SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Mar 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #106 of 284
I'd like to try the custom UEs. I am a triple-fi owner with Null Audio Enya balanced cable (HiRose Connector) to IBasso PB2 and have been wondering what the next step up would sound like. It might be a good thing to have audioologist as we would be sure to have clean ears (everyone does an extra good job with ear hygene on days of meets) and if there, I would definitely do an imression which would be one step closer to pulling the trigger on a custom pair.

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #107 of 284
I am up for the meet. $20 PayPal no problem perhaps we can make it $30 and buy a 6 foot sub or something, I am coming from Aliso Viejo right off the 73, so if you are anywhere along the way, I can make a stop and pick you up if you need a lift.

I am looking for a balanced DAC (am considering Audio GD ref5) and will bring it if I can find one before 4/23, but have complete system I can bring regardless:

1. Media Server with SSD
  2. Violectric V181 with 24Bit USB Module (running balanced amp and want Balanced DAC instead of USB module)
  3. "Full Moon Modded" Audeze LCD-2 (Dynamat Extreme Closed Cup Mod I am playing with) with Norse Audio 8 Wire with Neutrik 4 Pin XLR.
  4. Project TT, Audio Technica 33EV Cart, RSA F-117 Nighthawk Phono Stage (I can bring a dozen of the newly released MoFi vinyl).
  5. Pioneer Elite 47Ai DVD-A, SACD.

Portable:
  1. HifiMan 602
  2. IBasso PB2 Toucan Balanced
  3. UE Triple-fi with balanced Null Audio Enya & HiRose

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #108 of 284

Quote:
I am up for the meet. $20 PayPal no problem perhaps we can make it $30 and buy a 6 foot sub or something, I am coming from Aliso Viejo right off the 73, so if you are anywhere along the way, I can make a stop and pick you up if you need a lift.

I am looking for a balanced DAC (am considering Audio GD ref5) and will bring it if I can find one before 4/23, but have complete system I can bring regardless:

1. Media Server with SSD
  2. Violectric V181 with 24Bit USB Module (running balanced amp and want Balanced DAC instead of USB module)
  3. "Full Moon Modded" Audeze LCD-2 (Dynamat Extreme Closed Cup Mod I am playing with) with Norse Audio 8 Wire with Neutrik 4 Pin XLR.
  4. Project TT, Audio Technica 33EV Cart, RSA F-117 Nighthawk Phono Stage (I can bring a dozen of the newly released MoFi vinyl).
  5. Pioneer Elite 47Ai DVD-A, SACD.

Portable:
  1. HifiMan 602
  2. IBasso PB2 Toucan Balanced
  3. UE Triple-fi with balanced Null Audio Enya & HiRose

I'm in Irvine area so we could carpool if you liked.  I'd rather save that extra $10 for a nice Italian dinner after rather than Subway myself.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #109 of 284

Quote:
Look forward to comparing your bigrock2150 to my "rastapants" mod.

Yes I look forward to it as well. I'll actually be bring two, once of which was the result of a mistake that actually turned into a very enjoyable headphone.

Quote:
Team UE will be there with our demo setups of custom IEMS and some of our other products.  If anyone is curious about the sound of these custom in-ears, here's your chance to try them :)

Please let us know if you guys would like us bring an audiologist along?  He/she can talk a bit about hearing and ear protection, plus take your ear impressions.

I would love for you guys to bring an Audiologist along! The station was a little too packed at the Bay Area meet so I wasn't able to get my impression there. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #110 of 284
Put me down for $20.

Never been to a meet before, so what's the etiquette? If one brings a complete system, does one also bring a table (or rack) and chair, plus a cooler and umbrella (scratch the umbrella, I was drifting into car show mode)? Any other tips, or gaffes to avoid? Commerce seems to be sanctioned, so I might bring some stuff to flog.

Is any one (else) coming from coastal north San Diego County, and if so, want to carpool?

Looking forward to hearing a bunch of interesting stuff

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #111 of 284
Kinda bummed I don't really have a good source to bring, my sflo2 is OK but doesn't sound that great to me compared to my Asus STX but dang who wants to lug the desktop tower plus LCD ?

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #113 of 284
It's a nice offer to bring an audiologist along.  I'm not the target market, as I have custom IEMs already, so others should pipe up if they are interested...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #114 of 284

Quote:
I'm in Irvine area so we could carpool if you liked.  I'd rather save that extra $10 for a nice Italian dinner after rather than Subway myself.

Right! Forgot we were going to be in the Italian District. You are so right!

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #116 of 284
I can pick some ppl up, mira mesa would be a little out of the way, but not too bad, I could pick some ppl up from ucsd too, if anyone needs it. send me a pm if you want/need a ride. I have a sedan, so ppl with gigantic rigs should not come with me probably.

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #117 of 284
I'm coming from North county but I'm Harboring my mother to downtown SD; and I have a mustang so there's virtually no back seat or else I'd offer to carpool. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #118 of 284
Hello everyone.  First post here but long time lurker.  I'm interested in attending this meet as well if its not too late.  I can bring my modest rig along for those who want to try out a solid, high value setup (Music Fidelity V-DAC -> Firestone Audio Cute Beyond amp with OPA 627 upgrade and Supplier PSU -> Grado SR-225 and AKG K-701)  I'm really hoping to get a chance to listen to the LCD-2's while i'm there.  Seriously considering them along with either the Burson HA-160D, Audio-GD NFB-10, or Violectric V-181 as my next setup.  Of course, I'd like to hear what gear I can before dropping possibly $2k+ on a new setup.  This would also be my first meet so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #119 of 284

Quote:
Hello everyone.  First post here but long time lurker.  I'm interested in attending this meet as well if its not too late.  I can bring my modest rig along for those who want to try out a solid, high value setup (Music Fidelity V-DAC -> Firestone Audio Cute Beyond amp with OPA 627 upgrade and Supplier PSU -> Grado SR-225 and AKG K-701)  I'm really hoping to get a chance to listen to the LCD-2's while i'm there.  Seriously considering them along with either the Burson HA-160D, Audio-GD NFB-10, or Violectric V-181 as my next setup.  Of course, I'd like to hear what gear I can before dropping possibly $2k+ on a new setup.  This would also be my first meet so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Lucky you!  There will be both the Burson and NFB10 for you to try. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #120 of 284
mrspeakers, please update the list of gear.  Add an HE-6 next to my name
bigsmile_face.gif

My credit card is being slow...I must wait til tonight to order it, but it will be ordered!!!  Hopefully head-direct can still ship it out by today also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back