sa5000 frequency response graph?
Oct 24, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Afaik this guy uses an in ear microphone, so you cannot compare it with the raw HR measurements but with the corrected (normal) ones.
So it's ~15 dB on HR and ~30 on that guys graph. (-30 dB @ 2.8 kHz to -60 dB @ 7 kHz)
That's because HR smooths out all dips/peaks I guess.

But does it actually matter (to you)? You seem to really like this headphone so go ahead and buy it (too thick wallet?
biggrin.gif
), if it makes you happy.
wink.gif

I'm trying to suss out if I will like the sound first. It's actually not available locally for less than about $1500. And is unavailable for audition. (SA1000 is $800 locally). <- these are prices in USD, by the way.

Hence I am wary as previous purchases made without an audition have been mostly mediocre

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #32 of 46
The HR graph is not what I hear at all, and Matsuba's graph is closer to being accurate. I have the SA5000, K701, DT880pro, D7000, and 20+ other phones (collect, but speaker man first). The SA5000 has more impact than the AKG's and Beyers, and I can hear 20Hz fine. Though it is a little quieter in quantity than the D7000 at that octave.

To my ears, quantity is equal to or greater than DT880pro, with more impact.

Happy listening!

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempestX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SA5000 has more impact than the AKG's and Beyers, and I can hear 20Hz fine. Though it is a little quieter in quantity than the D7000 at that octave.

To my ears, quantity is equal to or greater than DT880pro, with more impact.

Happy listening!

The bass has "impact" or "quantity" always refer to upper bass or midbass.

Are you sure you really heard the "true" 20Hz?

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm guessing he did a frequency sweep.

I'd associate impact with subbass as well (althought I guess it more frequently gets called slam). Same with quantity.

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Yes.

Happy listening!

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #37 of 46
C'mon TempestX, don't be ridiculous.
tongue.gif

Like I wrote in the sa5k thread, listen to Bass Mekanik - NightBass at low volume and tell us what you really hear.
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'mon TempestX, don't be ridiculous.
tongue.gif

Like I wrote in the sa5k thread, listen to Bass Mekanik - NightBass at low volume and tell us what you really hear.
wink.gif

LOL, 20Hz is audible, was my answer, but true usefulness with usable volume listening with music is 30Hz, at listening range of 70-75dB.
beerchug.gif

Happy listening!

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #39 of 46
Just my two cents, peace , no war plz.

If your headphone can produce sub bass, the "room" between ear & headphone would have sub bass, too.

But we can't truly hear the sub-bass itself, it's more like
"nothing but existence" , will enchant or rich the content of MID BASS & upper bass.

That's the source of "dumm dumm dumm" which xnor says.

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #40 of 46
Heh I also can hear something when playing a 20 Hz sine wave through my $10 sony earbuds.. but I guess you missed the point.

MaZa already did the test for us and said/confirmed that sub-bass is much more silent, i.e. rolled-off like you can see on the graphs.
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempestX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just having a lil bit of fun while watching college football and drinking Crown.

Enjoy!
beerchug.gif

Quote:

If your headphone can produce sub bass, the "room" between ear & headphone would have sub bass, too.

Yup, shouldn't be a problem for closed headphones, should it?

Quote:

But we can't truly hear the sub-bass itself, it's more like "nothing but existence" , will enchant or rich the content of MID BASS & upper bass.

Why? You can hear/feel sub-bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back