Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Nov 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #241 of 726
I've successfully hooked my hrt microstreamer and fiio e10 to my Verizon sm-n900v note 3 with zero issue. Works in Google play music as well as stock player. Even plays clicks/system sounds thru to the external dacs.
One odd thing tho is that my microstreamer shows 48khz when playing my 44.1 mp3s and FLACs. Thoughts?

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #242 of 726
  At first I thought my iphone had better audio quality but the more I listen to my note 3, the note 3's audio output seems to be way better.

Guys, I have a question for you. I am new to android, have been using iphone all this time. How do you guys normally manage playlists on your android phones? It was so much simpler with the iphone, right now I have no idea and I'm stuck managing on the phone and it's proven to be pretty difficult. I want to be able to manage my playlists on my pc, I know about doubletwist but that doesn't really work for me because with my iphone I manually added my songs so I don't have a location where all my music is together. I manually add songs to my winamp  playlist on the computer too. I'm currently using poweramp on my note 3, I tried to export my current playlist on my note 3 and edit it as a text file and then changed it back to m3u8 and then import back to poweramp but that didn't work out. Any tips guys? Sorry if I should post this somewhere else but I didn't know where to post this question and didn't want to make a new thread.

I just create them manually in PowerAmp. Pain in the ass when factory resetting and stuff like that but PowerAmp doesn't seem to like importing playlists from a  .m3u8 file.

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #243 of 726
Unashamedly OT, however for those people in the UK with the Note 3, wanting to get the Galaxy Gear, it is currently at select 'Three' stores (Bedford is where I've just picked mine up from) - and, this weekend - has 20% off...

Extortionate compared to some areas, but - £240 is still a better price than £300 :wink:

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #244 of 726
Another thumbs up for the Galaxy gear watch and have 2 here. Love 'em! Stock programs are fine, though you don't need to root, just use Wondershare MobileGo and sideload whatever you want (watch in USB Debug mode).  :)

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #245 of 726

I just create them manually in PowerAmp. Pain in the ass when factory resetting and stuff like that but PowerAmp doesn't seem to like importing playlists from a  .m3u8 file.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it really is a pain. When I try to move a song up the playlist, there's always this stutter or something making it even more frustrating. :frowning2:

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #246 of 726
good info,It lasts much longer than my note 1 before. Hopefull the note 3 will be even better!thank you
hDIQWz

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #247 of 726
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/31/kitkat-feature-spotlight-audio-tunneling-to-dsp-dramatically-reduces-battery-consumption-when-playing-audio/

I wonder if our devices are going to be affected by this update and how it will be affecting SQ, if at all. I believe this DSP is integrated into the S800 chipset.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #249 of 726
  Anyone know of an alternative player besides the stock Samsung music player that supports proper 24-bit 192KHz audio? and doesn't down sample it down to 44.1/44.8?

Not sure about the downsampling; I would check out the forums for Neutron and Poweramp. I've not heard this year's Samsung app, but if it is anything like past years I'd venture to guess that any gain from 192 would be lost by the mediocre app. This seemed the case with the LG G2 I had too.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #250 of 726
Boy you guys ( and gals) are not going to like this, but I think my particular Note 3 sounds like dog excrement.  There, I said it.  I have had it 24 hours.  It sounds worse than the HTC EVO 4G that I had to trade in on the Sprint One Up program. Seriously. I plan on returning it for something else. I tried native player, Nuetron, Poweramp and I think the adapt sound did the best job.  I listen to KCRW and however they do it, their net signal sounds very good.  But on the Note it sounds dull, indistinct and lifeless.  Same with Saavn.  Pandora always sounds pretty fair, but not as good as KCRW. I can't live like this. 
I listened with my HIFI REO (Kylin) and Arvana Live. I also use it in my car with a Kenwood 24 bit deck and Focal speakers.  But the point is that these are the same things I used with EVO. Every time I plug in the Note 3 I just get bummed out.
I am 62 years.  I listen at home to Magnapan 3.7 with Wyred4sound DAC and mono amps. This is my opinion. I will take advantage of the 14 day return policy and check out the One Max. 

All above IMHO and YMMV.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #251 of 726
hAllo^
i wAnna buy nOte 3 ..plz sOmeone comparE exynos and snApdragon version fOr SQ (heAdphone output).
i did reAd the topic but  i'm not cleAr completely.
which is bEtter?
pleAse answer me fAst as u can, i wAnna buy this phonE in this week.

"bEst regArds"

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #252 of 726
  hAllo^
i wAnna buy nOte 3 ..plz sOmeone comparE exynos and snApdragon version fOr SQ (heAdphone output).
i did reAd the topic but  i'm not cleAr completely.
which is bEtter?
pleAse answer me fAst as u can, i wAnna buy this phonE in this week.

"bEst regArds"

Snapdragon. Also you don't need to abuse the ShIfT kEy. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #253 of 726

Snapdragon. Also you don't need to abuse the ShIfT kEy. 

r u surE? because a friEnd told mE exynos is bEtter!
exynos has yAmaha and snAp has wolfson or whAt?!
and how cOmpare tO ipad 4 or ipad air??
only 3 wOrd's on my keybOard are cAp, sO my shift is fine :wink:

tx fOr replay Xx

ps: i hAve "akg k370"

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #254 of 726
Qualcomm SOC includes Qualcomm DAC. I don't know about the new Exynos ones that have Yamaha instead of Wolfson. There were a lot of bad reports from the last Samsung phone with Yamaha -- GS2. Mine was not great, though the worst of it was due to electronic noise/design errors not the DAC. The Yamaha DAC got a lot of flac because it was not hackable to the extent that the original Wolfson Galaxy was. 

I would love to see a reliable review comparison of a lot of these new ones.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #255 of 726
The Note 3 has a bit more clarity than the Galaxy S4 (to me)..Using the SE846, the Note 3 also yields a larger soundstage (for me), YMMV.

I can't tell the difference between the S4 and my old T'Mo Galaxy S2 (using Poweramp, they sound the same). Both S4 and S2 have a little artifact issue as low level songs taper off at the end of the track. All my Android devices seem to have a little event static (an event would be the changing of tracks or scrolling). Even the Note 3 has the same issues (albeit less noticeable).

Edit to add: I should have mentioned that the artifact is only with some IEMs (like Shure). I don't recall it being an issue with the SM64 (when I had it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back