Samsung S10
Jul 21, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #226 of 270
Would owners of the Exynos S10/S10+/S10e mind taking a few minutes of your time to download and play the below 30-second long BS EN 50332-1 'Program Simulation Noise' through the phone at maximum volume with Google Play Music (all system EQ and sound enhancements off) and record its output (e.g. using the free Audacity program) by connecting the line-out of the phone via a 3.5mm cable to the highest quality ADC device you have (a PC soundcard line-in would do)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocxvs0bhneadcnh/EN50332_ProgSignal_44.16_-10dBFS.wav?dl=0

Then just upload the recorded wav file to a file sharing site. This would be highly appreciated.

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #227 of 270
I bought Galaxy s10 exynos last week. I tried first with Brainwavz B400 which is my favourite IEM but I didn't like sound quality. I don't know how to express. Sound was hard and bit noisy. Is that hiss ? as this is quad BA. Because I'm not sure what is hiss in IEM

Next I tried with cheap OnePlus Silver Bullets wired IEM. It costs 1/10th of B400 but sound is surprisingly good may be because I don't hear that hard noisy thing. not sure

I don't have much wired headphones with me currently as slowly trying to accustom to bluetooth (though I don't like). I'm planning to buy some good portable wired headphone

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #230 of 270
Another question regarding Galaxy s10

Are Samsung Music app and USB Audio Player pro the only apps to bypass android driver? Because I can see spotify integrated with Samsung Music but when I click it is opening spotify's own app. In that case, it is not using internal hires driver?

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #231 of 270
@visanj This works on all versions. This is the best thing to do with the Galaxy

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #232 of 270
Another question regarding Galaxy s10

Are Samsung Music app and USB Audio Player pro the only apps to bypass android driver? Because I can see spotify integrated with Samsung Music but when I click it is opening spotify's own app. In that case, it is not using internal hires driver?

Neutron Player also bypasses the Android audio mixer, when playing offline files. But no app integrates Spotify, so that will always go through the Android mixer unfortunately. Do not use the Android graphic equalizer at all if you can help it (keep it on 'normal', with all other sound 'enhancements' off). Neutron Player has a max 30-band high quality parametric EQ that's much better.

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #233 of 270
the problem is that the samsung uses its own mixer and the apps work through it, it's very easy to check

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #235 of 270
So does it mean that even spotify uses same mixer/driver as samsung music?
you can check it easily, just change the system equalizer settings while playing spotify

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #237 of 270
I tried spotify and apple music and in both apps I can change settings in equalizer (same as samsung music) and I can see the change in sound effect. Does it mean all apps use same samsung mixer/driver?
if it is a system equalizer then the answer is "yes"

Nov 5, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #239 of 270
Thank you so much for this hack - how bizarre, but it works a treat on my S10 Plus. Any idea why?

Also - got any more audio hacks? lol
This hack disables EQ.
I didn't find any others, my Note9 broke down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back