Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality
Nov 13, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #76 of 257
I went to RMAA web site and compared the results of one normal sound card with one hi-fi sound card

http://audio.rightmark.org/test/creative-live5.1-2496.html
http://audio.rightmark.org/test/lynx-two-b-2496.html

From there, I can interpret that Galaxy S with Voodoo is better than NFB-12 on frequency response, noise level and dynamic range but worse on IMD+noise and stereo crosstalk. I think I can conclude that it can drive HD650 acceptably but of course everyone's mileage may vary.

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #77 of 257
^ You might want to wait for some native Ice Cream Sandwich phones to pair with such high quality headphones. The new ICS phones are said to have an output port that can be used with a portable amp to bypass the internal one.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #78 of 257
I have SGS with Voodoo and the SQ it's amazing, IMO better than my Cowon D2 and Clip+ (both rockboxed).
I wonder about the SGS output impedance, I've been looking for this measurement at head-fi and also with google but haven't found it.
Has anyone measured it or could tell me where I can find it?

Thanks.

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #80 of 257
I read somewhere it was about 8 Ohms. But i can't pinpoint where i gathered the data from. I'll ask the Voodoo maker about it since he is likely to know that key spec.

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #82 of 257

Quote:
As their attorney, I advise people who are still afraid to root! root! (particularly Samsung Epic owners) to use Clockwork Mod to slap froyo silly and install Bonsai while their phones are still gibbering puns. 

I myself have flashed a few flashier ROMs, but Bonsai seems the stablest and smoothest to use to transition from stock Ben and Jerry.  It also adds the Voodoo kernel and allows for Head-fi members' obsession with tweaks, since the developer is rather enamored of his earspeaks, too.

Yoo-hoo, Voodoo Yousers:  If you haven't done so already, look for HD amp in your shortcut menu and drop it on your topdesk.  Selecting it brings up the display for Voodoo Control's headphone amp volume and allows you to adjust it on the insect.

The other must-auricle enhancement for the Galaxy S1 is, In My Incredibly Humble Opinion, a recalcitrant little wang by the handle of Neutron.  It is without ?-tion the best-sounding music player I've plied so far, and it shreds and pirouettes upon the concave forehead of Poweramp, Rockbox et al., Al, with its sound-engineer UI and various audiophile-courting options, which work in tandem with Voodoo real swell, dadyo.  Other music players try to be iTunes' geekier sis, but Neutron does not give a Friar Pluck about your sheeny-shiny graphics or your frou-frou phew-phew library organization.  Its pixelated faderworld is utterly obsessed with sonic options and little else (daughter of Elsa Little, and stop gaping at her tiny shoes).

Good post, once deciphered.  Nucking futs, but a good post nonetheless.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #85 of 257

Quote:
Is it safe to assume the entire galaxy s family, even the cheaper ones (ie: Vibrant), have the same audio/sq capabilities, post flash?

Thx

Vibrant & Voodoo sound here.

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #86 of 257
Same and I wouldn't say that the vibrant is the cheaper model.  I actually prefer it over all of the other galaxy models, in fact from what I have seen it has the highest resale/sale value of any sgs except for the i9000 international of which it is almost physically identical.

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #87 of 257
Would it make sense to grab a Vibrant for cheap and use it with no sim as a PMP? I was thinking of a Galaxy Player 4.0 but they aren't out in Canada yet. I've got a company paid for blackberry so I don't need a phone but I want to upgrade my iPod touch 3rd Gen to something that can handle flac.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #88 of 257
Based on my research so far, a Voodoo'd Nexus S seems to have the best audio quality of any phone. I want to know how well a Voodoo'd nexus s meshes with a simple amp (cmoy) for sound quality. And how does its performance stack up against an imod?

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #89 of 257
Tried a voodooed Captivate, definitely big improvement over non voodoo. I can't compare it to the Nexus S since I never actually had one in my hand. But I've read somewhere that the chip is the same in the Nexus as in the Galaxy S phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back