S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 12, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #1,516 of 3,682

Quote:
I'm assuming that all of you who are getting tracking numbers, ordered EMS for shipping.  Tracking numbers for "free shipping, RT numbers" appear to me to be somewhat worthless.  My package was "mailed out" on 6/2 and as of tday, 6/12, there is still no record of the tracking number at HK POST.  I don't know if this is typical for Hong Kong mail or not, but MP4 Nation needs to cut the BS and just advertise that "this whole process is morbidly slow and you'll receive your package when you receive it".  No real information there, but a bit more accurate than what is currently being posted on their site.

You should consult mp4nation and send them a ticket ASAP. Im using free shipping as well and mp4nation sent me a email that my package was sent on 7th june. Today i just tracked my package using the given tracking number and it is marked as "received" by the post office but yet to board the plane. 

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #1,517 of 3,682
Once your package leaves Hong Kong, try the number using USPS' tracking service. The last thing I ordered from MP4nation eventually showed up in my snailmailbox, and I discovered that it was USPS that took over the shipment after it arrived in the US.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #1,518 of 3,682

Quote:

Glad to hear you got it. We couldn't get the fm transmitters so they were swapped for just the mofi case, viewing stand and car charger, but everyone will get the custom leather cases when they arrive in stock :)  The LO is the green port.

@Anaxilus & canhed Please open a support ticket so i can look into your orders http://www.mp4nation.net/support

Wow, I'm getting a MoFi case that was already included in my purchase, instead of the FM transmitter that I was looking forward to?
Thats special.

Jun 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #1,521 of 3,682

Ah thanks for that. It's working on both sites FINALLY. I received the tracking number two weeks ago and now they ship it. ugh.
Quote:
Once your package leaves Hong Kong, try the number using USPS' tracking service. The last thing I ordered from MP4nation eventually showed up in my snailmailbox, and I discovered that it was USPS that took over the shipment after it arrived in the US.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #1,524 of 3,682
After using my S:Flo2 for a few days, I would like to share a few things that I feel would help you enjoying the player better:

1. Always do the "Safely Remove Drive" step in Windows XP/Vista/7. Do not just unplug the USB cable after copying files. There are many reports in the Teclast Chinese forum that some player are damaged due to frequent "hot unplugging".

2. After copying music files, use the free Drivesort utility to sort the folders in the S:flo2 (http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php). This will allow you to have easier time browsing actual folders. Remember to check the "subdirectory" option when using Drivesort.

3. Before updating the media libray, change the screen setting to "always on". I found if the screen auto turn off during media update process, sometimes the player would hang

4. Split your APE/Flac files into individual tracks (i.e. 1 APE/FLAC file per track). Other than the reason that cue file is not well supported by the S:flo2, the 256MB buffer chip inside the player will give better response if it is navigating between smaller files.

5. Disable the "button led flashing" to save battery power

Jun 13, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #1,525 of 3,682
^ Thanks for the advice. But who knows when our Sflo2 is coming...
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #1,527 of 3,682

Quote:
I'm assuming that all of you who are getting tracking numbers, ordered EMS for shipping.  Tracking numbers for "free shipping, RT numbers" appear to me to be somewhat worthless.  My package was "mailed out" on 6/2 and as of tday, 6/12, there is still no record of the tracking number at HK POST.  I don't know if this is typical for Hong Kong mail or not, but MP4 Nation needs to cut the BS and just advertise that "this whole process is morbidly slow and you'll receive your package when you receive it".  No real information there, but a bit more accurate than what is currently being posted on their site.

Yes it is typical, one occasion I got a package on my doorstep before it was even updated once by the HK post, with my SFLO:2 delivery the HK post was not updated until the package hit a post office near my house.

International shipping is a nightmare but has gotten a lot better over the years, not to long ago their was no type of tracking at all and you were lucky to even get a package you ordered and half the  time  when you did get it it had already been opened and gone through.

I know people with little epxerpeince in  getting  deliveries from HK, China, may gasp at howlong it takes and how uninformative the tracking is but trust me this is par for the course and their really is nothing any venodr can do about it.

Be happy that MP4nation offers free shipping cause on  alot of items that come from  these area's shipping cost can by more than the item you are ordering.

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #1,529 of 3,682

Quote:
How do you split APE files into multiple files? I have a couple of albums in APE format but I want them to be flac.... any help would be appreciated :)

First make sure you also have the cue files of the album.

Then just download Foobar, Foobar Monkey Audio component to read APE files, and FLAC encoder (both or them are free). Install both, use the "Add files" option in Foobar to read the cue file into the play list. Then highlight individual tracks in the playlist, right click to use the "Convert" function to convert to individual FLAC files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back