Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
Jul 21, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #541 of 704
I´m reading thread, but I can´t do S7 works with an iBasso D-Zero mkII without USB audio Pro or similar. I want to use it with Spotify, but while many people posted they did it, my devide detects iBasso DAC but there is no sound. Any advice?

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #542 of 704
I´m reading thread, but I can´t do S7 works with an iBasso D-Zero mkII without USB audio Pro or similar. I want to use it with Spotify, but while many people posted they did it, my devide detects iBasso DAC but there is no sound. Any advice?
I do know that if you have UAPP installed, and at any point you click the little tick box that says about audio control going to UAPP when connecting a DAC that it then stops the sound for all other devices / jacks (in the same way as Windows Exclusive Mode)...

Maybe uninstalling UAPP (or resetting its preferences) may help!?

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #547 of 704
Best of both worlds for those who like the S7 Edge is to get the Chord Mojo. The provided OTG adapter by Samsung + a USB-> micro-b lets the music through to the Mojo just like that. Pretty much Plug & Play. Then I use Foobar2000 for Android. :)

I'm a happy S7 Edge fan with awesome music quality thanks to Chord & Foobar2000.

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #548 of 704
HQuote:
  Best of both worlds for those who like the S7 Edge is to get the Chord Mojo. The provided OTG adapter by Samsung + a USB-> micro-b lets the music through to the Mojo just like that. Pretty much Plug & Play. Then I use Foobar2000 for Android. :)

I'm a happy S7 Edge fan with awesome music quality thanks to Chord & Foobar2000.

Hello,​

well the pricing is about the same than the S7 !

anybody having an experience with a Cambridge Dacmagic XS, connected to the S7, which price is more affordable ...
I'll use it with a Sennheiser HD 429

Olivier

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #549 of 704
anyone compare the headphone  sound quality (exynos) with this phone and the older s6?
also how headphone volume output compares, since i read it is quite low on this s7
im contemplating which phone to get and this could be deal breaker.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #550 of 704
anyone compare the headphone  sound quality (exynos) with this phone and the older s6?
also how headphone volume output compares, since i read it is quite low on this s7
im contemplating which phone to get and this could be deal breaker.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/mobile-phone/best-audio-phone-2016-uk-whats-best-phone-for-music-lg-g5-htc-10-3633585/

You can find something here. In general, for headphones is better S6.

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #551 of 704
LG V20 will be the first smartphone to carry a 32-bit Quad DAC chip (ESS Technology)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V20-will-be-the-first-smartphone-to-carry-a-32-bit-Quad-DAC-chip_id84049

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #554 of 704
  LG V20 will be the first smartphone to carry a 32-bit Quad DAC chip (ESS Technology)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V20-will-be-the-first-smartphone-to-carry-a-32-bit-Quad-DAC-chip_id84049

What will a 32 bit accomplish? No source material has anywhere near the DR to take advantage of this. If one had such material and the hardware to reproduce this all the way to sound waves it would roast our ears and cause buildings to collapse.

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #555 of 704
Does anyone know if the active key on the Galaxy S7 Active can be used as a play/pause button in music apps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back