San Diego Headphone Meet! 23 April 2011.
Apr 26, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #46 of 71
Heh, I was really close to bringing it actually.  If you are able to make it to the upcoming Venice Beach meet I'll bring it there for you.

Apr 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #48 of 71

Quote:
Also, the Audio-gd stuff was interesting. Very detailed, and interesting to compare to the Burson. Again, more analytical sounding to me, as was the HE6 in contrast to the LCD-2. I get why people are really into them, but it's not the right sound for me. My guess is if you like the HE6 sound the Audio GD would be a great choice, but for the LCD tubes or a Burson. what do the HE6 owners think?

I still think the LCD-2 goes well with audio-gd stuff as the LCD-2 lacks that extra detail compared to HE-6.  LCD-2 is already tilted more to the bass side as you said and pairing with the Burson just turned to tilt into a deep slope for me.  I know you really like the combo since you work with subs and just your preference in sound and music.  HE-6 pairs pretty well with the Burson but it needs more power.  I never realized the power requirement differences until I finally plugged both into my source. 

Well it was a great meet.  I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't try out the O2s...

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #51 of 71

My booth that I shared with my friend Bleho

EmphemeralHope and (i forgot your name) sharing music

UE and their booth

mrspeakers gear on the left

elwappo's gear on the right

n3rdling's own table

misterrogers with his Lyr

blackutopia and his B22

dannybuoy

livewire's gear

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #53 of 71
Very nice pics! That was a lot of fun. Though I have to make a purchase soon. All my stuff isn't good enough!

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #54 of 71
Great pics, wish I brought a camera myself haha. Well I think I am letting the D7000 go, Getting ready to bite the bullet and drop a deposit for the BHSE. Only thing I need to do now is to cancel my card and get a new one since Sony got hacked and a lot of people are getting their cards charged...

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #55 of 71
eek.gif
Damn I thought you were gonna get a SRS2050 combo and you're already getting a BHSE.  Nice!

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #57 of 71

Quote:
I believe Anaxilus had his gear to the left of livewire's

Yuppers.  That would be the ESP950 w/o the KGSSHV attached to it.  
triportsad.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #59 of 71

Quote:
Yuppers.  That would be the ESP950 w/o the KGSSHV attached to it.  
triportsad.gif

haha maybe try making one?
My friend kept coming back to your station and asking if it was up because he wanted to try the 555/8 so much haha.
I do love the looks of the 558 though, doesnt sound half bad either!

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #60 of 71
@ Hammerzeit -

Ha-Haaaaa!

I hope you already have a used BHSE lined up. The wait for a new one is at least a year.
And if Headamp tells you six months..........well, we've all heard THAT before.

Then you will need to find some O2 (or the new SR-009) Stax worthy of the Blue Hawaii. Cha-Ching!!!

Actually for the money, the SRS-2050 rig is a great Stax starter setup.
I have no regrets buying mine and do not plan on getting rid of it in the forseeable future.
And yes, I still yearn for a BHSE. Someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back