Samsung S10
Jun 25, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #121 of 270
You didnt even touch it. You can know it break soon you are God.
My sonata had loose connections. I returned it. Though ve odessey sounds worse it's a tank connector. This dac has exactly the same wire that sonata has. And for 40 bucks they could have used the joints ve odessey has. I don't drop a glass tumbler to see if it breaks.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #122 of 270
Further listening to my S10 with CA Andromeda S, I noticed that at the lowest 1/2 click volume levels from mute, there is no background hissing. But as soon as I up volume to level 3 (3 clicks from mute), I can definitely hear hissing when I am in a quiet room listening. It almost seems that something (amp power on?) clicks in there.

Well, Andromeda are very sensitive buds, guess I will be going the IEMatch route to avoid another device which needs charging. Heard that S10+ had an output impedance somewhere between 2-3 ohm so hopefully sound will not change much........

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #123 of 270
Alright, using 60 Hz test file and 30 Ohms resistor, I'm reading 0.5438V without load and 0.5095V with 30 Ohms load, giving an output impedance of 2.02 Ohms.

If I manage to get my hands on the other phones or the Exynos versions somehow, I'll test them too.

So, it only has ~0.5V output? That's kinda disappointing. 0.5V isn't gonna be enough to properly drive any but th highest sensitivity earphones.
Does it increase with, say, the high performance battery mode?

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #124 of 270
So, it only has ~0.5V output? That's kinda disappointing. 0.5V isn't gonna be enough to properly drive any but th highest sensitivity earphones.
Does it increase with, say, the high performance battery mode?

S10 sticks with EN-50332 volume regulations for one package setups (sources with bundled headphones),

Thus it will deliver:

0'5 into low loads (bundled earphones)
0'75 into open loads
1vrms into high loads

Non EU&South Korean iPhones neglect EN-50332 and deliver 1 Vrms no matter what load they 'see'.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #125 of 270
S10 sticks with EN-50332 volume regulations for one package setups (sources with bundled headphones),

Thus it will deliver:

0'5 into low loads (bundled earphones)
0'75 into open loads
1vrms into high loads

Non EU&South Korean iPhones neglect EN-50332 and deliver 1 Vrms no matter what load they 'see'.

Ah, I didn't know that, very interesting!
Could you also elaborate on how they decide on what is a high load? Because according to QuadraKev he got about 0.5V on the dt770 which has an impedance of 250 ohms and a sensitivity of ~95db/mW (if I remember correctly).

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #129 of 270
Just tested my S10+ (SD855) with UAPP. Confirmed that if using standard Android Audio Driver as output, my flac music all have noticeable hiss. But when Hires Direct Driver is used, music is hiss free!

So the question is, is there any way to always have the phone use hires direct driver instead of the stupid crappy Android Audio driver.......

Jul 7, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #130 of 270
Just tested my S10+ (SD855) with UAPP. Confirmed that if using standard Android Audio Driver as output, my flac music all have noticeable hiss. But when Hires Direct Driver is used, music is hiss free!

So the question is, is there any way to always have the phone use hires direct driver instead of the stupid crappy Android Audio driver.......

Phone output itself = NO. Only vivo x series can bypass with their hifi output.

Else, you need usb type c dac.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #131 of 270
My phone contract runs out this month and the Telekom people really try to sell me the S10 Exynos.
I am really trying to hold them off in case the V50 arrives in Germany since they just made a clear sell for the V40.
But worst case scenario I will have to take a phone now and they already removed the V40 from the lineup.

There is the option for fiio btr3 but for my all around carry option I would rather have few things as possible.
The suggestion to fix phone sound by adding external is not so handy.

From reading this thread the S10 seems decent with a couple of tweaks or is anyone here regretting getting it?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #132 of 270
My phone contract runs out this month and the Telekom people really try to sell me the S10 Exynos.
I am really trying to hold them off in case the V50 arrives in Germany since they just made a clear sell for the V40.
But worst case scenario I will have to take a phone now and they already removed the V40 from the lineup.

There is the option for fiio btr3 but for my all around carry option I would rather have few things as possible.
The suggestion to fix phone sound by adding external is not so handy.

From reading this thread the S10 seems decent with a couple of tweaks or is anyone here regretting getting it?

I am not regret on camera quality and snappy ui of it. The sound quality itself is so-so.

Therefore get ibasso dc01/02 or bluetooth dac is better experience.

Jul 13, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #133 of 270
Hello, I have a S10+ Exynos version, I´m not very happy with the output sound of the 3.5 port and I was looking for a good Usb-c Jack 3.5 DAC. Has anybody tried Ibasso dc01 on S10+? I was going to buy it but i´ve seen this:
upload_2019-7-13_20-36-37.png

Can you recomend other Usb-c Jack 3.5 DAC for s10+ that really improves the musical experience wiht this phone?

Thank you very much

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #134 of 270
First of all, the DC01 has a 2.5mm true balanced output, not the 3.5mm you are looking for.

Aa for 3.5mm output usb dac dongles, I would recommend the Musiland MU2 Plus, alternatively, the cheaper new Meizu Hifi HD Dac is also very good.

On a slightly bigger form factor but more versatile, I also recommend the Fiio BTR3, which is a bluetooth dac with LDAC, and can also be used via a direct usb c connection. This one also has the AK4493 DAC.

Hello, I have a S10+ Exynos version, I´m not very happy with the output sound of the 3.5 port and I was looking for a good Usb-c Jack 3.5 DAC. Has anybody tried Ibasso dc01 on S10+? I was going to buy it but i´ve seen this:

Can you recomend other Usb-c Jack 3.5 DAC for s10+ that really improves the musical experience wiht this phone?

Thank you very much

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #135 of 270

Thank you very much

I used ibasso dc01 with s10+. I dont see It has incompatibility issue.

Wait for upcoming ibasso dc02 for 3.5 output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back