Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #316 of 726
Note 3 based on snapdragon should be same as G2 since they have same DAC and only 2 smartphones capable of 24\192 as for Xperia heard that they have not really good sound wia headphones

Ok, that's good to learn! At least if hardware is similar, there might be ways to import features from the Note to the G2 to make them sound alike. Thank you :)

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #318 of 726
Then I need to test unamped and amped the two phones... If I recall there are some Note available to demo in my city. But I don't think I'll find any G2 to demo.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #319 of 726
The Exynos Note3 is unable to play HD music when connected to the Apex glacier(only 16/44.1 plays flawlessly).
The Snapdragon Note3 is able to play HD music with the Apex Glacier flawlessly.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #320 of 726
Please don't quote Hydrogen on this forum.  It is the website for people who hate high fidelity music systems. It is for scientists. The Note 3 I had sounded really, really bad.  I returned it for the G2 which sounds much better.  I don't know why. I really don't care. I have decades of being involved with the high fidelity reproduction of music in the home.  If it sounds good to you that is all you need to know.

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #321 of 726
Please don't quote Hydrogen on this forum.  It is the website for people who hate high fidelity music systems. It is for scientists. The Note 3 I had sounded really, really bad.  I returned it for the G2 which sounds much better.  I don't know why. I really don't care. I have decades of being involved with the high fidelity reproduction of music in the home.  If it sounds good to you that is all you need to know.

1) On Hydro - no comment
2) Note 3 - which version?? "Sounded bad" how? Headphones out or line out? What headphones/system then? What player on the Note 3?

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #322 of 726
1) On Hydro - no comment
2) Note 3 - which version?? "Sounded bad" how? Headphones out or line out? What headphones/system then? What player on the Note 3?

His note 3 perhaps sounds bad mine sounds very good :laughing::kissing_closed_eyes:
Maybe the cause of many mixed opinion is a not quality controlled production line.
Also I'm speaking as hold audiophile listener ...
Anyhow this is very confusing tread and this is my last post in note 3 tread...

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #323 of 726
I got my OTG (Note 3 specific connector) cable today. I plugged in my HiFimeDIY DAC and immediately hit play on Poweramp and it played immediately (no configuration necessary). My Headstage DAC cable played as well. Unforunately my Dragonfly did not play correctly. I guess it needs more power than is available from the Note 3.

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #327 of 726
  any other opinion for comparing Exynos and Snapdragon version?

I did some extensive testing for 3 days between both using my JH16, and I concluded , both have their weaknesses and strong points in SQ, but all I can say is that I kept the snapdragon version because it was able to run with almost all my dacs , where as the exynos was not.

This is my choice, and I am not saying the snapdragon is better in SQ.

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #328 of 726
turokrocks,
What Beyerdynamic version is in the pictures?

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #329 of 726

I did some extensive testing for 3 days between both using my JH16, and I concluded , both have their weaknesses and strong points in SQ, but all I can say is that I kept the snapdragon version because it was able to run with almost all my dacs , where as the exynos was not.

This is my choice, and I am not saying the snapdragon is better in SQ.

Still rocking the Glacier I see. I presume then that yours is working with your Note 3? Seems mine is the only one that isn't, but then I think mine is faulty, as the Glacier is unresponsive at every startup and requires a reset to start to work at all (and even then not with the Note 3). Awaiting email about where to send it for warranty fix, really hope it works after that - it is just such a nice form factor to pair with a phone like the Note! Are you using dual-locking tape to affix it to your phone there?

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #330 of 726

Still rocking the Glacier I see. I presume then that yours is working with your Note 3? Seems mine is the only one that isn't, but then I think mine is faulty, as the Glacier is unresponsive at every startup and requires a reset to start to work at all (and even then not with the Note 3). Awaiting email about where to send it for warranty fix, really hope it works after that - it is just such a nice form factor to pair with a phone like the Note! Are you using dual-locking tape to affix it to your phone there?

Hello my favorite Android user.
Yes it worked with both the Snapdragon and exynos flawlessly, but only the snapdragon was able to play HD with it.
The form factor, color and sound with the note 3 are phenomenal.
Sorry about yours but Todd is a wonderful gentleman and he will give you the address of Pete(I think) for your to send it for repair.
I am using this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-SJ4570-LOW-PROFILE-ADHESIVE-DUAL-LOCK-VELCRO-CLEAR-/250856312855?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&var=&hash=item3a68339017
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-3M-SJ4570-Low-Profile-Dual-Lock-25mm-X-1m-/181240405062?pt=UK_BOI_Retail_Shop_Fitting_POS_Equipment_ET&hash=item2a32c51c46
its almost invisible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back