S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #1,579 of 3,682
Wow such a long wait; well I hope you guys are satisfied; I certainly was :)
Oh and just to let you guys know, I dropped mine today on the leg of my rolling chair and it cracked the glass :/

There's a nasty circular break JUST to the right of the home button; luckily the crack didn't go up to the screen :)
I had my amp on top of it and it dropped... 2 feet max :frowning2:

But yea if you push the button it looks like I pushed too hard and smashed the screen with my thumb :)

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #1,580 of 3,682
Ok guys i've spent about 30 mins on my new toy and it really lives up to the hype
Compared to my laptop, zune hd, ipod nano 4g, it blows them all away
better separation clarity bass vocals soundstage & etc.
definitely worth the wait!
enjoy!

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #1,585 of 3,682
Just got my SFLO2 but seem to have a problem loading the USB drivers on Vista. When I first plugged it in it said there may have been a problem and up until now I cant seem to get Vista to recognize it as a drive?

Should I be downloading USB drivers myself? I though it would be plug and play?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #1,586 of 3,682
This thing doesn't work with vista.  I tried updating the firmware on vista and killed it.  I ahd to use my friend's win98 on his laptop to update the firmware to revive it.  MP4n does not offer support to vista users and won't be coming up with any drivers for it.  However it works fine in win98, and there are bypasses in win07.

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #1,587 of 3,682
I was only aware that there were issues with updating firmware with non XP, general file access should be standard and not need addtional drivers. Open up device manager and uninstall the device / try a new usb port to resinstall the drivers.  I can only give general advice as mine is not here yet but I will run windows 7. Check the delivery update thread on the mp4 forums as this has been mentioned.

You could try getting one of those USB stick bootable copies of XP (with legit license of course
smile.gif
) or vmware player and XP VM and use that to prep. Not ideal I know but would get you there utill your driver issue problem is resolved.

Edit: are you 32bit or 64?

Quote:
Just got my SFLO2 but seem to have a problem loading the USB drivers on Vista. When I first plugged it in it said there may have been a problem and up until now I cant seem to get Vista to recognize it as a drive?

Should I be downloading USB drivers myself? I though it would be plug and play?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #1,588 of 3,682
For those who have received the recent batch, do you think that most of the software glitches have been worked out?

And also, can anyone compare the headphone out and line out to the HiFiMan HM-801? I am on a constant trek for
the best portable dap. Is the UI more intuitive and user friendly?
Thanks in advance.

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #1,589 of 3,682

Quote:
This thing doesn't work with vista.  I tried updating the firmware on vista and killed it.  I ahd to use my friend's win98 on his laptop to update the firmware to revive it.  MP4n does not offer support to vista users and won't be coming up with any drivers for it.  However it works fine in win98, and there are bypasses in win07.

It works fine on Vista, I have done several upgrade to the SFLO:2 on my vista pc, you just have to read and follow the instructions to a T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back