Samsung Galaxy S 4
Apr 22, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #226 of 233

This chart...well this chart shows that an iPhone (from 3Gs on) literally trumps the Galaxy constellation when driving low impedance earphones. And it trumps it badly unless loads are from 32 ohms on.

For 16 ohms stuff it's not even close.

Check iPhone RMAAs from goldenears driving a 16 ohm load.

Yeah, but for one goldenears and this guy has different equipment, so it's better if both devices are measure on the same equipment.  Second, iphone 5 has much higher output impedance than the S4 and that makes a difference for multi BA headphones.  Third, these values are not even close to audible range, and both are flat.  I'd be more concerned with output impedance if you have low impedance multi BA iems.  Hopefully, you don't think iphones are audibly better based on SS device measurements.  
wink.gif

Actually i looked for numbers to explain the stunning clarity of iPhones i tried against the hint of fuzziness and congestion the S4 left my with.

And used ba iems (UM3x, SE530, Westone 3).

idevices handling low impedances are good beyond belief. To my ears at least.

Immature: A word that boring people use to describe fun people

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #231 of 233
What sound quality does the S4 play? As in bit/kHz?

Also can I use higher resolution audio files if I got with a DAC like the Fiio E17? I own the E17 but just recently upgraded to a Galaxy S4 AT&T variant. Thanks guys!

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #232 of 233
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p7.php

S4 better sound quality than HTC M8? It seems so just by looking at the numbers

But the written review said M8 is better. Why's that?

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #233 of 233
Corrected Post:
S4 I9500 re-samples every other frequency to 48KHz, leaves some artifacts in playing 44.1. However I have checked S5 (G901Y ) , Alpha (G850Y), A3 (A300H) with USB Audio Player Pro Trial routing audio through android it says DAC as 44.1 KHz, But When A3 (A300H) , Moto G1, Lenovo 369i are checked with Neutron , the Result for DAC are 48 , 44.1, 44.1 respectively. So Neutron Music Player is only capable to identify Audio Hardware. So Samsung products later than Galaxy S3 appers to be supporting 48KHz natively & resamples all other frequencies to 48 KHz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back