Sacramento Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2005 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Davnport

100+ Head-Fier
Are there enough Head-fiers in the Sacramento California area to try to get together a meet in that vicinity?

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 78
Allow me to resurrect this thread.

Anyone in the SMF area want to have an unofficial/casual headphone meetup?
It would be fun to have a show and tell session with our various gear to test things out.  Sacramento is a desert for hi-end audio gear. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 78
Count me in,

I've always been attending meets and events in either the Bay or SoCal, so a meet in Sacramento would be nice for a change even if it is a small one.

I have several unique modified custom headphones that I make (-or in the case of prototypes- will be making) for my headphone business as well as for personal use that I could bring.

It would be small if it was just us though, so it'd be great if we could invite more people. I know @aamefford is always between the Bay and Sac, so maybe we can set this to a day that he can come as well. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #6 of 78
Count me in,

I've always been attending meets and events in either the Bay or SoCal, so a meet in Sacramento would be nice for a change even if it is a small one.

I have several unique modified custom headphones that I make (-or in the case of prototypes- will be making) for my headphone business as well as for personal use that I could bring.

It would be small if it was just us though, so it'd be great if we could invite more people. I know @aamefford
 is always between the Bay and Sac, so maybe we can set this to a day that he can come as well. 

I'd love to!

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #9 of 78
I'm interested in attending. Had to miss the big meet in July because of work 
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #10 of 78
So it looks like we have 7 people interested... anyone else? Let's see if we can get a little over ten or so. I can bring the SR-009 and KGSSHV Carbon. I'm really interested in trying the Ether C and the headphone prototypes. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #14 of 78
Same boat. Basic Setup

Headphones: Senns HD 600, Beyerdynamic DT990, ATH-M40x

Amps: Magni 2, SMSL M3 (Dac/amp that can drive decently), SMSL SAPII and an Onkyo 8211 (decent receiver)

DAC: Modi 2

Phono: AT-LP120

Eventually looking to upgrade to Asgard 2. How is that Objective 2 dac/amp?

But having something to contribute is not as important as our shared interest in good sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back