Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality
May 28, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #151 of 257
Good News Guys 
atsmile.gif

https://twitter.com/supercurio/status/206566767068327936

May 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #154 of 257
So parametric eq will be incorporated into the voodoo sound I guess it means. Not sure of the benefits of this. I already have parametric eq in neutron app. I vaguely recall the wolfson chip WM8994 has ability for this, would you call it hardware eq???

May 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #155 of 257
May 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #156 of 257
Well, what the bass boost does in the voodoo app  is what I guess supercurio is trying to achieve now for the entire range and not just the lows. I'm not sure how supercurio is going to implement the parametric eq but he might just do it like the bass boost and add options to choose in the app and not just a simple equalizer.

May 30, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #157 of 257
I just joined to comment on the ICS rom issue for Vibrant at least. I would recommend ICZen found here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21742-romimm76i-iczen-rc18-the-hammer-of-buddha-5-26-12-deficient-development/ . It is very stable, has excellent battery life (relative to what you can get out of the phone), runs fast and smooth, great support from makers, and of course voodoo. They also have add-ons in the second or third post which includes a vibrant friendly beats audio zip. With voodoo + beats audio, my music is sounding amazing. 

I'm way excited about what supercurio might offer with his next improvement... we'll see what comes of it.

May 30, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #158 of 257
Quote:
I just joined to comment on the ICS rom issue for Vibrant at least. I would recommend ICZen found here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21742-romimm76i-iczen-rc18-the-hammer-of-buddha-5-26-12-deficient-development/ . It is very stable, has excellent battery life (relative to what you can get out of the phone), runs fast and smooth, great support from makers, and of course voodoo. They also have add-ons in the second or third post which includes a vibrant friendly beats audio zip. With voodoo + beats audio, my music is sounding amazing. 

I'm way excited about what supercurio might offer with his next improvement... we'll see what comes of it.

I suggest using Neutron player to get the sound you like and ditch Beats.  Perhaps Beats is close to what you like, but superior results can be had with Neutron and Voodoo.

May 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #162 of 257
Quote:
I suggest using Neutron player to get the sound you like and ditch Beats.  Perhaps Beats is close to what you like, but superior results can be had with Neutron and Voodoo.

To be clear, The beats audio I'm using is a .zip file that is flashed in recovery. It seems to slightly increase the bass. For a player, I tried using Neutron, but I think my external sdcard is going out. The player couldn't seem to get through the initial search for music on my external. After a few failed attempts, I abandoned Neutron =( I'll try it again this weekend. As a player, I typically use Meridian, which is just a standard player.

Edit: Got Neutron player to work and let me just say this. For all of the audio features it has, it has got the most horrendous UI I have seen in any music app. It is downright hostile. As much as I would like to use it, it isn't quite worth the frustration to me.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #163 of 257
Quote:
To be clear, The beats audio I'm using is a .zip file that is flashed in recovery. It seems to slightly increase the bass. For a player, I tried using Neutron, but I think my external sdcard is going out. The player couldn't seem to get through the initial search for music on my external. After a few failed attempts, I abandoned Neutron =( I'll try it again this weekend. As a player, I typically use Meridian, which is just a standard player.

Edit: Got Neutron player to work and let me just say this. For all of the audio features it has, it has got the most horrendous UI I have seen in any music app. It is downright hostile. As much as I would like to use it, it isn't quite worth the frustration to me.

Try PowerAmp.  I really like its UI and features.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #164 of 257
Quote:
Quote:

Try PowerAmp.  I really like its UI and features.

+1 for poweramp.  the ONLY app I've paid for on the android market.  Well worth it

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #165 of 257
Make sure the sound is as good with poweramp compared to Nuetron. I personally find Neutron easy to use once your used to it. Tho I did have problems with the music search function. If you know how to use a parametric eq neutron is well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back