San Jose, CA Local Head-Fi Meet - January 30th at Alum Rock Library Event Room
Jan 21, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #166 of 237
@NA Blur
 would you mind bringing your Brainwaves IEMs, and any other IEMs for us to try out? There's something called Audio Wipes that we can use to clean the eartips between uses. I don't have one but is there somebody who can bring theirs again? Or some of us like me, will bring our own eartips for trying earphones. Thanks guys...

I'll try to bring the M1, S3, and Omega as I feel they sound the best out of the ones I have reviewed. I will also bring some wipes of some kind to clean off the tips.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #169 of 237
That's totally stellar, NA Blur and Rainstar that you can bring these for us!

Oh and also about a previous post on lunch: I didn't necessarily mean to say you have to leave the building for lunch, but feel free to also bring it with you, and eat it on a separate table from the electronics. I will probably bring my own, and help watch over people's gear if they go out.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #170 of 237
@DecentLevi, Below is an updated list of the gear I will bring.

Source
  1. MacBook Pro (streaming Tidal)

DAC/Amps
  1. Chord MoJo
  2. iFi Audio Micro iDSD
  3. Parasound Zamp v.3

Headhpones
  1. HiFiMAN HE-6 (modded)
  2. beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO
  3. MrSpeakers Alpha Prime

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #171 of 237
  That's totally stellar, NA Blur and Rainstar that you can bring these for us!

Oh and also about a previous post on lunch: I didn't necessarily mean to say you have to leave the building for lunch, but feel free to also bring it with you, and eat it on a separate table from the electronics. I will probably bring my own, and help watch over people's gear if they go out.

on the whole lunch topic, im vietnamese and can recommend good Pho places near there.

Alum Rock/capitol/mckee has an assortment of good dining

Jan 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #173 of 237
@HeadAmpTeam, what source will be used on the setups you are bringing? I just want to figure out how best to bring my music to audition your setups.

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #174 of 237
Hi all, first post here on Head-Fi.  A couple months ago I bought my first headphone, an AKG 7XX, and absolutely loved it.  It ****ted on pretty much anything my Beats loving classmates had.  But at my age, there aren't that many people out there that actually know about real hifi equipment.  I would love to attend the get to together and meet people out there who can appreciate listening to music through something other than Apple earpods or Beats solos.

I don't wanna just spectate so I'm thinking of bringing some of the things I've bought over the past couple of months:

Amps- Schiit Vali 1, Schiit Vali 2(Using the RCA 6CG7 Cleartops or an Amperex 6DJ8 PQ Orange)

DACs- Schiit Modi 2(Regular)

Headphones: AKG 7XX, Hifiman HE400S, VMODA M-100

I'm more curious than anything to see what some of the more serious equipment out there sounds like (always wanted to hear an HD800).

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #175 of 237
Hey @Tellyflubby your post really put a smile on my face! You're very welcome to attend and I hope you don't miss it! Feel free to invite any of your Beats-fan friends. They should be quite taken aback at how much better there is than Beats, so long as they're able to discern that sort of thing (I've known people who can't tell jack sh** between audio qualities).

Just make sure they don't bring any Beats with them, unless it's the kind referring to drum beats - or else we're gonna have to throw them overboard! LOL I don't think that's possible since it's not a ship-meet 
beyersmile.png
. But all joking aside, I was actually somewhat impressed with the Beats Mixr which sounded surprisingly less crappy for an on-ear than their other 7 I tried - but not enough to buy it. I also think that for some reason, basically all Bose headphones aren't any better than Beats - both of which are overpriced to the point of absurdity (paying for the brand name I guess). 

Welcome to the club, I seriously hope you don't miss it, because this is your chance to get a real boost in the hobby. Since you already have a few mid-fi headphones go ahead and bring them - mostly for comparison, but I recommend you to listen mostly to new gear there. (by 'gear' we refer to all headphones and hi-fi equipment in general).

Jan 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #177 of 237
  Hey @Tellyflubby your post really put a smile on my face! You're very welcome to attend and I hope you don't miss it! Feel free to invite any of your Beats-fan friends. They should be quite taken aback at how much better there is than Beats, so long as they're able to discern that sort of thing (I've known people who can't tell jack sh** between audio qualities).

Just make sure they don't bring any Beats with them, unless it's the kind referring to drum beats - or else we're gonna have to throw them overboard! LOL I don't think that's possible since it's not a ship-meet 
beyersmile.png
. But all joking aside, I was actually somewhat impressed with the Beats Mixr which sounded surprisingly less crappy for an on-ear than their other 7 I tried - but not enough to buy it. I also think that for some reason, basically all Bose headphones aren't any better than Beats - both of which are overpriced to the point of absurdity (paying for the brand name I guess). 

Welcome to the club, I seriously hope you don't miss it, because this is your chance to get a real boost in the hobby. Since you already have a few mid-fi headphones go ahead and bring them - mostly for comparison, but I recommend you to listen mostly to new gear there. (by 'gear' we refer to all headphones and hi-fi equipment in general).

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!  Speaking of beats, too bad I can't fit my Tama®/Hoshino® New Imperialstar™ kit in progress (yep, started out as a stock IS52KC and I'm scheming up additions for either an IS72KC or IS822KC) and its full complement of Meinl® HCS™ cymbals.  Then again, we've a venue that might not appreciate a live gig at a Head-Fi™ meet-up.
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back