Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality
Apr 25, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #91 of 228
Going to do some more testing this weekend comparing the S6 to my Tab S 8.4 again as they both have Exynos (though the Tab S is not practical as a mobile player).
Well just spent another hour A-B-C listening between S6, Note 4 (SD) & TabS8.4 (Exynos) of my 6 test tracks.

With my Shure 846's I can't really differentiate between the Note 4 and TabS and both sound excellent. With the S6 I pick it out each time as the worse as it lacks sparkle/life, sounds like I'm listening through a veil.

Really dissapointed as for all other things the S6 seems excellent but really cant use it as my music player.

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #92 of 228
Which is odd, my impression of the S6 (edge) is different, I would doubt they'd have different hardware other than the screen???

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #93 of 228
For me the Edge is very good but only with the Onkyo HF player. Dead silent background noise. Miles ahead of the iPhone 6/6P and the Note 3 - never had the Note 4.
My AK240 is in for repair and the S6 Edge does a really good job. If I only had the 128GB model...

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #94 of 228
Hello!
I am gonna buy an S6 tomorrow or after tomorrow, how is the speaker volume for ringtones? Is it loud enough on its own or it need a little boost with Viper4Android?
Btw how is the volume for speaker, wired and BT earphones thansk to V4A volume boost?
Compared to Note 4 and M8 if possible

Apr 29, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #95 of 228
Sorry guys, I've been away for a while.  So... I would like to update my sound experience with my phone.

After a good while of listening to my library through Neutron, I've been really enjoying the sound quality of my S6 edge.  The app itself was updated twice since I received the phone, so I'm not sure if the sound quality improved partially through that.  What I am certain of, is that the sound quality of the phone changes after removing Samsung's sound driver.  The Viper4Android 'Ultra sound quality' driver makes a quite noticeable difference however.  And of course, I uninstalled all Samsung's sound apps like SoundAlive and Adapt Sound after rooting to make sure nothing was interfering.

Great dynamic range and instrument separation.  Combine that zero background hiss on HQ tracks, and all the functionality V4A offers and you have something quite spectacular. (Especially with V4A's bass controls)

Which is odd, my impression of the S6 (edge) is different, I would doubt they'd have different hardware other than the screen???

I'm curious about this as well, The sim card trays are in radically different spots I know for certain, so they may have had to move some things around inside the phone as well.  I would like to investigate this further, this is is a great observation :D

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #96 of 228
Don't know if latest Spotify/Samsung update changed anything but S6 sounds much improved now being on a par with Note 4! Maybe Spotify has been set to use the Adapt sound settings now! (I've only tried Spotify Extreme, not actual music copied to the phone)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #97 of 228
does it matter which android phone i use when i want to connect it to an external dac/amp like denon da 10, or it will not matter 

i am using my sony xperia z ultra now with my denon da 10 dac/amp so will buying a better phone make a difference or not at all

May 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #99 of 228
does it matter which android phone i use when i want to connect it to an external dac/amp like denon da 10, or it will not matter 

i am using my sony xperia z ultra now with my denon da 10 dac/amp so will buying a better phone make a difference or not at all
depends, as far as I know the s6 poor audio it's not from hardware but from software so if you pair the s6 with a dac/amp you will have the same poor quality due to software mods for audio made by samsung. - as far as I know, if I'm wrong please anyone correct me- :) I am too looking for a good source of Android audio.

May 6, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #102 of 228
I tried the Samsung S6 for 2 days. and send it back The S6 Sounds dull and less dynamic , instruments sounds artificial and the soundstage was very superficial, all in all very dissapointing. I listened it with my iem Sennheiser IE800 .Maybe this is not a good match I don't know . How ever I liked the camera very much. So for now I will keep my IPhone 6 which sounds wonderful comparing to the S6

May 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #103 of 228
It's a mater of taste then, I hated iphone and ipod dull sound quality for years, I bought Samsung P2 then P3 then Cowon J3 before finally choosing to listen to music on Android phone with M7, M8 and now S6, they are all having superior  and richer audio than apple products which are just pure marketing genius

May 10, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #105 of 228
how can you uninstall/remove the samsung audio software to put viper4amdroid or any other software? My att s6 finally has a way to get root and I'm looking to remove those things like I've seen people do.

There is a special step by step to install V4A on S6, for Samsung audio apps you can delete them using Titanium backup or flash a custom rom that rip them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back