Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Oct 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #211 of 726
I might be wrong but I get the feeling that the stock player actually play 24 96khz and 192khz
Listening to music at high definition with the stock player and the neutron player I like more the samsung stock player it seems to have more sub level detail.
It seems curious that noxozoide don't work with the stock player I think it acts at low hardware level.

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #212 of 726
I might be wrong but I get the feeling that the stock player actually play 24 96khz and 192khz
Listening to music at high definition with the stock player and the neutron player I like more the samsung stock player it seems to have more sub level detail.
It seems curious that noxozoide don't work with the stock player I think it acts at low hardware level.

I am agree with you
Yes note 3 stock player can play file 24 / 96 kHz
I don't have 24 / 192 kHz file yet

I just bought jet audio plus is very player too

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #214 of 726
Aside from the mastering I don't get whats the point in feeding the Note 3 with 24 bit files.

That handset must have as best a THD of 0.02 (-74 db/ 12,3 bits). Hence from the 13nd bit on THD masks all the subtleties that the LSB could provide. And that's not taking into account the mechanical limits of the transducers.

Frankly i could do with just 16 bit support and iPhone 4S like output power,

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #215 of 726
@elfary maybe you are rigth for sure ..... but my ears prefer the note 3 headphone output than my ipod 4 gen or my wife iphone 4.
Try yourself ...
I'm curious about the result in couple with my odac but at moment I am without amp.

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #216 of 726
@elfary maybe you are rigth for sure ..... but my ears prefer the note 3 headphone output than my ipod 4 gen or my wife iphone 4.
Try yourself ...
I'm curious about the result in couple with my odac but at moment I am without amp.

Some 2013 Android flagships sound very good to these ears. My only complaint is the output power which is lacking quite a bit (four clicks) in comparison to my iPhone 4S which has a beast of amplifier both in terms of quality and power.

And that (lack) of power poses a problem with certain headphones and low intrinsic volume albums.

BTW S4 Active is my favorite sounding 2013 android (better than note 3 imho).

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #217 of 726
Well, it is great that iphone and Note 3 are even comparable in terms of SQ if you ask me. I think Samsung does not mean Note 3 to compete with iphone - they are worlds apart. It should be S4's job.
But, personally, I would prefer Note 3 to have the best SQ there can be on a phone. It would make a perfect all-rounder then.

Oct 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #218 of 726
@tin2003
to me that use a sennheiser mx 980 the note 3 is more enjoable than iphone 4 and not a bit.
Perhaps with other more demanding headphone the result change.... in any case, usually, I don t use a phone with my hd 800.
Ciao

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #219 of 726
  Had this baby for about a week, and I have to jump on the bandwagon and say the DAC on this thing slaughters the note2. Add the adapt sound (this sounds  like using an entire different DAC btw), and I doubt there is another phone that can touch the sound coming out of here.

I'm simply blown away by the audio quality of this thing. Better than any phone I've heard before. Even the stock player sounds fantastic. I'm especially happy that that I can boost bass frequencies and use the equalizer without turning the sound into mush. And the Adapt Sound is pure genious! This feature should be available on every audio player out there! Now I can ditch my Cowon J3 and use the Note 3 on the go (except perhaps when I want to listen to music while running...)

Of course, one tends to get greedy... It would be nice to have several presets for the Adapt Sound - for different headphones. And it would be intersting to get to see the data from the test. But even like this, wow. A hearing test integrated to your sound player, so simple yet so brilliant.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #222 of 726
I'm still really enjoying the note. Yes, better overall sound quality via the E17 and E12, bit as a one box solution, I think the note had it sown up! :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #223 of 726

The Note 3 plus SE846 is pretty good. It has good clarity and a spacious soundstage. Plus, the Note 3 is so “polite” (as in, not powerful in the amp section) that I can turn the volume up (half way, or a little more) for height. I had to use Poweramp (EQ and Tone) for a (my kinda music) “balanced” sound. Again, pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back