S:Flo2 Questions
Jul 1, 2010 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Vergex2

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the S:Flo2 today, and I have some questions. The manual wasn't too helpful.

Is it just me or does the S:Flo have serious UI problems? Is it possible to scroll down quickly? I tried setting scroll speed at 5x, but I don't think that makes a difference. Can I, say, use the volume wheel as a scroll wheel? I never use it anyway, since I only use the line out.

Is text supposed to look choppy and pixellated at points?

There are transparent iridescent lines on my screen (they look like water marks, but I can't wipe them off). - they aren't visible without close inspection. Is that normal?

When charging via USB, there is no way to use it while charging, is there?

Is there supposed to be a cloth to wipe the screen with in the packaging?

Is there any way to set the dictionary to English - English?

I have firmware 2.20. Getting Eng > Eng dictionary is the most important. Oh, and is it just me, or does the back of the S:Flo smell delectably sweet?

Thanks.

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 14
Set the text scroll speed to 1, setting it higher makes the touch flow less accurate and is prone to mis touches and annoying navigation. Setting the text scroll speed to 1 gives you a much smoother more accurate touch navigation experience.

The text on my player does not look pixelated or choppy, and I do not have any of the screen issues you mention. Mine was a batch 2 from mp4nation.

You can use the player while charging without a problem, just press the home button and the charging screen will go away.

I did not get any cloth wipe when I ordered.

The dictionary is only chinese

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 14
Like Swanlee said set the text scroll to 1 is much better. My screen has the same lines as yours. Mine also has issues powering up it will work for a couple of days and then it doesn't want to turn on it takes multiple reset attempts to bring it back.

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 14
I set the speed at 1x. It did seem to make a difference, but time will tell if it is positive or not.

By the way, pressing the home button while doing USB charging does nothing except make the screen go brighter, which dims down again.

The wallwart charger doesn't seem to work properly - I've had many issues with it and I don't really want to try using it again. It seems to not detect the amount left in the battery properly and mischarge, and when disconnecting, my S:Flo crashes.

Quote:
Like Swanlee said set the text scroll to 1 is much better. My screen has the same lines as yours. Mine also has issues powering up it will work for a couple of days and then it doesn't want to turn on it takes multiple reset attempts to bring it back.

Yeah, this is a real pain.

I sold my S9 for the S:Flo, which was basically THE complete package, extremely light, beautiful screen, 50+ hour battery life, did everything I wanted brilliantly, worked great out of the box, and was EXTREMELY reliable - in stark contrast to the S:Flo. But damn, the S:Flo's line out sounds so damn good, I don't think I can give it up. Guess I'll have to live with its shortcomings.

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 14
Mine doesn't have much differences between 1 and 4, but if you want slightly faster scrolling it's better to set it at 4. But I have small fingers, that's why I have no problem with the navigation.

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 14
As opposed to the rest of us with sausage fingers.
k701smile.gif

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 14
I have had ZERO problems w/ the wall charger.  I don't charge via USB, the thought scares me.  After a day or two the touchscreen settled down and is accurate.  Browsing is no prob once you figure out the UI, just make the appropriate folders and you are set.  A few quirks.  Using the EQ seems to reduce the gain so I just leave it flat now since the bass settled down and everything sounds about right anyway.  The volume switch seems to do nothing the last 1/4 of a turn, couldn't get anymore juice out of it.  Not a biggie since I will be going LO anyway.

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 14
^ I was surprised by how big is the capacity of the battery, It takes around 3 hours to change the Sflo2, and the wall charger outputs a 5V @ a staggering 1.5A 
eek.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 14
^ Its a big battery.  I think there's Gremlins in there sucking on electrons.  I'm just happy I have something that can power all my phones w/o an amp.  I bet you could get 20 hours runtime if they had a switch for HO/LO.  I don't know if that would constitute another splice in the signal path though.

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #10 of 14
Hello!

After nearly three months of waiting, I received yesterday my S:Flo2.

I already owned a unit of the second batch and ended up selling it after a while, since I did not liked the sound quality/sound signature.

After the sale, I returned to my wonderful Sansa Fuze and after awhile, I miss listening to something different and decided to give a second try to S:Flo2.

The big problem is that once again ... I did not liked the sound quality. My idea was to use only the output line out of this device, connected to the  iBasso P3+  Heron amplifier (L/R 2xAD797; iBasso buffers and dummy adapters in G/V, high gain) to feed my Shure SE530, Yuin PK1 and Beyer DT880 250 ohm .

Comparing only the sound quality of the two devices, connected to the iBasso amplifier, S:Flo2 takes a beating from the little Fuze. Listen to S:Flo2 is like looking at a sheet of paper while the Fuze plays the music in broad, airy and space. The level of detail, quality and quantity of bass are also higher in the Fuze.

As the strengths of S:Flo2, highlight the good treble extension and high output power, which facilitates the work of the amplifier and allows the use of high impedance headphones.

Ultimately, the Sansa Fuze has a more delicate, sophisticated and spatial sound that the S:Flo2

Finally, once again, I'll sell the S:Flo2 and return to the Fuze. I wish someday see a player with the quality and sound signature of the Fuze with an line out with high output power, as the S:Flo2.

To me, this would be THE player.

Cheers,

Peter

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Hello!

After nearly three months of waiting, I received yesterday my S:Flo2.

I already owned a unit of the second batch and ended up selling it after a while, since I did not liked the sound quality/sound signature.

After the sale, I returned to my wonderful Sansa Fuze and after awhile, I miss listening to something different and decided to give a second try to S:Flo2.

The big problem is that once again ... I did not liked the sound quality. My idea was to use only the output line out of this device, connected to the  iBasso P3+  Heron amplifier (L/R 2xAD797; iBasso buffers and dummy adapters in G/V, high gain) to feed my Shure SE530, Yuin PK1 and Beyer DT880 250 ohm .

Comparing only the sound quality of the two devices, connected to the iBasso amplifier, S:Flo2 takes a beating from the little Fuze. Listen to S:Flo2 is like looking at a sheet of paper while the Fuze plays the music in broad, airy and space. The level of detail, quality and quantity of bass are also higher in the Fuze.

As the strengths of S:Flo2, highlight the good treble extension and high output power, which facilitates the work of the amplifier and allows the use of high impedance headphones.

Ultimately, the Sansa Fuze has a more delicate, sophisticated and spatial sound that the S:Flo2

Finally, once again, I'll sell the S:Flo2 and return to the Fuze. I wish someday see a player with the quality and sound signature of the Fuze with an line out with high output power, as the S:Flo2.

To me, this would be THE player.

Cheers,

Peter

What about the Clip + ?

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 14
does nationite still actually build this amp i can't find them for sale anywhere except for a used 2 gb model on ebay that i am throwing 50 dollars at. or was it discontinued. lastly is it even worth buying$ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back