SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Apr 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #151 of 284

Quote:
I'll be able to make it down too. I'll bring all of my 'Schiit' down (Asgard, Lyr). Maybe some of you would like some time with the Lyr :) I'll also bring my DT990/600's and HD600's down.

Yes please I can't get enough of that tasty schiit. The lyr takes the Bigrock2150 customs (man I need a new name for them) to it's full potential. I think I'll be setting up my system right beside yours =)

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #152 of 284
mmmm must try HE-6 with Lyr and see how good is that schiit...

I can't imagine it sounding any better than it already does and I'm still burning it in...

Is anyone interested in hearing the DT880 600ohm?  If not, I'm putting them up on FS.

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #153 of 284
Hi, mrspeakers, can you also sign me in as a tentative? If I come, I'll be able to bring my cowon J3 and ATH-M50. More to get some more experience with headphones than to share my gear...for now =]

Thanks

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #154 of 284
Big update to my gear list.  I went ahead and made a big impulse purchase of the following items: M2Tech Hiface EVO, Audio-GD NFB-1 (ESS) DAC, Audio GD-Phoenix and Audeze LCD-2 with ALO chain mail balanced cable.  Unfortunately , after ordering, I was told that the phoenix has a 4-6 week backorder which means it likely will not make it to the meet and my trusty little cute beyond will feel hopelessly outclassed 
eek.gif

I'm still going to bring all my old gear in case anyone wants to try it.  I also ordered a balanced to 1/4" adapter so I can still use the LCD-2s in the meantime.  Who knows, if another amp at the meet blows me away with the LCD-2s I may just cancel the phoenix order.  I do think the it would have good synergy through the ACSS of the DAC though and I really like the remote preamp function in case I decide to add a speaker setup later down the road.  Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #155 of 284
I'm still sorting out how I am going to get there. If I get there, I will be bringing some of the following:

FA-011, FA-002, FA-003, FA-002-OW, Grado HP-2, Grado HPA-1, Clip+, Fischer Audio Mystify, RS-1's, HiFiMan HM-601, HEED CanAmp and Sony D25S.

Of course, a lot of music will be also be present. If you guys want to hear a particular remaster of mine, let me know.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #157 of 284
High School student coming! I can bring my Westone 4!

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #161 of 284
Ok, so here's the big news! Ultimate Ears is not only bringing an audiologist, they have also agreed to sponsor our meeting room costs, so there wi be no charge for the event!

But wait, there's more!

The are also going to bring along some raffle items!

Our space is limited to 40 people, so it is first come first served!

Let's all give a huge thanks to Ultimate Ears for their support.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #163 of 284
Wow, Thanks to the folks over there at Ultimate ears! Thats very generous of you guys!

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #164 of 284
mmmm must try HE-6 with Lyr and see how good is that schiit...

I can't imagine it sounding any better than it already does and I'm still burning it in...

Is anyone interested in hearing the DT880 600ohm?  If not, I'm putting them up on FS.

I would like to hear them, but it's no big worry if you sell them before the meet...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #165 of 284

Quote:
I'll be able to make it down too. I'll bring all of my 'Schiit' down (Asgard, Lyr). Maybe some of you would like some time with the Lyr :) I'll also bring my DT990/600's and HD600's down.

Rock on! I am bringing my Valhalla so we now have all the Schitt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back