Samsung S10
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #151 of 270
Welp, Samsung tech and local authorized tech think it could be a bad lot of phones that got delivered to the store.

Can anyone else confirm they do or do not get any type of hiss or feedback after a certain volume level?

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #154 of 270
Welp, Samsung tech and local authorized tech think it could be a bad lot of phones that got delivered to the store.

Can anyone else confirm they do or do not get any type of hiss or feedback after a certain volume level?
Hey there,

I just bought an S10+ snapdragon, and it sounds great with my Campfire Lyra II, with a pitch black background. I have really good hearing, and don't hear any hiss, at all. Also, the phone has a really good soundstage and separation, with killer bass. Overall, I am really happy with my S10+, and it will work for me.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #155 of 270
Hey there,

I just bought an S10+ snapdragon, and it sounds great with my Campfire Lyra II, with a pitch black background. I have really good hearing, and don't hear any hiss, at all. Also, the phone has a really good soundstage and separation, with killer bass. Overall, I am really happy with my S10+, and it will work for me.

Thanks for the response. From my understanding the plus and regular S10 share the same audio hardware bits so I must have got a phone from a bad lot like they thought. I'll go through the process and see what happens at the end.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #157 of 270
Thanks for the response. From my understanding the plus and regular S10 share the same audio hardware bits so I must have got a phone from a bad lot like they thought. I'll go through the process and see what happens at the end.
I really hope they get you fixed up, with a good one! I am continuing to be impressed by the audio, coming from the 3.5mm jack. The black background really helps with the separation and opens up the soundstage. I am coming from the Note 5, and really like the improved sound on the S10+.

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #158 of 270
Yes but I think the extra power on s10plus battery is utilities to improve the audio by 1 db snr and 1 db crosstalk. Hope someone compares both.

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #162 of 270
Don't really wanna search through 11 pages so I'll just ask here. Does the S10+ European version (Exynos) sound good? I currently have the S7 Edge and I'm pretty happy with it but now I'm getting the itch to upgrade. Is the S10+ worth it? I would have went with the Note 10 but they have ridiculously removed the 3.5mm headphone jack! Idiots!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #163 of 270
Don't really wanna search through 11 pages so I'll just ask here. Does the S10+ European version (Exynos) sound good? I currently have the S7 Edge and I'm pretty happy with it but now I'm getting the itch to upgrade. Is the S10+ worth it? I would have went with the Note 10 but they have ridiculously removed the 3.5mm headphone jack! Idiots!

I'd get the Snapdragon variant over the Exynos. The Exynos version has poor audio implementation in comparison, as shown by Anandtech here (bottom of the page): https://www.anandtech.com/show/14072/the-samsung-galaxy-s10plus-review/16. It's also sightly faster, more efficient (better battery life, stays cooler), and with sightly better camera performance. You also get an FM radio and dual-band GPS as a bonus.

If you do decide to go for the Snapdragon and you're in Europe, get the Hong Kong version (G9750), which will have all the network bands you need, and will be cheaper than importing the US version. You might have issues with carrier aggregation (although I fixed this with a small tweak) and Samsung Pay (which I don't use), but I think it's worth it for the better audio alone. Also be aware to repair the phone under the Samsung warranty you'd have to send it back to Hong Kong, but I have mobile phone insurance with my Nationwide FlexPlus account so that covers any repairs that can be done in the UK.

I got my Hong Kong Snapdragon S10e from Eglobal Central UK. I've heard the occasional problem from others with them and stock delays, but everything went smoothly for me. Just pay with PayPal and it should be fine. You can get the S10+ from them for around £600 currently: https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/sa...-8gb-128gb-dual-sim-black.html#/product/28494

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #165 of 270
I think I'll just stick with my S7 Edge for now then, I don't want to risk buying a phone from Hong Kong. I would have wanted the 512GB version anyway.

Fair enough. But there's zero risk if you pay via PayPal, and it's only a very small minority who have experienced the odd delay with Eglobal from what I've seen. With a microSD card slot that takes up to 1TB I think 128GB internal storage is more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back