Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #18 of 452
It would need to be really good to justify the $99 pricetag considering some of the best stock headphones (LG Quadbeat series) can be bought for under $30. The quadbeat tuned by AKG were pretty good though so maybe samsung will surprise us.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #21 of 452
Cirrus Logic CS43130 MasterHIFI Audio D/A Converter <- this DAC seems to be the one in galaxy s8

Any news source? Because I would doubt that's the case as its the latest flagship dac from Cirrus Logic. It combines both an DAC and an amp. With such a powerful DAC chip, I doubt it will be implemented in a commercial smartphone for the mass consumers.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #23 of 452
What's the headphone jack's output impedance? That's a crucial question for anyone using a BA IEM, even a single BA. Anything over 0.5 ohms won't cut it.

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #24 of 452
I've pre-ordered one so should have it in about a month when it gets available here in Norway.

Peter it seems we have the same taste in gear and I'm crossing threads with you all the time. Did your Ember arrive yet? 

I assume the S8 in Norway is the version with Exynos, right? Can I ask where you preordered it? I always go for the European variants because I try to avoid US carrier phones like the plague. 

-Collin-

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #25 of 452
Peter it seems we have the same taste in gear and I'm crossing threads with you all the time. Did your Ember arrive yet? 

I assume the S8 in Norway is the version with Exynos, right? Can I ask where you preordered it? I always go for the European variants because I try to avoid US carrier phones like the plague. 

-Collin-

Hey Collin, great minds....

My Ember arrived in Norway this morning so probably tomorrow.

Yes, it's usually the Exynos version that's available here. Unfortunately my S8 is a work phone so I just sweet talked to the phone guy where I work. I've got no idea what company he buy our phones from. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help :frowning2:

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #26 of 452
Hey Collin, great minds....

My Ember arrived in Norway this morning so probably tomorrow.

Yes, it's usually the Exynos version that's available here. Unfortunately my S8 is a work phone so I just sweet talked to the phone guy where I work. I've got no idea what company he buy our phones from. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help
frown.gif

No worries, my friend. I found a few preorders for the SM-G950F version, which is what I want (or need!). 

Good luck with the Ember, feel free to PM me if you are interested in trying any other tubes. I think I had 20-30 at last count lol. 

-Collin-

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #27 of 452
No worries, my friend. I found a few preorders for the SM-G950F version, which is what I want (or need!). 

Good luck with the Ember, feel free to PM me if you are interested in trying any other tubes. I think I had 20-30 at last count lol. 

-Collin-

I'm glad you find it.

Thanks, I'll see what Jeremy included and PM you when I've played around a bit with it.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #30 of 452
  http://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2493834&headline=CRUS-Cirrus-Logic-losing-content-in-Samsung-Galacy-S-says-at-OTR-Global

NEWS!!!!!!!!

I would bet the farm that only the Exynos version is using that and the Snapdragon uses the 835 DAC, which apparently has been improved: 

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2017/01/03/qualcomm-snapdragon-835-mobile-platform-power-next-generation-immersive

1. Qualcomm Aqstic™ WCD9341 audio codec combined with Snapdragon 835 supports an audiophile grade DAC with 32-bit/384kHz support with an SNR at 115dB and ultra-low -105dB THD+N and native DSD hi-fi audio playback. Additionally, the Snapdragon 835 supports Qualcomm® aptX™ and aptX HD Bluetooth audio with 2x improved power for wireless connectivity;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back