San Francisco Bay Area - February 25, 2006
Feb 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #61 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
A few quicker takes:

RnB Grace Five-Two: Definitely the best cable I’ve heard for the HD650’s, it improves upon the transient response offered by the Zu while sounding a bit more natural at the same time. The Zu an Silver Dragon are perhaps slightly better put together, especially with the Sennheiser connectors, but neither is quite as much an improvement on the 650’s as the GFT is. Too bad he’s not going to be making them anymore….

Thank you for the encouragement Iron_Dreamer, it is nice to know that my work is appreciated.

God bless,
myo

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #62 of 138
Thank you for the awsome meet. Special thanks to Neilvg for the hosting and also thanks to everyone who share their stuff. Like everyone else said, Neil is so lucky to have such a beautful place to live in. I love the trees and grasses sourround the house.

It's my first time to the meet. At first, I was overwhelm and didn't know what is the proper procedure of getting the equipments you want to listen to. Everyone was so busy doing their own stuff. It was hard to interrupt and ask... hehe...didn't wanted to disturb them.

Anyway, I finally did learn my way through and got the chance to demo for an hour or so for the following gears: R10, L3000, W5000, K701, 650, HP1, and the HE90. All of them I listen on the HR-2 except the HE90.

Thanks to Neil for introduce me to the HE90. When I first heard, I went WOW
580smile.gif
If someone wants to their HE90, give me ring. It's you are actually listen to an alive music. I can feel like I'm in heaven. The music is so engaging, soothing and relaxing... Very very speaker like that disappear until you take it off. Everything is so balance. I don't understand why they don't make a new version.

I didn't like K701 as much as I was hope to buy. It's very transparent, balance and comfortable at least to my ears. It sounds bore and not engaging or warm at all.

I love the R10 even thought it was a bit forward to me.

I still have not find the phone that I wanted to buy. Guess I'll proper just a KSC75 for now.

What are some of the headphones that have a similar sonic signature as the HE90? In term of warmth, engaging, balance and imaging? I'm just curious.

-Kenneth

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #63 of 138
Wow guys, sounds like you had a great meet. I've got to try to make some more of these US meets as there seems to be a tad more variety.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #64 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Wow guys, sounds like you had a great meet. I've got to try to make some more of these US meets as there seems to be a tad more variety.
smily_headphones1.gif

You can only hear so many K340s at once.
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #65 of 138
Ah, but think of all the source and amp combinations!
340smile.gif

There are a few headphones I wouldn't mind hearing as well... HE90, K701, PS1. *sigh*

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #66 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
And throw in more Mini^3 impressions too please
eggosmile.gif

I third this. Someone else must've listened to it.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #68 of 138
anyone still unpacking? HE90, L3000, Omega-II, W11R, W2002, W5000, Blue Hawaii, Balanced Reference, pile of cables... turned out to still be a large pile of gear I brought to the meet despite cutting back from the usual selection.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #69 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
anyone still unpacking? HE90, L3000, Omega-II, W11R, W2002, W5000, Blue Hawaii, Balanced Reference, pile of cables... turned out to still be a large pile of gear I brought to the meet despite cutting back from the usual selection.
tongue.gif

I never got to listen to that Omega II... the HE90s just stole its thunder

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #70 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
I never got to listen to that Omega II... the HE90s just stole its thunder

well, I was lazy and never got around to plugging the O2's into an amp until well after midnight so only a few people got a listen.
smily_headphones1.gif
there was way too much going on around that general area of the room during the day.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #71 of 138
Quote:

well, I was lazy and never got around to plugging the O2's into an amp until well after midnight so only a few people got a listen.
smily_headphones1.gif
there was way too much going on around that general area of the room during the day.

very true

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #72 of 138
Alex. I should have squeezed you during the meet
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #73 of 138
Quote:

tongue.gif

I am still unpacking but I never said I was trimming down...
tongue.gif

Where was the Balanced Reference? I didn't even see it and really wanted to hear it.
mad.gif
I guess I have to camp out at Neil's and your places in the next couple months. Are you planning on going to the National meet? Gonna bring the SDS if you go?
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #74 of 138
Voltron -

the Balanced Reference was sitting around between Neil's Esoteric D70 and my Blue Hawaii in the beginning, then when we needed to bring the Blue Hawaii closer to the D70 so we can connect them with some fairly short IC's, the Balanced Reference got shoved to the front of those two. it was in various states of being connected to balanced IC's, unbalanced IC's, no IC's at all....
smily_headphones1.gif

if you look at the pics you posted, neilvg is listening to the R10's from my Balanced Reference.

speaking of that picture, my balanced CMOY is resting on top of the Balanced Reference. I think that's one amp that never got used during the meet.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #75 of 138
Next time we have a meet we willl have to make sure to listen to those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back