25 from Diridon station

Users who are viewing this thread

Back