S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 17, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #1,591 of 3,682

Quote:
Just got my SFLO2 but seem to have a problem loading the USB drivers on Vista. When I first plugged it in it said there may have been a problem and up until now I cant seem to get Vista to recognize it as a drive?

Should I be downloading USB drivers myself? I though it would be plug and play?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark. 

I need to turn the s:flo on before plugging it into my Vista laptop, do you do that?
I managed to update the firmware on Vista but i had such a hard time finding the right files (some links were dead, some others didn't work...). Don't bother with that.

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #1,592 of 3,682
Just now I downloaded the lastest OGG Vorbis encoder and ripped some 500kps files. With my S:flo2+Arrow+RE0 setup I could not detect any difference to the FLAC files, plus having a 40% size saving!
dt880smile.png

Too bad the S:flo2 with the v2.2 firmware neither can read the OGG file media info, nor can add OGG files to the library...
mad.gif

I just posted a request for full OGG files support in the Chinese Teclast forum. Let's see if it will ever happen.
deadhorse.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #1,593 of 3,682

Quote:
It works fine on Vista, I have done several upgrade to the SFLO:2 on my vista pc, you just have to read and follow the instructions to a T

I can't agree with that.  I've followed their instructions to a T and still problems.  Furthermore after seeking assistance from MP4 all I've ever gotten is "use an XP system".  Only after the original updates would the sflow2 be recognized by vista.  Even then the drivers still had to be updated to allow firmware updates.

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #1,594 of 3,682
Looking forward to receiving my S:Flo2, currently somewhere over the blue Pacific on its way to the Seattle area.

Opinions wanted: does the S:Flo2 benefit from a burn-in period, like so many other audiophile electronics? Mine will be paired with HD595s that are well burned-in, but my newly built Mini3 amp is not.

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #1,595 of 3,682

Quote:
I can't agree with that.  I've followed their instructions to a T and still problems.  Furthermore after seeking assistance from MP4 all I've ever gotten is "use an XP system".  Only after the original updates would the sflow2 be recognized by vista.  Even then the drivers still had to be updated to allow firmware updates.

Ok you don't have to agree with that but I'm telling you I have done upgrades from 1.1 to 2.2 on a vista 32 bit PC and it worked without a problem.

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #1,597 of 3,682
Those using windows 7, are you able to properly "safely remove" the player? Mine does nothing when I click on "safely remove" from my computer. Its as if it does not register the click and hence, is forever connected.

Also, is the transfer of files suppose to be slow on the S:flo2? Mine says that it'll take about 50mins to transfer a 2gb file
blink.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #1,600 of 3,682
Funny, I haven't been unable to track my order (sent out 6/2/10) and I asked Raz about this; he told me to let him know if I didn't receive my order by the end of NEXT week and then he'd be able to check with HK post.  Sounds like more guess work on the part of MP4 to me.  We'll see....  Please let me know if your tracking numbers ever reveal any information though.  Thanks in advance.

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #1,601 of 3,682

Quote:
Ok you don't have to agree with that but I'm telling you I have done upgrades from 1.1 to 2.2 on a vista 32 bit PC and it worked without a problem.

On this post at MP4Nation, http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=169574&f=1#p169574 , if you scroll down to the "OS Compatibility", under "Win Vista", it does say "
  1. varied response to update tools for firmware updates, seems some vista machines can work ok and some not, so far factory installed is proving good
  2. varied response to specialized drivers for updates and repairs, seems some vista machines can work ok and some not, so far factory installed is proving good".

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #1,602 of 3,682

Those using windows 7, are you able to properly "safely remove" the player? Mine does nothing when I click on "safely remove" from my computer. Its as if it does not register the click and hence, is forever connected.

Also, is the transfer of files suppose to be slow on the S:flo2? Mine says that it'll take about 50mins to transfer a 2gb file
blink.gif

Mine doesn't take long to transfer files and I have no problems ejecting.

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #1,603 of 3,682
Well it's been a day with it and I have some impressions to share .
Opened the box, hooked it up to my Win7 machine with no problems and loaded up my collection of FLAC and 320kbps MP3's of Alternative Rock and Korean Pop, (oh yes, Korean Pop and I'm Mexican).
First I hooked the s:flo2 to my RX700's.
What can I say ? It was GREAT . I've been using the HO on my laptop for the longest time and this was over nine thousand times better . The detail, seperation, clarity, bass, treble, EVERYTHING sounded way better. Then I hooked it up to my ES7's. Oh man, I didn't know it could get better ! The ES7's are definitely a good match with this player, it sounds amazing. This was definitely worth the wait. :)
Now onto the bad, the worst thing that I could find about this player is it's scrolling on menus, especially when selecting music. It's SO annoying when you try to scroll down (pretty damn slow may I add), and then you end up selecting a song by accident. Also what's annoying is that when you press say, "Albums" sometimes you get sent to the middle of the list right away, instead of starting at the top. Other than these nuisances, I have nothing else negative to report. :)

Can't wait to get an amp ! :D I've looked around and apparently the Headstage Arrow 12HE is a good combination with it, I may get it in the near future.

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #1,604 of 3,682

Quote:

Can't wait to get an amp ! :D I've looked around and apparently the Headstage Arrow 12HE is a good combination with it, I may get it in the near future.

That's the amp I want as well. Glad you're enjoying your new player.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #1,605 of 3,682

Got my Sflo2 today! Man it was really fast, it left HK on Monday, and arrived here Thursday afternoon. The headphone out is clean and very powerful from the brief listening. So far so good, no problem whatsoever. One catch though, it gets pretty warm while driving my earphones. This is going to make the battery die faster....
blink.gif

Apart from that, the video playing is not perfect either, but considering the range of files it can play, I am fine with that. Another problem is that if your cellphone is really close, you will get RF interference, and there will be that annoying popping sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back