Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality
May 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 257
thank you for trying that out. Unfortunately, from what I read, the GP and SGS will have virtually the same hardware. Maybe that will change.  I was expecting it to be much better than the M6.
frown.gif

May 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #17 of 257
keep in mind I haven't installed voodoo, which may make that little difference, and what's the SQ difference between the m3 and the m6, is the m6 sw slightly better sq than the m3 anyway?
Also, the sgs is a great little gadget with many other uses. In particular it's customizability.

May 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #19 of 257
Anyone knows whether the same tweaks for the SGS will apply to the Galaxy Ace?

May 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 257
WOW It's literally 10 times better and louder (about twice, 1.5x the m6's loudest) and more powerful, don't even need my fiio e5, the bass (3x bassier than m6, when turned up) is literally shaking my drivers just as my desktops Creative Audigy 4 does! My jaw literally dropped at the improvement! Beats the M6 SQ by more than double.

I used GTO Gingerbread Kernel Beta 2 v2.1: http://forum.damiangto.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=134

and rooted my xwjvb build using the files from here: http://androidadvices.com/how-to-root-galaxy-s-on-android-2-3-3-xwjvb-firmware/

voodoo is free to download from market

May 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #22 of 257
i got the voodoo control plus on my sgs. it drastically improved the sound compared to stock. dont know what supercurio did but man is it amazing. sounds almost on par with my cowon x7. overall dynamic range is excellent. lovin it

May 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #24 of 257

Quote:
you should put voodoo on there as well to see if it improves it even more.

voodoo is only for the android devices; samsung galaxy S and tab

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #26 of 257

Quote:
Any headfiers have the samsung galaxy s or one of its many variants?
Just wondering what you guys use to make the sound quality better. 
IE: apps? EQ?

many thanks to those who chime in :)

i have been playing and following project voodoo since it began and they are now at version 5.5.3. It is essentially a kernel that applies a lagfix specifically for the samsung galaxy s. apply that with darky's rom you have yourself one of if not the best built in headphone amplifier! The application is configurable. I use the stock samsung music player which has an equaliser and listening modes. It is sensational.. why? ** voodoo uses the wolfson WM8994 headphone amplifier code stack. contact me if you need more info! enjoy!

Jun 5, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #27 of 257
I'm very glad of sgs's sound quality, I bought the hippo vb earphones for bass and I didnt really feel satisfied when I used it with my sony x1000 (the sound quality overall is awesome though), but with sgs and poweramp with the tone setting on it really feels like I have a pair of awesome quality subwoofers attached to my head! :D

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #28 of 257
I've been using the voodoo sounds for a several months already. It is absolutely amazing just after a new kernal. Plus POWERAMP

But honesty, how does it compare to what other people use ? (those sansa+ rockbox/ipod touch LOD/Cowan j3?)

and does it make it much difference if I plug an external amp on it?

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #30 of 257
Depends on what amp and phones you're using...

With my e5, after installing voodoo kernel, it added more hissing noise from the amp than before. But if I crank the bass up and lower the pre-amp in PowerAMP, the e5 does help to increase the max volume. This is with my ATH-M50, and the more portable/easier to drive phones will show less of a difference amped/un-amped.

Generally speaking though after you've voodoo'd your phone, you don't need an amp, unless you crave head crushing bass at LOUD volumes.. or if you're using higher impedance headphones, but whatever you do just please be careful with your eardrums... 
dt880smile.png

Quote:
I've been using the voodoo sounds for a several months already. It is absolutely amazing just after a new kernal. Plus POWERAMP

But honesty, how does it compare to what other people use ? (those sansa+ rockbox/ipod touch LOD/Cowan j3?)

and does it make it much difference if I plug an external amp on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back