SA5000 + M3 amp comments?
Mar 1, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
You guys are forgetting that the op-amps in the M-cubed won't have the same impact as op-amps in fully op-amp-based design (such as a PPA or PIMETA). The op-amps in the M-cubed simply handle voltage gains while the MOSFETs handle the current gain.

Not true. These amps are very similar architecturally, but with differing buffer choices. Look at the schematics.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb
Looks like ones from THL Audio (look under "Tuning knobs", the ones are SZ2724 and SZ3825R).

Yep that's where I got them. They are not cheap though
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
Yep that's where I got them. They are not cheap though
very_evil_smiley.gif

They look like they are worth the price.
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #19 of 20
K, that's what I was afraid of. I found knobs I like there, but they're such a pain to get in touch wiht and order from I gave up.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
You guys are forgetting that the op-amps in the M-cubed won't have the same impact as op-amps in fully op-amp-based design (such as a PPA or PIMETA). The op-amps in the M-cubed simply handle voltage gains while the MOSFETs handle the current gain.

Remember the PPA is not an all opamp Based amp it is like the M3 in configuation. an opamp driving a descrete component Buffer in the V2 version. the difference is the type of descrete output stage used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back