Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality
Dec 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #91 of 257

Quote:
Would it make sense to grab a Vibrant for cheap and use it with no sim as a PMP? I was thinking of a Galaxy Player 4.0 but they aren't out in Canada yet. I've got a company paid for blackberry so I don't need a phone but I want to upgrade my iPod touch 3rd Gen to something that can handle flac.

That's what I did, for around the same price of a 5.0 you can get a sgs root it and through a custom rom on it I prefer the miui aosp and the voodoo control app.  I actually got a bnib sealed vibrant including tmobile sim for 285, and I absolutely love it and the sound quality.  Plus if you ever decide to use it on another network (make sure you get the rght phone cdma or gsm depending on the network) you can simply unlock it, simple mobile here in the states is the prepaid line of tmobile and offers unlimited plans on 3g for 40 a month.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #93 of 257
I have been utilizing the miui roms.  Make sure that you read the instruction if you have never flashed cm7 or miui before.  Then you can run the voodoo app, I just use the paid one since I wanted to help supercurio out for all the hard work he has done.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #94 of 257
Hi,

I am from Brazil and last week I got a used-like-new Samsung Galaxy S i9000b (brazilian version) and installed the ROM MIUI-Scotland ICS Stable 2.1.26 with the Kernel NEO_17_18 that have support to Voodoo V10.

Then installed Voodoo Control App (free version) to set some adjustments and with in-ear phones/headset that came with it sounds amazing, but, that in-ear phone/headset had just one button =(

So, what is a good and budget option of great phones with 3 buttons? To get next song, get back and to receive calls?

Tks for your attention.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #95 of 257

Quote:
Hi,

I am from Brazil and last week I got a used-like-new Samsung Galaxy S i9000b (brazilian version) and installed the ROM MIUI-Scotland ICS Stable 2.1.26 with the Kernel NEO_17_18 that have support to Voodoo V10.

Then installed Voodoo Control App (free version) to set some adjustments and with in-ear phones/headset that came with it sounds amazing, but, that in-ear phone/headset had just one button =(

So, what is a good and budget option of great phones with 3 buttons? To get next song, get back and to receive calls?

Tks for your attention.

Double click the button fast to get to the next song.

Triple click the button goes back to the previous song.

One click is for play/pause....or answering calls.

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #96 of 257
I'm running Android 2.3.4 (Samsung) with a modified kernel with Voodoo sound integrated and the full Voodoo sound control panel, one of the first apps I purchased. I'm also using Poweramp! as my music player because of its excellent EQ support. Created several EQ profiles for all my headphones. They have updated it recently and it is now unfortunately a bit more buggy than it used to be. 

The WM8994 powers most headphones more than adequately but with my HD580 I still have to use an amp as they sound strained straight out of the headphone output. The HD448 also sounds a bit more boomy/flabby straight out of the headphone jack. I normally use my JDS Labs cmoy 2.03 amp and this combination is really quite good in my view. I seldom miss my desktop rig! :)

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #97 of 257
I just bought a used HD650. I find that SGS+Voodoo can drive it well at 0dB. I used to listen to my ER4P+75ohm at -7dB. There seems to be 5dB for Voodoo to spare. Do I really need an amp? If so, which one??

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #100 of 257
Can anyone point me to a link where I get the most simply instructions available to prepare my Samsung Galaxy S for proper sound with Vodoo, the installatation of the new Kernel and everything needed. I have GT-I9000. That would be awesome

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #101 of 257

Quote:
Can anyone point me to a link where I get the most simply instructions available to prepare my Samsung Galaxy S for proper sound with Vodoo, the installatation of the new Kernel and everything needed. I have GT-I9000. That would be awesome

Google [PriceCUT] Voodoo Control Plus, you do need to root your phone and currently the price is reduced to $1.30.  I am currently running the Galnet MIUI rom however only a rooted device is necessary.  You can google them and there should be instructions to follow, or you can head over to the XDA forums and find a different ROM to your liking.  Read and following the direction carefully as I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone :wink:

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #102 of 257
Thanks for the suggestions! I did buy the pro version but it still doesn't work, it says "you need a rooted device to load the driver!". Kernel version 2.6.32.9

Im running android 2.2

Quote:
Google [PriceCUT] Voodoo Control Plus, you do not need to root your phone and currently the price is reduced to $1.30.  I however have rooted my phone and I am currently running the Galnet MIUI flavor.  You can google them and there should be instructions to follow, or you can head over to the XDA forums and find a different ROM to your liking.  Read and following the direction carefully as I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone :wink:

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #103 of 257
Sorry on a stock phone it does need to be rooted.  You can head over to forum(dot)xda-developers(dot)com/forumdisplay(dot)php?f=665 to search how to root on 2.2 and/or install custom roms.

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #104 of 257
months ago i found a site that compared the audio of this audio chipset to the sansa clip+ or some other high end DAP. This site had a black/dark background. Do you by any chance know what site it is?

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #105 of 257

Quote:
Sorry on a stock phone it does need to be rooted.  You can head over to forum(dot)xda-developers(dot)com/forumdisplay(dot)php?f=665 to search how to root on 2.2 and/or install custom roms.

Hm, I always found that a bit scary. The problem with custom roms is that there's so many outdated docs, stickies and whatnot everywhere. You think you found a solution, only to read in some other article, that the combination you'd have tried is out of date and will brick your phone etc. That's why a really direct pointer from people, who have done it, is helpful. I don't trust all that varied info anymore, hard to filter out the most actual combinations that work. I'm usually someone who just tries things out, been with linux since version 0.99, but with so many warnings about bricking everywhere, I hesitate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back