S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 23, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #1,727 of 3,682

Quote:
Ok well apparently I am the only one whose S:Flo2 didn't pass through the customs gates ..... well done :D I just don't see when I will have time and travel 120 km to pay 30-40 additional euros to see my S:flo2 ... .... great job Slovak politicians.

No, you're not alone. I had to pay customs also in your neighbour country Austria. That's because there was no invoice included with the shipping. Here they give a s.. on what value you declare, there must be an invoice attached (faked or not).

After 10 days when my status changed to "mailed out" and i still hadn't tracking info on HK web page, I opened a support ticket. Two days after that I got a response stating my player was send out and I could check tracking info. I checked and surprise surprise, it really showed up saying the item was posted at exactly this day in King Roads post office. 3 days later it arrived here with EMS. So for all you without tracking info and EMS, you should open a ticket so MP4Nation will hurry maybe bit more. For free shipping tracking could be worthless..

Player is great, UI is fine for me. All the extras were included. Also on Mac without problems.

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #1,729 of 3,682
Hi, sorry for repeating myself. but wanted to know if someone had s:flo2 paired with RSA Protector ? and if that with JH16pro?

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #1,730 of 3,682
Would be very nice if Teclast packaged the firmware updates in a T51/S:Flo binary. I don't have access to a Windows computer, so I am stuck on Firmware 2.0 and not sure when I'll be able to change. Even when I head back to Canada in a few weeks, I'll not have one with USB 2 at my disposal... what to do? 

My Meizu, Cowon and Sansa players allow me to drag a file to the player that updates the firmware. The S:Flo? No, have to use Windows and VMWare simply doesn't work for me. Even with a powered hub, I cannot keep the T51 plugged in reliably. 

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #1,731 of 3,682
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions for portable USB Batter Charger for the S:flo2?

Preferably a rechargable ones, and not too big. Any suggestions?? This maybe helpful for guys who travel long distance on a plane ride: )

Thanx in advance!

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #1,732 of 3,682
Ordered mine on 23rd of may, it was delivered this afternoon. What a long wait, Had already forgot had ever bought this player from mp4. 

It sounds harsh out of the box and didn't come with wall charger.

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #1,733 of 3,682

Quote:
No, you're not alone. I had to pay customs also in your neighbour country Austria. That's because there was no invoice included with the shipping. Here they give a s.. on what value you declare, there must be an invoice attached (faked or not).

I don't feel so bad now :D thank you :) How much did  you pay?

Jun 25, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #1,734 of 3,682
One thing I just confirmed this morning with the S:flo2: It sounds better when an external battery pack is used as the power source... when the internal battery is fully charged at the same time.

1. S:flo2 being charged/powered by wall charger -> no difference in sound quality
2. S:flo2 being charged/powered by USB cable from computer -> no difference in sound quality
3. S:flo2 begin charged by external battery pack -> no difference in sound quality
4. S:flo2 intenal battery fully charged, external battery connected and player draws power only from battery pack -> more "airness", more micro details, more clear in sound.

All the above tested through my Arrow to RE0.

It could be the additional voltage regulation in the external battery pack gives a cleaner / more stable power. The S:flo2 also runs cooler from external battery pack (when the internal battery is already fully charged)

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #1,736 of 3,682
Lol, so I need to strap my APC pack to my Sflo along w/ my Arrow.  Anything else I need to put in my backpack?  
wink_face.gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #1,737 of 3,682

Quote:
External battery? which one?
does it improve the autonomy of the s:flo2?

Mine is just a "Maxpower" brand 3.7V 3000mAH lithium battery pack, with 5V output for generic mobile phone charging. I am not sure if it is available outside Hong Kong. The capacity of the pack is not even enough for a full S:flo2 charge. I am not interested in bigger/heavier battery pack though.

I bought the pack for mobile phone charging and I just tried it on my S:flo2 seeing if it would work. People in the Chinese Teclast forums are saying the internal battery will drop to 2/3 of its capacity after a few months of use, so I think using an external battery would be a good idea to extend the life of the interna battery.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,738 of 3,682

Quote:
Lol, so I need to strap my APC pack to my Sflo along w/ my Arrow.  Anything else I need to put in my backpack?  
wink_face.gif

Good one
dt880smile.png
. I'd be interested, if adding some audio-grade capacitors after battery will improve the sound.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #1,739 of 3,682

Quote:
wink_face.gif

I once thought of strapping the battery pack to my S:flo2/Arrow... I didn't because I also need the battery pack to charge my mobile phone. It is now just the USB cable is permanentlly attached to my S:flo2
normal_smile .gif

The sound difference is subtle but noticeble. It is in the scale of a 3.5mm-3.5mm interconnect upgrade or difference between 192kps and 320kps MP3.

There are guy in the Chinese soomal website measuring the voltage supply to the T51's OPA2604. it begins at 10V rail-to-rail at full battery capacity and then goes gradually down to near 9V as the battery runs down. 9V is near the lower limit of the OPA2604 operating voltage. You will actually notice the S:flo2 sounds a bit muffled when it is at its last 25% of battery capacity.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #1,740 of 3,682

Quote:
People in the Chinese Teclast forums are saying the internal battery will drop to 2/3 of its capacity after a few months of use, so I think using an external battery would be a good idea to extend the life of the interna battery.

What the hell? So after few months after 3 hours the battery will be dead? Next time I will buy iPad, it will last longer, the UI is great and it will be lighter than S:flo2 + APC, lol.

Note: I like S:flo2 and I think the money was worth it, but if this happen, I'll be dissappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back