San Francisco Bay Area Meet?
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #466 of 472
I had the chance to break away from home and check out the meet.... and all I can say is WOW! There was a very good turnout and the amount of equipment was immense.

Firstly, let me thank Neilvg for opening his home to us. Beautiful place. Also, I'd like to thank everyone else who made this event possible by some type of contribution, be it time, effort, equipment, whatever. Very nice of you all to do this. I hope we can have another meet very soon, when I actually can spend more time listening and chatting.

There was so much equipment there but I had so little time. I really wanted to hear what the K701's were like (as I'm *still* waiting for mine to arrive). I checked out Slogg's 701's with the Millet Hybrid... and I was floored. I didn't feel like taking them off, but felt if fair to give others a chance. There was so much more that I wanted to hear at the meet, but I got paged for work and had to leave.
frown.gif

I had this thought while I was there. It was quite possible, rather, very possible that I'd love what I hear at this meet and then no longer enjoy my current setup. Anyone else thought about this? I mean, I know that the mere fact that I continue to be on this forum means I'll continue to see dollars leave my bank account at an astounding pace, but coming to a meet like this just means the speed of dollar departure rapidly increases.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Vik

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #467 of 472
Noooo. I was hoping the first person would post that it was a lame time since I couldn't come. I hate NorCal and I hate all of you! I'm never going there again...NEVER!
tongue.gif

I'm having my own "meet" here in SoCal listening to Ennio Morricone on my HR-2. You guys aren't invited. I don't need no stinkin' Orpheus!
orphsmile.gif

Voltron, you can be Bruno since I am already Borat.
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #469 of 472
I think it's "Gyros"

Nice seeing you there Crimson (i was the asian guy with the blue polo)

Great meet, it was my first time. Wasn't feeling too well though unfortunately. Excellent set ups all around.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #472 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328
I had this thought while I was there. It was quite possible, rather, very possible that I'd love what I hear at this meet and then no longer enjoy my current setup. Anyone else thought about this? I mean, I know that the mere fact that I continue to be on this forum means I'll continue to see dollars leave my bank account at an astounding pace, but coming to a meet like this just means the speed of dollar departure rapidly increases.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Vik

I know exactly what you mean... I listened to the Qualia 010, the R10, the Orpheus HE90, the PS-1 through the DAC1, HR-1, HEV90, etc etc... through remarkable sources as well. After listening to those, I proceeded to the CD3ks and the HF-1s, and they sounded, well, paltry in comparison. My own rig? K501 through a MINT to a D-111 discman. Yeah... I'm going to be very dissatisfied for the next few weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back