Samsung galaxy nexus
Jul 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #197 of 249
So according to this link the FiiO E7 works as a USB DAC on the Galaxy SIII.  No USB DAC works on the Gnex though?

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #198 of 249
i have been using alsamixer to reduce the "headset"  volume and get a voodoo sound like experience with my galaxy nexus. only problem is the setting gets forgotten next time the sound stream stops... so very dangerous for the ear drums. would be great if we could get a mod done for this. currently using yamaha eph-100 iems. headset volume set to 4 instead of the default of 12 reduces a lot of the background noise.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #202 of 249
The GlaDOS kernel claims to have intergrated usb audio a few updates ago.

GLaDOS-V1.29
  1. Added support to Custom Voltage for changing the regulator voltages.
  2. Fixed bug in Touchwake.
  3. Added back HID drivers included in the stock kernel needed for some BT devices.
  4. Added support for USB Audio (as modules) for connecting external DACs.
  5. Changed kernel config options for compatibility with Display Expert.

If anyone out there has a DAC and a Gnex running 4.1.1 (stock or custom), can you flash this kernel and see if all of our dreams have come true?

I would try it, but the only reason I've been holding out on buying a DAC...is getting them to work on the Gnex lol.

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #205 of 249
I've installed Glados kernel on my stock 4.1.1 and still no usb audio. I've send a mail to the dev asking him to work on this.

Bad news for thoses like me who bought an e17  for android : the e18 will be show in HK in a month and this will be an Android Cellphone DAC headphone amplifier.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=233

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #206 of 249
A member of Fiio compagny post this on another thread :

Quote:
some updated news about Android decoder.

1, the Android 4.41 will supports record features which means we may add the talk function into our E18, so you don't need to unplug the headphone and plug to the phone again just for talking. 

2, we will add some remote control function in the DAC, like the play/stop, preview, next keys.

3, The Android phone can't be charged in USB audio mode. means we are considering to give up the idea to charge the phone by the DAC build in battery.

Personally the charging feature in E18 is very important because the android phone's battery can not support heavy used.

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #209 of 249
Quote:
I've installed Glados kernel on my stock 4.1.1 and still no usb audio. I've send a mail to the dev asking him to work on this.

Bad news for thoses like me who bought an e17  for android : the e18 will be show in HK in a month and this will be an Android Cellphone DAC headphone amplifier.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=233

Any reply or progress yet? I'm considering to flash my Gnex, but since I don't have a DAC yet it would be nice to know of it's going to work upfront.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #210 of 249
Quote:
The GlaDOS kernel claims to have intergrated usb audio a few updates ago.

GLaDOS-V1.29
  1. Added support to Custom Voltage for changing the regulator voltages.
  2. Fixed bug in Touchwake.
  3. Added back HID drivers included in the stock kernel needed for some BT devices.
  4. Added support for USB Audio (as modules) for connecting external DACs.
  5. Changed kernel config options for compatibility with Display Expert.

If anyone out there has a DAC and a Gnex running 4.1.1 (stock or custom), can you flash this kernel and see if all of our dreams have come true?

I would try it, but the only reason I've been holding out on buying a DAC...is getting them to work on the Gnex lol.

It appears to be implemented at the kernel level, but there are still things missing at the OS level for external DACs to work with the Galaxy Nexus.  Here's what the kernel author wrote in his change log, which suggests that OS modules need to be manually loaded for sound to be routed to USB.  It's a step closer, but not quite there yet it seems to me.

Added support for USB audio as module (need to load modules snd-hwdep.ko, snd-rawmidi.ko, snd-usbmidi-lib.ko and snd-usb-audio.ko in this order with insmod; for example 'insmod /system/modules/snd-hwdep.ko')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back