Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
Oct 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #616 of 704
I had to revert back to stock rom on my s7e exynos, as after I flashed superman rom with v4a and zubi1982 sound mod the noise out from the headphone was insane

although I liked the sound mods but that noise is so bad

I was wondering if there is a rom, that gives clean sound with no noise to use with sensitive iem like empire ears zeus r

or if there is a fix for the noise coming out of the headphone jack

It was a bit painful to revert back to stock rom, as I faced soft brick and had to use switch Samsung pc app

i do not know if it was the v4a for android that increased the noise or if it was the zubi1982 sound mod

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #617 of 704
  I had to revert back to stock rom on my s7e exynos, as after I flashed superman rom with v4a and zubi1982 sound mod the noise out from the headphone was insane

although I liked the sound mods but that noise is so bad

I was wondering if there is a rom, that gives clean sound with no noise to use with sensitive iem like empire ears zeus r

or if there is a fix for the noise coming out of the headphone jack

It was a bit painful to revert back to stock rom, as I faced soft brick and had to use switch Samsung pc app

i do not know if it was the v4a for android that increased the noise or if it was the zubi1982 sound mod

It will almost certainly have been the ZuBi182 mod that caused the extra noise. Rather than reflash stock you could have just reverted back to the stock mixer_paths.xml & mixer_gains.xml files that the ZuBi mod flashes. The level 3 mod pretty much maxes out all audio outputs and is probably best for higher impedance, lower sensitivity headphones. You can turn V4A on an off to test its impact on audio quality.

I'm not sure that any rom will give you less noise as that is most likely down to the hardware limitations of the headphone jack. You could try adjusting the levels in the mixer_gains.xml file by lowering the value of 'HPOUT1L Impedance Volume', 'HPOUT1R Impedance Volume' and 'HPOUT Digital Volume' you will need to up the volume if you lower these values but they do seem to reduce hiss. Install AlsaMixer and change the values using that to test and if you find a figure you are happy with edit the mixer_gains.xml file.

Before making any changes to these system files be sure to have a backup that you can revert to.

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #618 of 704
ok i solved my hiss issues with buying ifi iematch as my iem is very very sensitive which is the empire ears zeus r

with my ie800 i have no hiss issues so i do not use the ifi iematch

now i want to say it, after buying the s7e, and installing back zubi1982 and v4a man i do not listen to my fiio x7 at all

i find even the sound of my s7e with v4a and zubi1982 sounding better than the fiio x7

am i alone who thinks the s7e exyons sounds so dam goods 

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #620 of 704
With the Exynos S7 935FD does sound good using my UERM.  For IEMs power is sufficient enough to drive it well, and I am liking the sound out of my CIEM.  Good boomy bass out of UERM for me.  I'm using USB audio play pro without an external DAC.  Interestingly, this media player sounds better than any others placebo or not.

DAC chip in it is the Lucky CS47L91.  Probably Cirrus Logic design chip.  Makes since given previous international models included Wolfson chips, with Wolfson acquisition by CL.  

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #621 of 704
  With the Exynos S7 935FD does sound good using my UERM.  For IEMs power is sufficient enough to drive it well, and I am liking the sound out of my CIEM.  Good boomy bass out of UERM for me.  I'm using USB audio play pro without an external DAC.  Interestingly, this media player sounds better than any others placebo or not.

DAC chip in it is the Lucky CS47L91.  Probably Cirrus Logic design chip.  Makes since given previous international models included Wolfson chips, with Wolfson acquisition by CL.  

Yeah... my Note 5 with the same DAC sounded glorious... Measured extremely well too. Damn you S7E with Snapdragon :frowning2: Nowhere near as good.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #626 of 704
does it havee a line out?

Not that I am aware of and there are no settings to turn the headphone out into a line out. If you max it out I suppose you could use it as line out but I suspect most people would consider it to be double-amping; with that said I have connected the headphone out to a line-in and it doesn't sound bad.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #627 of 704
Not that I am aware of and there are no settings to turn the headphone out into a line out. If you max it out I suppose you could use it as line out but I suspect most people would consider it to be double-amping; with that said I have connected the headphone out to a line-in and it doesn't sound bad.
thanks

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #628 of 704
I don't understand why people say there are volume issues with the S7.
I'm using the Exynos version and with PowerAmp Alpha build 3 through the Play Store I don't have any problems once I enable the Hi-Res audio output.

Can someone please explain? Thanks.

OK, so I've read on the Poweramp forums that there's a problem with DVC that causes volume problems, and it should be fixed when the next build comes out or something.

In my experience after testing it for a couple of minutes it sounds like the order of how loud the output options are is
Hi-Res Audio> OpenSL (no DVC) > OpenSL (DVC on)

However, that's just my experience and you might have different results.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #629 of 704
If I may, does anyone here have a problem with the gapless playback (or lack thereof) of the S7 Edge? My gapless albums that work on PC and the iphone don't seem to work the same way with my S7. I;m using the exynos version btw.

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #630 of 704
If I may, does anyone here have a problem with the gapless playback (or lack thereof) of the S7 Edge? My gapless albums that work on PC and the iphone don't seem to work the same way with my S7. I;m using the exynos version btw.

Google Play Music, for whatever stupid reason, does not offer gapless playback of albums. USB Audio Player Pro, though it cannot play your GPM library, does offer gapless playback and is a noticeable improvement in sound quality. You do not need a USB DAC to use it too.

Google Play Music, to me, sounds better than iTunes but UAPP is the most accurate software available for Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back