S846 vs Triplefis?
Dec 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Depends what you are looking for and whether fit is important.  TF10 has great bass and treble but the midrange is very cloudy and it is well-regarded as the worst fitting universal IEM ever designed.

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 5
  Depends what you are looking for and whether fit is important.  TF10 has great bass and treble but the midrange is very cloudy and it is well-regarded as the worst fitting universal IEM ever designed.

i find this thread to be very in efficent, meaning, for 1,000.00 you can buy a dap,dac,amp,interconnect,cable,iem and while its hard to say how the sound would be, but if you know already you like the tf10's, its possible that you would gain more by investing in a whole rig, than just a pair of iem's

i agree. i love the lows of the tf10 and i love the highs, V shaped freq spectrum, again a rig can help increase the midrange capacity

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 5
I look for clarity above all.

I hate dull and dark sounding headphones with recessed treble.

In addition to that, I like to keep things simple = Ipod Touch 5 + Earphones.

Bottom line is that I returned the UE900 and the Sony Quad earphones since they were no match against the Triple Fi out of my Ipod Touch. The UEs were to flat and boring and the Sonys were just fine but sounded congested and with less soundstage.

PD. I did not elaborate in the post because I moved it to the SE846 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back