Samsung Galaxy S 4
Jul 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #152 of 233
Quote:
crackling issue has been solved by the software update.

People have said that, but no one has mentioned the specific number of the firmware version that solved the issue.  Perhaps you're the HF member who will be kind enough to offer that elusive sliver o' info.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #154 of 233
I have a i9505 version with 4.2.2 installed and it seems to be devoid of any crackling and I've been pretty impressed with the sound quality using CIEM and the headphone out (really cant be bothered with a headphone amp when I'm on the move). That any use to you Scrypt?

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #155 of 233
I have the Verizon Wireless version with the latest 4.2.2 update. Sound quality is spectacular when using my Vsonic GR01. I use my E17 with an OTG cable only when I use my T50rp. When using the GR01 I use them plugged right into the headphone jack and get plenty of volume at the 4-7th spot on the volume dial, and the SQ is great. No noise, sounds clean and clear. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #156 of 233
Quote:
People have said that, but no one has mentioned the specific number of the firmware version that solved the issue.  Perhaps you're the HF member who will be kind enough to offer that elusive sliver o' info.

It depends on the carrier.'

For AT&T it's update I337UCUAMF3.

For verizon it's VRUAME7

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #159 of 233
I've sold my HTC one because I thought the sound wasn't neutral. It had like some bass bloat even when beats was turned off. I'm thinking of getting the S4 with the Wolfson DAC. How does it compare with the S3? I could get a note 2 but it's way tto huge for my liking. Has supercurio released voodoo for the S4?

Besides, I also read the there was some problem with upsampling of 44.1 khz to 48 khz. Does it affect the S4 only?

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #161 of 233
  I've sold my HTC one because I thought the sound wasn't neutral. It had like some bass bloat even when beats was turned off. I'm thinking of getting the S4 with the Wolfson DAC. How does it compare with the S3? I could get a note 2 but it's way tto huge for my liking. Has supercurio released voodoo for the S4?

Besides, I also read the there was some problem with upsampling of 44.1 khz to 48 khz. Does it affect the S4 only?

Do not get the Wolfson DAC'd Octa version of the S4. SQ is really nothing to write home about, the implementation just isn't there and there is no Voodoo Sound to remedy it (and yes, the 48khz thing is a thing, but only for the Octa version of the S4). It also has a lot of issues not present in the Snapdragon version (I've had both and presently, sadly, stuck with the Octa version).

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #162 of 233

Do not get the Wolfson DAC'd Octa version of the S4. SQ is really nothing to write home about, the implementation just isn't there and there is no Voodoo Sound to remedy it (and yes, the 48khz thing is a thing, but only for the Octa version of the S4). It also has a lot of issues not present in the Snapdragon version (I've had both and presently, sadly, stuck with the Octa version).

aww crap, won't buy the i9500 octa s4 then. Btw the 48khz is not a problem with the i9300 galaxy s3? By the way you said you had both the Snapdragon and Exynos version, so even though all the problems with the octa one, why you still stuck with it rather than selling it and stay with the snapdragon s4?

I guess I should buy either an iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3 though? How would the wolfson of the s4 compare with the S3 or even the iphone 5 for that mattter?

Thanks for your excellent reply mate :)

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #163 of 233
With all the audio issues with the S4 looks like I wont be able to use my Gorilla Ears AT5's (25 ohms) and possibly other IEM"s that I have (Heir Audio 3.Ai and Aurisonics ASG2).

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #165 of 233
If i was in the market for a phone today, I'd check out the upcoming Xperia Z1....

I read a comparison of the Xperia, SG4, and HTC1. the SG4 and HTC1 beat it out on everything except for camera quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back