Samsung galaxy nexus
Jul 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #182 of 249
Ok, the jelly bean feature list says "USB Audio support, exposed through the Android Open Accessory Development Kit"
This means its not plug and play.
The accesory needs to communicate first to enable accessory mode, and then perform enumeration.
The support for "plug and play" needs to be implemented by the accessory makers. Hence, you'll have to get android compatible accessories, as and when they're available.

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #183 of 249
Quote:
Could someone recommend a pair of < $300 ($400?) IEMs  to use with the Galaxy?

I use the phone with Etys HF-5 but given its capabilities, I consider upgrading. Etys are wonderful yet a bit thin.

Westone 3 or Westone 4

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #184 of 249
Quote:
Ok, the jelly bean feature list says "USB Audio support, exposed through the Android Open Accessory Development Kit"
This means its not plug and play.
The accesory needs to communicate first to enable accessory mode, and then perform enumeration.
The support for "plug and play" needs to be implemented by the accessory makers. Hence, you'll have to get android compatible accessories, as and when they're available.

so there is no point in me buying a used e7 then for use with my galaxy nexus? it simply will never work?

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #185 of 249
Quote:
so there is no point in me buying a used e7 then for use with my galaxy nexus? it simply will never work?

I can't say it'll 'never' work, but yes, I'd not recommend buying it unless its usable. Maybe it'll have to be modified.

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #186 of 249
i have been offered an E7 secondhand reasonably cheap... i might by it and hope that it will work at some point in the future with the phone... any indication of when 'official' android dacs will be available?

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #187 of 249
Not sure if it'll be able to work.
Take a look at this:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24614&sort=-stars&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars

Towards the end there's a discussion of the jelly bean audio implementation. It seems the phone will act as the device, with the accessory being the host.
PCs work in reverse order.
So this does not seem to be the USB Audio Class implementation, but an accessory USB interface. Only accessories like docks etc. will be able to work I guess.
Quote:
i have been offered an E7 secondhand reasonably cheap... i might by it and hope that it will work at some point in the future with the phone... any indication of when 'official' android dacs will be available?

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #188 of 249
is it possible to get an audio line out from the galaxy nexus, not to bypasss the dac but to simply have a direct clean line to an external amp, like the lods on ipod/iphones?

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #189 of 249
Quote:
is it possible to get an audio line out from the galaxy nexus, not to bypasss the dac but to simply have a direct clean line to an external amp, like the lods on ipod/iphones?

I don't think there is much sense in that. First, Nexus amp is an excellent one and quite powerful (if you apply Voodoo). Second, you may disable the amp completely (again, using Voodoo) -- set digital volume to 100% and analog amp volume to 0%. The two types of volume are controlled independently.

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #192 of 249
So my question stands. Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back