S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #1,606 of 3,682
i didnt know there was a red MOFI case?
basshead.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #1,607 of 3,682
I did not get any free gift when i received my package either so i sent them a ticket.

This is what they replied,
The three items were not in stock, so instead we have sent you a pair of Alpha brainwavz, however we are sending to all preorder buyers a custom leather case and fm transmitter in two weeks time. There is nothing you need to do to redeem these items, however you can visit our forums for updates on the case shipout.

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #1,609 of 3,682

Quote:

Got my Sflo2 today! Man it was really fast, it left HK on Monday, and arrived here Thursday afternoon. The headphone out is clean and very powerful from the brief listening. So far so good, no problem whatsoever. One catch though, it gets pretty warm while driving my earphones. This is going to make the battery die faster....
blink.gif

Apart from that, the video playing is not perfect either, but considering the range of files it can play, I am fine with that. Another problem is that if your cellphone is really close, you will get RF interference, and there will be that annoying popping sound.

OT @ koonhua90, Hey, just wanted to ask, which triple flange tips are you using with your sm3? Thanks:)

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #1,610 of 3,682
Woohoo just got mine today!!! This thing better be as great as so many claimed it to be, I've been waiting for like what - 3 freaking months?!

Anyway does anybody know any case for the s:flo2/Telcast T51, even those generic silicone cases? I've got the mofi but I could really use a case which allows for easy access to the screen too...

>>>back to exploring the player>>>

EDIT: I'm getting my Alo Rx today too! Hopefully this pairs well with the flo. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #1,611 of 3,682

Quote:
Well it's been a day with it and I have some impressions to share .
Opened the box, hooked it up to my Win7 machine with no problems and loaded up my collection of FLAC and 320kbps MP3's of Alternative Rock and Korean Pop, (oh yes, Korean Pop and I'm Mexican).
First I hooked the s:flo2 to my RX700's.
What can I say ? It was GREAT . I've been using the HO on my laptop for the longest time and this was over nine thousand times better . The detail, seperation, clarity, bass, treble, EVERYTHING sounded way better. Then I hooked it up to my ES7's. Oh man, I didn't know it could get better ! The ES7's are definitely a good match with this player, it sounds amazing. This was definitely worth the wait. :)
Now onto the bad, the worst thing that I could find about this player is it's scrolling on menus, especially when selecting music. It's SO annoying when you try to scroll down (pretty damn slow may I add), and then you end up selecting a song by accident. Also what's annoying is that when you press say, "Albums" sometimes you get sent to the middle of the list right away, instead of starting at the top. Other than these nuisances, I have nothing else negative to report. :)

Can't wait to get an amp ! :D I've looked around and apparently the Headstage Arrow 12HE is a good combination with it, I may get it in the near future.

In the settings menu set the text scroll speed to 1, it makes the scrolling alot smoother and less prone to error.

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #1,612 of 3,682

Quote:
Got my Sflo2 today! Man it was really fast, it left HK on Monday, and arrived here Thursday afternoon. The headphone out is clean and very powerful from the brief listening. So far so good, no problem whatsoever. One catch though, it gets pretty warm while driving my earphones. This is going to make the battery die faster....
blink.gif

Apart from that, the video playing is not perfect either, but considering the range of files it can play, I am fine with that. Another problem is that if your cellphone is really close, you will get RF interference, and there will be that annoying popping sound.

How is the synergy between the S:Flo 2 and the SM3?

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #1,614 of 3,682
FInally it arrived but how's that instead of S:flo2 I received the announcement of custom declaration of s:flo2 .. damn I will have to pay customs and the tax? ... I though the mp4nation sent the s:flo2 with "gift" custom declaration.

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #1,615 of 3,682
Where are you from? I've never heard of anyone having to pay customs, etc.

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #1,616 of 3,682

Quote:
Where are you from? I've never heard of anyone having to pay customs, etc.

The hole of the world where you pay for everything.
dt880smile.png

When I paid for s:flo2, there was tax included, now when it arrives I'll have to pay another 19 percent tax in this country and another I think 4 percent for import fee. It's nothing special here
triportsad.gif
. That's why prices in shops here are like $=€.

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #1,617 of 3,682
Wow. I'm a mod at MP4Nation, I've never heard anyone there say they had to pay before. That sucks.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #1,618 of 3,682

Quote:

OT @ koonhua90, Hey, just wanted to ask, which triple flange tips are you using with your sm3? Thanks:)

Some cheap triple flange that I got off Ebay. It's supposed to fit the Monster earphones I think. Inside there's a Shure inner tube as spacer.

Quote:

How is the synergy between the S:Flo 2 and the SM3?

From brief listening impression, it sounds great. My ipod has blurry background detail, but the Sflo2 is so much cleaner and detailed. Bass extension might be the same on the Ipod 5G, but on the Sflo2 everything is more controlled, especially at higher volumes. At lower volume, the Sflo2 beats the Ipod. The treble on Sflo2 is smooth (some people has mentioned it being rolled off on the Sflo2), while sounding a bit harsh on the Ipod. Imaging wise, the Sflo2 pulls ahead of Ipod. Note that I am still waiting for my amps to come in, till then I can't compare the lineout of Sflo2 to the lineout of the Ipod. 

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #1,619 of 3,682
Finally got tracking...

Destination - United States of America
The item is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 18-Jun-2010.

...but does that mean that it's just now being shipped? I was under the impression that it was already shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back