S:flo2 impressions thread
Jul 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #1,981 of 3,682
Quick question.  I'm using the LO for reference.  Anyone else find the SQ cleaner using the User EQ setting w/ all set flat to flat versus Normal setting?  The gain changes but the User setting sounds clearer to out of my amp if I try to match gains.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #1,982 of 3,682

Quote:
Quick question.  I'm using the LO for reference.  Anyone else find the SQ cleaner using the User EQ setting w/ all set flat to flat versus Normal setting?  The gain changes but the User setting sounds clearer to out of my amp if I try to match gains.

I was having conflicting thoughts about this. My amp is set to high gain as it sounds better with my high impedance phones through the LO. I also prefer the high gain mode of the sflo2 which is in use when set to PlayFx or Normal. So even though I WANT to like the User setting, purely because of the gain issue I actually like the sound of the PlayFx LEQ and Normal settings. This is probably specific to my phones though as they are a 600 ohm impedance, so every increase in power/gain makes them sound better, aka punchier bass, more transparent and larger sound stage. So my phones funnily actually sound clearer using PlayFx or Normal over User purely because of the gain difference.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #1,984 of 3,682
A little update for S:FLO2

After swapping E-q7 to UM3x with US headfier, I do notice the instrument reproduction is much better, especially drum and string
regular_smile .gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #1,985 of 3,682

Quote:
I was having conflicting thoughts about this. My amp is set to high gain as it sounds better with my high impedance phones through the LO. I also prefer the high gain mode of the sflo2 which is in use when set to PlayFx or Normal. So even though I WANT to like the User setting, purely because of the gain issue I actually like the sound of the PlayFx LEQ and Normal settings. This is probably specific to my phones though as they are a 600 ohm impedance, so every increase in power/gain makes them sound better, aka punchier bass, more transparent and larger sound stage. So my phones funnily actually sound clearer using PlayFx or Normal over User purely because of the gain difference.

Makes sense.  I don't have any 600 ohm phones.....yet.  
wink_face.gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #1,986 of 3,682

Quote:
A little update for S:FLO2

After swapping E-q7 to UM3x with US headfier, I do notice the instrument reproduction is much better, especially drum and string
regular_smile .gif

Has more body and fullness huh.  At least thats how I feel.

Jul 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,988 of 3,682
Hey there I've been playing with my Sflo2's eq and and have had it for like 3 and half weeks I love the sound It's wide and alil bit bassy and sharp treble.

Question is that I've been putting the eq like this from top to bottom 8, 8, 9, 9, 8 and all the Percussion seems to be very loud but the cymbals for some songs are hella loud but the guitars are not on the sides Id say anyway I can change this eq wise or is it just that some songs have high percussion?.

I have also tried 7,7,8,9,9 and it sounds more detailed but the treble hurts my ears cause the bass is pretty low.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #1,989 of 3,682

Quote:
Has more body and fullness huh.  At least thats how I feel.

Quote:
Oh yea the UM3Xs have amazing instrument separation and sound placement. They do have an emphasis in the lower range as well. 

Yea, UM3X definitely has warmer presentation, less clarity than e-Q7, but I prefer overall presentation of UM3X more. UM3X just does thing better when it comes to instrument

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #1,990 of 3,682
Hello everyone.  I just got my Sflo:2 last week: shipped to U.S. and then brought by a relative to Argentina.  I really like the sound of the player but am having a couple of problems:

1) When I connect to my Vista laptop by USB, the DAP is recognized but I am unable to listen to it as I can't get past the "USB connected" screen.  I have tried "safely removing" the player and turning it on, as well as turning it on and then plugging it into the computer USB, but I always end up with that screen; 

2) If I leave the player out over night without any connection, the battery drains and the player won't start the next morning: it seems to only hold a charge by remaining plugged into the computer; it recharges fine otherwise; generally, I turn it off by holding down the red button until it powers down; and

3) I generally listen to .flac files, but have some .ape as well.  Some .apes work, others just make the player pop back to the main screen.

The player is great, just wish I could iron out these creases.

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #1,991 of 3,682

Quote:
Hello everyone.  I just got my Sflo:2 last week: shipped to U.S. and then brought by a relative to Argentina.  I really like the sound of the player but am having a couple of problems:

1) When I connect to my Vista laptop by USB, the DAP is recognized but I am unable to listen to it as I can't get past the "USB connected" screen.  I have tried "safely removing" the player and turning it on, as well as turning it on and then plugging it into the computer USB, but I always end up with that screen; 

2) If I leave the player out over night without any connection, the battery drains and the player won't start the next morning: it seems to only hold a charge by remaining plugged into the computer; it recharges fine otherwise; generally, I turn it off by holding down the red button until it powers down; and

3) I generally listen to .flac files, but have some .ape as well.  Some .apes work, others just make the player pop back to the main screen.

The player is great, just which I could iron out these creases.

Did you leave the player on overnight? Leaving them on for hours did the same for me. Be sure to use the auto power off feature, or just turn it off everytime you are not using it. When you connect the player to the computer, and safely remove it, it should be able to play, but I am not sure. I only connect the player to the computer to transfer music. I 'm using Win7 64bit, just fyi.

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #1,992 of 3,682

Quote:

The player is great, just wish I could iron out these creases.

1: You can't use the player when it's connected via usb. You can use it when it's charging by usb but not when it's connected to a computer.

2: You have to turn the player off or the battery drains. You can also set auto off/sleep in the settings. 

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #1,993 of 3,682
Yeah I have mine set to turn off after 3mins of non-use and the battery is always as I left it the next day. It's just one of those things you have to make sure you check in the settings. I also tend to charge mine from the plug socket via a USB adapter and only connect it to the computer when I'm adding/removing music from the internal memory (which is rare now. Or if the software is getting an update). It seems to charge quicker and you don't have any problems listening to it at the same time.

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #1,994 of 3,682

Quote:
Hey there I've been playing with my Sflo2's eq and and have had it for like 3 and half weeks I love the sound It's wide and alil bit bassy and sharp treble.

Question is that I've been putting the eq like this from top to bottom 8, 8, 9, 9, 8 and all the Percussion seems to be very loud but the cymbals for some songs are hella loud but the guitars are not on the sides Id say anyway I can change this eq wise or is it just that some songs have high percussion?.

I have also tried 7,7,8,9,9 and it sounds more detailed but the treble hurts my ears cause the bass is pretty low.

When I eventually get my Arrow I won't be EQ'ing since it has both the bass boost and opens things up a bit, but at the moment since I'm using the HO I tinker with it. There's a few suggested settings I copied earlier in the thread by FlacVest:

Quote:

EQ Setup: USER
User EQ:
  1. 60 HZ @ 9 (12 for MORE BASS, FYI)
  2. 300 HZ @ 1
  3. 1    KHZ @ 5
  4. 3   KHZ @ 3
  5. 6   KHZ @ 6
—————————————–
One (my current fave) is a “W” wave/curve:
From bassiest frequency band to trebliest frequency band:
Band 1 = 60 Hz range @ 9
Band 2 = 300 Hz range @ 1 or 2
Band 3 = 1 kHz range @ 4 or 5
Band 4 = 3 kHz range @ -3 or -4
Band 5 =6 kHz range @ 2 or 3
: based on an s:flo2 EQ Setup by FLACvest
—————————————
Another very treble detailed “V” Curve is this:
Band 1 = 60 Hz range @ 8
Band 2 = 300 Hz range @ 4
Band 3 = 1 kHz range @ 6
Band 4 = 3 kHz range @ 10
Band 5 =6 kHz range @ 12
: based on an s:flo2 EQ Setup by FLACvest
PLEASE Enjoy
But BE SURE for PROPER line out usage your EQ Preset is set to USER not PlayFX (this option appears and is selectable, beneath the LEFT << button) on the Music Player Screen of the S:FLO2

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #1,995 of 3,682
Thanks so much I'll try these tonight while walking home I'm not using any great can though i switched to some sony in ear head pnoes the sport ones so that may be the prob but if anyone gots any oth EQs that are good post em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back