SAmsung galaxy note 2
Feb 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #286 of 471
The sound is good, but nothing like my stx dac into my c&c bh or bravo. So I want the extra specially with my upcoming mad dog as they will require more juice than my current work headphone.

I'll just double amp until fiio is out with e18.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #290 of 471
Fyi,

You don't need an OTG cable to use with let's say a FiiO E7.  I bought a mini to micro male usb cable and it works. I remember someone posting that OTG cable is required.  I ordered a non-OTG cable and no problems.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #291 of 471
Quote:
Fyi,

You don't need an OTG cable to use with let's say a FiiO E7.  I bought a mini to micro male usb cable and it works. I remember someone posting that OTG cable is required.  I ordered a non-OTG cable and no problems.

Is there any notification that appears when you connect it?

If yours is working then you have been supplied an OTG cable...

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #292 of 471
Fyi,

USB OTG cables are just what suppliers are calling cables that let you connect to your device. USB OTG actually refers to the fact that your phone is compatible for digital audio output, hooking up external drives, etc.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #293 of 471
Quote:
USB OTG cables are just what suppliers are calling cables that let you connect to your device. USB OTG actually refers to the fact that your phone is compatible for digital audio output, hooking up external drives, etc.

Yes, but an OTG cable is required for nearly all USB DACs (apart from the Go-DAP, which is made slightly differently - an exception as it were). A straight adapter cable is not wired the same as an OTG cable, and will not allow USB audio (or any other device connection for that matter).

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #294 of 471
Yes, but an OTG cable is required for nearly all USB DACs (apart from the Go-DAP, which is made slightly differently - an exception as it were). A straight adapter cable is not wired the same as an OTG cable, and will not allow USB audio (or any other device connection for that matter).

Good to know.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #295 of 471
Quote:

Is there any notification that appears when you connect it?

If yours is working then you have been supplied an OTG cable...

With an OTG cable I bought, I get USB device connected without anything plugged into it.  I plug in the E7 and I see a brief lock on the screen.

With the other cable I bought, I do not get any USB device connected notice until I plug the E7 into it.  So they are different cables.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #296 of 471
I got my Fiio E07K connected with my Note II. You can see the post with the information right here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638910/fiio-e07k-andes-review-and-help-thread/555#post_9214017

I describe the whole process because I just wanted to have found something like that before...

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #297 of 471
Quote:
I got my Fiio E07K connected with my Note II. You can see the post with the information right here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638910/fiio-e07k-andes-review-and-help-thread/555#post_9214017

I describe the whole process because I just wanted to have found something like that before...

You manually sand the chamfer... I am not comfortable doing that

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #298 of 471
Why exactly? It is a matter of proper tools, and the cable is 15 bucks... Anyway, you can use the cable you want, I was just stating it WORKS. Doesn´t matter if it is with that cable or another one.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #300 of 471
This is a rather broad question and hopefully someone can enlighten me. I replaced my original DROID x with the note 2 and installed a 64gb external sd card and poweramp. From what I understand from this thread is that the note supports digital audio out. That being the case what would be the best "bang for the buck" solution for portable use at a $200 price point? Is a dac/amp best or just spend more on an amp or is there a better solution and how are they best used? Equipment suggestions would be appreciated as I'm low on the learning curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back