S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #1,756 of 3,682
My initial impression after an hour or so is very impressive and I'm getting some superb results with my SM3's, from all types of music.

There's also no hiss, that my X1060 produces, which is a welcome change.  Pity that the album art and flac files don't work, but a small price to pay for the excellent sound quality.

Time to sell my ALO Rx I think, as this and the Sony don't seem to benefit at all from an amp.

Jun 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #1,758 of 3,682

Quote:
My initial impression after an hour or so is very impressive and I'm getting some superb results with my SM3's, from all types of music.

There's also no hiss, that my X1060 produces, which is a welcome change.  Pity that the album art and flac files don't work, but a small price to pay for the excellent sound quality.

Time to sell my ALO Rx I think, as this and the Sony don't seem to benefit at all from an amp.

Really?  You don't prefer the LO to your amp over the HO?

Jun 26, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #1,759 of 3,682
^ Wow, yea people say there is some treble roll off with the HO but it gets cleaned up when you're using the LO....When using my ER4Ps I get great sound out of the HO when using the player and when using the LO and Rx, the IEMs sound "almost" the same, just a little better. Now when I use that P-S adapter the phones get a lot better. 

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #1,762 of 3,682
ok my battery went on the amp and ive been using the ho of my sfo2 direct to my hfi780 out on the decking ,back inside ive got the amp again with a 12v adapter.
THE HEADFONIA REVIEW IS RIGHT  cough, sorry i will lower my voice, the bass roll off is massive , lotr soundtrack tack 1 "the prophesy" ,without the amp we are talking mouse fart on the background menacing drums, with the amp although it starts low the impact and texture is vivid ,ultrasone demo cd track 7 ,black and white differance ,with the amp the sound trys to turn your ear drums inside out, with the ho its just not there ,just an anemic facimile of the original , very very very suprised by this myself
(edit or maybe its a power issue but they are quite easy to drive)

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #1,763 of 3,682

Quote:
I noticed that some of you listen to K-pop.  May I ask, does your s:flo2 display Korean characters in the file name and/or mp3 ID tag correctly?   I listen to k-pop wav file with Korean charaters as file name.  It doesn't display that (it display squares instead).  It does display Japanese file names correctly though......

My s:flo2 does not show Korean characters . :/

Quote:
Has anyone got a problem with some screetching between tracks, seems to only be present on certain albums and it differs on each. Its a decent player but its quirks are starting to grate me.

I have had screeching between tracks, they were MP3's and only on one album, however if I choose the same songs from somewhere else, (ex. from Albums instead of Artists), the screeching's non-existent.

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #1,764 of 3,682

Quote:
ok my battery went on the amp and ive been using the ho of my sfo2 direct to my hfi780 out on the decking ,back inside ive got the amp again with a 12v adapter.
THE HEADFONIA REVIEW IS RIGHT  cough, sorry i will lower my voice, the bass roll off is massive , lotr soundtrack tack 1 "the prophesy" ,without the amp we are talking mouse fart on the background menacing drums, with the amp although it starts low the impact and texture is vivid ,ultrasone demo cd track 7 ,black and white differance ,with the amp the sound trys to turn your ear drums inside out, with the ho its just not there ,just an anemic facimile of the original , very very very suprised by this myself
(edit or maybe its a power issue but they are quite easy to drive)

There is no bass roll off, freq graphs have shown this, the  bass signal is linear through the entire range, the only issue is some treble roll off using the headphone out which is minor and actually helps the unit not sound so bright. 

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #1,767 of 3,682
ok then to rephrase ,with the set up i have the bass roll off is very very apparent ,anybody else got the ultrasone demo track 7 give it a try(with good cans/iems), anyway as i said maybe more a power issue , and i suppose with the post i did it sounded like im knocking the sflo2 but i love the thing , glad to hear you guys are not having the same issue ,but with me its black and white , lo destroys ho WITH my set up ,treble wise i have no issues with either line out or ho the top end sounds prisine through both .

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #1,770 of 3,682
im comparing the lo to ho with the same flac track the same volume as near as i can and a flat eq ,as i said im pleased you chaps have no issues , but just checked again and the differance is massive with those two tracks , when i say bass i dont meen the thump thump of some crappy r&b number but the well defined texture of that low rumble in the lord of the rings track 1 ,and the very strange bass effect of that ultrasone track (each of these tracks is there to demonstrate differant aspects of sound) 
As you can do a very quick swap between amp and ho its very easy to hear the differances.
edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back