Samsung S10
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #242 of 270
That makes no sense whatsoever. How is decreasing the 16kHz band by 1dB 'disabling EQ'? This is just the opposite, enabling EQ. The EQ is disabled when all bands are set to 0dB.
just do it and listen

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #246 of 270
Have you tried it? Worked for me on my S10 plus
are u really serious about it....that's the only way to turn off the eq

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #248 of 270
Has anyone here actually listened to both Exynos and Snapdragon S10+? Is the Exynos one really audibly inferior despite anandtech's measurements? I know in the review he says he could hear a difference, but I am hesitant to consider that more than placebo unless multiple people had the same experience.

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #249 of 270
Has anyone here actually listened to both Exynos and Snapdragon S10+? Is the Exynos one really audibly inferior despite anandtech's measurements? I know in the review he says he could hear a difference, but I am hesitant to consider that more than placebo unless multiple people had the same experience.

Interested in this as well. I have the Exynos version s10e (although thought I ordered the Snapdragon). Coming from the s8, the s10e has a pitch black noise floor, compared to the slight buzz of the s8. I use reasonably sensitive IEMs.

I had a fiio btr5 and could not pick any sonic improvements in USB DAC mode or or wireless using LDAC. Although wanting to love the btr5 I sold it (at a loss of course) as it was just redundant. I am confused because smartphones are generally considered poor sources here but the btr5 and other DAC dongles received such praise.

I didn't conduct a blind volume matched test, but this process should be done by those who hear such a large disparity between devices. This will give confirmation to those individuals and us lurkers on headfi.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #252 of 270
Jul 2, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #254 of 270
Yes, it works with my S10 but unbelievably not my Sony ZX507!
I've owned it for several years and have tried my previous S7 and current S10 but it either won't show or connect. Have you done any bluetooth tweaks in developer options ?
Ironic the ZX507 doesn't connect.
Someone just asked on the Walkman thread.

Jul 2, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #255 of 270
I've always chosen to use a Walkman for my main music listening, although I carry all my music on an SD card in my phone which I mostly use with a JBL bluetooth speaker when out doing deliveries - so my understanding of android for audio is basic.
Recently I went for a desktop amp/dac and although the best pairing is the Walkman as a source for brief listening sessions I may find that android (UAPP app) allows for a quicker, easier, on the fly compiling of songs.
When using UAPP with bit perfect settings > OTG/Audioquest Carbon cable to my TA-ZH1ES it sounds more harsh than PC or Walkman, it sounds like some kind of processing is going on.
I understand that not all sources sound the same but I was wondering if the were developer settings or app settings that may improve upon the sound output? It seems historically Samsung haven't been the best for audio, has that improved with the S10 and recent phones and later firmwares? Is UAPP the best app or is there another that may work better for the S10?

Another thing, which could just be the way the TA-ZH1ES detects signals, is that some audio files don't seem to display the true bit/sample rates eg dsf 24/96 sometimes display as 192/24. This has me wondering if there is some resampling going on even though I have the app setting as off. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back