San Francisco area meet?
Apr 25, 2005 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
Anyone planning a meet in the San Francisco area? If so, I would be willing to help in any way possible. (and bring my equipment too)

580smile.gif
lambda.gif
eggosmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 6:29 AM Post #7 of 44
I have no clue what my summer plans are... but if I am not in Japan, and in the area, I'll try to make it.

as for the HeadRoom meet, remember that they are touring Head-Fi meets thus they won't come unless someone here plans a meet for them to attend.
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 44
Well lets do it! I am fairly new to this forum, so I cant really do it myself, but I would help, and Id love to bring my gear for everyone to listen to. And I'll bring food and cookies too!
biggrin.gif

I will be travelling for June and half of July. Other than that, I am all ears.

May 3, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 44
Just saw this post. Has it been two months already? Well, we can probably try to put one together for sometime in the summer. I know a lot of people missed the last one.

The last one was hosted at my cousin's shop in downtown San Mateo. It was a nice space with lots of outlets around the room. The only things that bothered me were the heat generated by all the equipment and bodies, and the noise level in the room. If you don't mind doing all the leg work and if we get enough interests, I'll help you organize one.

Once we have few availabe dates set, I can ask my cousin to see if her place is available for those dates. She owns a pearl milk tea place and rents out the second floor for events. The "cover charge" to rent the place will be something like $10 + one drink per person. The store's pretty big, the only thing is the stair is narrow and somewhat steep. So people need to be careful when carrying stuff up and down the stairs. And this time, we will ask people to carry on conversations "OUTSIDE" of the room if all possible.

By the way, my wife and son will be visiting my in-laws in Chicago for few weeks, so I will get to enjoy bachelor life for two weeks later this month. If anyone's interested for a mini meet, we can do it at my place.
icon10.gif
But I can accomodate maybe 5 people at most as my place is fairly small.

May 5, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 44
We own a few hotels in the Bay Area. I might be willing to set something up in one of our ballrooms or larger conference rooms. Why doesn't someone who is organizing this thing send me a p.m.

I can bring a maxed MPX3, X-can v3, SM v3 for amps and SA5000s, ATH-W1000s and HD650s for headphones, to the gig. I'm not lugging my HT equipment.

May 5, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 44
August 6 is just 3 months away, that's a reasonable goal for a larger meet. Some smaller get-togethers in the mean time would be fine for those who want to get a fix, but I think if the Headroom folks are coming all the way from Montana and they're packing, the least we can do is roll out the tea & tobacco stained carpet for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
We own a few hotels in the Bay Area. I might be willing to set something up in one of our ballrooms or larger conference rooms. Why doesn't someone who is organizing this thing send me a p.m.

Frank's cousin's place is awesome; great tea, she's a gracious host, and plenty of 20 amp; but parking is a bit of an issue and it did get a little hot & crowded in there, and that was in February!

A hotel conference room would be ideal, if the price is right. I'm not volunteering to organize the whole thing, but Sleestack...you've got PM.

May 10, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #13 of 44
Wow, I havent looked at my thread in a while. I will do anything i can.

But, I am leaving for travels in Ecuador in 3 weeks. i will be back August 1.

So i could help with last minute stuff. And I can bring my (soon to be woody) MS-1's and SR71

Let me know if there is anything I can do. Sorry for starting this thread, and then not being able to help much. But I'll do what I can...

Whitney

May 10, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #14 of 44
Looks like you guys are getting it together, yipee! Would one of you let me know when you've got a location so I can post it in my thread. Thanks.

May 11, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Would one of you let me know when you've got a location so I can post it in my thread. Thanks.

Still working on it...but I've got you on my radar, Tyll! I'll let you know as soon as something is nailed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back