S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #1,487 of 3,682

Quote:
I'm curious how would the s:flo2 sound through LO with amps like the fiio e7 or ibasso d4 mamba, since they share the same DACs.

Same chip doesn't mean same sound! If you read reviews, e7 is not an improvement, nor worse much, just not worth to pair with it. Some said, s:flo2's amp is on par with d2+ and t4, so unamped it should be ok for many, if you want even more improvements in SQ, more expensive amp is the way to go.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #1,488 of 3,682

Quote:
I'm curious how would the s:flo2 sound through LO with amps like the fiio e7 or ibasso d4 mamba, since they share the same DACs.

The DAC should not matter as it would amplfing the analog output and not converting the digital source. I will be able to test with my E7 when the s:low arrives but I would think that it would be no improvement over the HPO.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #1,489 of 3,682
I guess no one here has ever ordered from HK? I have ordered alot of items from there and it can take weeks and even more than a month to get here to the States. And the whole idea of being able to track packages there is pretty new. In the 90's I would order things from HK it would take over a month and I'd never have any way to track it.

Once it leaves mp4nation it is in the hands of the HK post offices, and it can take awhile to get here from there.

And as far as the tracking from the HK site, it is a joke, I have actually gotten packages delivered to my door before it's status was updated ONCE on the HK site.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #1,491 of 3,682
I'm really curious to see how my Go Vibe Petite will handle the S:Flo's LO. Running it as a DAC from a PC to my JH-16's it immediately presents itself as being in another league in comparison to a Clip+'s HO. I would be shocked to find out that the S:Flo's LO + Petite combo doesn't offer much improvement over the S:Flo's HO.

In case anyone's curious, here's some information on the Petite since it appears to be quite an overlooked little gem:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/287689/review-go-vibe-petite-dac-amp-vs-d1

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #1,492 of 3,682

Quote:
I'm really curious to see how my Go Vibe Petite will handle the S:Flo's LO. Running it as a DAC from a PC to my JH-16's it immediately presents itself as being in another league in comparison to a Clip+'s HO. I would be shocked to find out that the S:Flo's LO + Petite combo doesn't offer much improvement over the S:Flo's HO.

In case anyone's curious, here's some information on the Petite since it appears to be quite an overlooked little gem:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/287689/review-go-vibe-petite-dac-amp-vs-d1

It will really just depend on the amp my 300$ XM5 sounds bad with the LO of the SFLO:2 because the LO is so loud and the XM5 does not have a lower gain control.

For fun I tried an FIIO e5 on the LO of the SFLO:2 and the power of the LO distorted it to death.

So you will need a portable amp that not only have a very good clean signal path but also has the ability to handle the very Loud LO of the SFLO:2 with lower gain settings.

And even then it may not sound any better than the HO. I may venture into another portable amp for the SFLO:2 but so far I have found that the HO sounds really good and I'm happy not having to lug around a portable amp.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,493 of 3,682

Quote:
I guess no one here has ever ordered from HK? I have ordered alot of items from there and it can take weeks and even more than a month to get here to the States. And the whole idea of being able to track packages there is pretty new. In the 90's I would order things from HK it would take over a month and I'd never have any way to track it.

Once it leaves mp4nation it is in the hands of the HK post offices, and it can take awhile to get here from there.

And as far as the tracking from the HK site, it is a joke, I have actually gotten packages delivered to my door before it's status was updated ONCE on the HK site.

I guess you live in the wildest outback cause for me the postal service from HK was always pretty fast, especially with EMS (never more than 3 working days to Europe).

But the problem is not the delivery time. The problem is it's just not true like you are stating, that the item is in the hands of HK post office once it leaves MP4Nation.

Imagine you buy something from me and you pay for EMS. Then I send you a tracking number stating the item is mailed out. In fact I ask a friend to go to the post office what he does 10 days later. You receive the item in 2 weeks instead of 3 days although you paid for EMS. What kind of feedback would you leave me? Who would you blame, me or my friend? Just think about it..

Delay is delay, if that is 2 or 3 months.. but the way it is communicated with all the sarcastic tone and how we customers are treated is just a shame.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #1,494 of 3,682
I received my batch 3 S:flo2 this morning. Along with the Brainwavz M1!

I did't get the FM transmitter which mp4nation promised as goodwill gift for late shipment

The player is already flashed with V2.2 firmware with Plain and Simple UI. I am still testing out the device. So far I found:

1. The volume control balance is good. Only slight imbalance at very low volume through my RE0
2. The screen printing on the back of the case for USB, Volume + & -, Phone out and Line out are all missing. I have to refer to the T51 pictures on Teclast website to find out which port is for headphone out, which way is turning the volume up. No serial no printed on the back.
3. Found the "play/pause" button graphic got mixed up in video playing mode. When video is playing, the "play" button is shown instead of the "pause" button. When video is stopped, the "pause" button is shown.
4. The screen graphics/texts sometimes got scrambled.
5. MP3 tags in Traditional Chinese cannot be displayed properly. Is there a language setup?
6. Found a 720p MKV AVI file not supported.
7. Flac (individual track) and 320K MP3 files play file.
8. Not hearing any screen induced EMF noise through the headphone out on my RE0 (I set the screen always on)

I will test the line out and Brainwavz M1 later.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #1,495 of 3,682

Quote:
I received my batch 3 S:flo2 this morning. Along with the Brainwavz M1!

I did't get the FM transmitter which mp4nation promised as good will gift for late shipment

The player is already flashed with V2.2 firmware with Plain and Simple UI. I am still testing out the device. So far I found:

1. The volume control balance is good. Only slight imbalance at very low volume through my RE0
2. The screen printing on the back of the case for USB, Volume + & -, Phone out and Line out are all missing. I have to refer to the T51 pictures on Teclast website to find out which port is for headphone out, which way is turning the volume up. No serial no printed on the back.
3. Found the "play/pause" button graphic got mixed up in video playing mode. When video is playing, the "play" button is shown instead of the "pause" button. When video is stopped, the "pause" button is shown.
4. The screen graphics/texts sometimes got scrambled.
5. MP3 tags in Traditional Chinese cannot be displayed properly. Is there a language setup?
6. Found a 720p MKV AVI file not supported.
7. Flac (individual track) and 320K MP3 files play file.
8. Not hearing any screen induced EMF noise through the headphone out on my RE0 (I set the screen always on)

I will test the line out and Brainwavz M1 later.

Glad to hear you got it. We couldn't get the fm transmitters so they were swapped for just the mofi case, viewing stand and car charger, but everyone will get the custom leather cases when they arrive in stock :)  The LO is the green port.

@Anaxilus & canhed Please open a support ticket so i can look into your orders http://www.mp4nation.net/support

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #1,496 of 3,682
Update:

1. Chinese MP3 tag info got properly displayed after changing language to Traditional Chinese
2. Screen-on induced EMF noise is random. Sometimes there is when screen is on, but sometimes the noise will gone even the sceen stay on.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #1,497 of 3,682

Quote:

Glad to hear you got it. We couldn't get the fm transmitters so they were swapped for just the mofi case, viewing stand and car charger, but everyone will get the custom leather cases when they arrive in stock :)  The LO is the green port.

@Anaxilus & canhed Please open a support ticket so i can look into your orders http://www.mp4nation.net/support

I see. So far I found the S:flo2 can be affected by EMF noise easily. May be you can consider to a layer of EMF shielding film to the upcoming custom case?

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #1,498 of 3,682
Same as Borrego,  I also recieved mine (as I also live in HK).  I haven't got time to play around with it yet.  As far as the screen printing of "USB" "volume" etc....  if you check out the pictures in the mp4nation,   it is not printed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back