San Diego Headphone Meet! 23 April 2011.
Apr 28, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #61 of 71

Quote:
haha maybe try making one?
My friend kept coming back to your station and asking if it was up because he wanted to try the 555/8 so much haha.
I do love the looks of the 558 though, doesnt sound half bad either!

I hope he got to hear it?  It was mostly setup so you could AB the ESP950/E90 and ESP950/BH using the same music files.  

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #62 of 71
@ Hammerzeit -

Ha-Haaaaa!

I hope you already have a used BHSE lined up. The wait for a new one is at least a year.
And if Headamp tells you six months..........well, we've all heard THAT before.

Then you will need to find some O2 (or the new SR-009) Stax worthy of the Blue Hawaii. Cha-Ching!!!

Actually for the money, the SRS-2050 rig is a great Stax starter setup.
I have no regrets buying mine and do not plan on getting rid of it in the forseeable future.
And yes, I still yearn for a BHSE. Someday.

I'm completely counting on the fact that it will take a year or longer for the bhse to be made, by the time it arrives I should have the money and a can waiting to be paired with it. The 2050 system is amazing and I would most likely buy it after putting a deposit on the bhse hopefully by next month to satisfy my stax hunger. I kinda wished I never heard the stax...kinda :p

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #63 of 71
Luckily for me...I only head the O1 which I wasn't too impressed with
bigsmile_face.gif

Either way, I'm broke after buying my setup so I don't even have the option of getting high end Stax
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #64 of 71

Quote:
Luckily for me...I only head the O1 which I wasn't too impressed with
bigsmile_face.gif

What didn't you like?  I hope not the warmth from the tubes since you can change those.

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #65 of 71
I'm guessing the stax signature isn't for him. I remember my losing.my hearing temporarily when I was listening to the other stax attached to the bhse and the other guy had the O1. He turned the pot into the 12 o'clock which was WAY too loud for me, after I left I saw turn him up even higher.

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #66 of 71

Quote:
I'm guessing the stax signature isn't for him. I remember my losing.my hearing temporarily when I was listening to the other stax attached to the bhse and the other guy had the O1. He turned the pot into the 12 o'clock which was WAY too loud for me, after I left I saw turn him up even higher.

I was not a fan of the synergy between the KGSSHV and the O2 honestly.  I don't think there was synergy there actually but I know Jim's work isn't done either.  

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #67 of 71
It was pretty surprising how much louder the Sigma was than the Omega when both were plugged in at the same time.  It caught Deadneddz and I off guard.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #68 of 71

Quote:
What didn't you like?  I hope not the warmth from the tubes since you can change those.

It was just the bass.  Felt like it wasn't there.  Mids and treble are great though.  I've heard the O2s are quite different from the O1 which have better bass.  If that's the case, I'd probably like those a lot.  But just the O1 itself, didn't impress me too much.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #69 of 71

Quote:
It was just the bass.  Felt like it wasn't there.  Mids and treble are great though.  I've heard the O2s are quite different from the O1 which have better bass.  If that's the case, I'd probably like those a lot.  But just the O1 itself, didn't impress me too much.

Did you hear the 950 out of the KGSSHV?  I'm curious what you thought.

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #71 of 71

Quote:

Haha I think that was me, the O1 was significantly softer than the lambda AND I am a bit deaf in comparison to some of you out there (perhaps because of my earwax problem) so I have to listen at higher volumes than most people in order to appreciate it (to really hear all the dynamics). Because of that I did enjoy the lambda a bit more, because at 12 it was the perfect volume for me 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back