S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #1,471 of 3,682
Aha, so the post office ignores the nature of EMS and "a person at the HKP bulk posting scans the parcels in which can take a few days"???

So when someone mail an item out directly in the post office, EMS is fast, but when you do bulk mailing it's not? It takes days to process?

On the MP4Nation site you state EMS takes 3-5 days. How comes? You know it takes longer...

Sorry ,that's just ridiculous. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #1,473 of 3,682

Quote:
Aha, so the post office ignores the nature of EMS and "a person at the HKP bulk posting scans the parcels in which can take a few days"???

So when someone mail an item out directly in the post office, EMS is fast, but when you do bulk mailing it's not? It takes days to process?

On the MP4Nation site you state EMS takes 3-5 days. How comes? You know it takes longer...

simple. dont buy from them again!

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #1,474 of 3,682

Quote:

If mailing out at the post office, the line may only be a few persons, and yes, it is fast in that way.  But if post office or logistic company coming to pick up may be a different story.  Just have no clues how many packages they are going through a day.   In Raz case here,  he said there are 700+ orders, and if he is sending out 100 packages a day, by the time it arrived the post office, those workers may be going through several hundreds or thousands a day.  So it is hard to say.

But at least we are seeing someone able to track their package in the PO website.  It is a good sign.

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #1,477 of 3,682

Quote:
If mailing out at the post office, the line may only be a few persons, and yes, it is fast in that way.  But if post office or logistic company coming to pick up may be a different story.  Just have no clues how many packages they are going through a day.   In Raz case here,  he said there are 700+ orders, and if he is sending out 100 packages a day, by the time it arrived the post office, those workers may be going through several hundreds or thousands a day.  So it is hard to say.

But at least we are seeing someone able to track their package in the PO website.  It is a good sign.

You can be sure that the HK Post is processing a million of items a day. The 100 pieces of s:flo players a day is nothing for them. And I mean they are sending it in bulk because it is faster. You have 100 items that are all paid in once and so processed in once. That's the advantage of sending in bulk, isn't it?

That makes me really angry how this company is always making others responsible for their own faults. Ok, if there is a delay in the factory, I know they can't do anything.. But i make business with them and not with the factory or the postal service.
And in the case of the post I know that they always deliver a good service (speaking only about EMS) and so i'm not accepting the excuses from MP4Nation. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #1,478 of 3,682
wow, awesome news!

I ordered 05/24/2010 and the status changed to Mailed out, I think things are getting better. Now I don't care so much about delivery, I know it takes from 3 weeks to month, I got one package from HK after month and half, but I got it.

Any more mailed items yet?

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #1,479 of 3,682
gitf03,

I agree with you completely.  I know nothing about the efficiency of the Hong Kong post office, but they must handle millions of items weekly.  I'm sure they've been doing it for some time as well.  The delays we are seeing are very poorly explained by Raz.  It must be that his 3rd party "logistics" who are supposed to be transporting the sflo2 players from his basement, er I mean from the MP4 Nation store to the HK post office have heard all the positive reviews, so they have taken this opportunity to listen to our players for a few weeks before getting them to the post office for mailing.  They just want to make sure the SQ of the SFLO2 is "all that" before they are willing to wait the extra 3-4 months it'll take them to get their own....  At this point, I wouldn't doubt that this bit of facetiousness is in fact true....  My order was "mailed out" from MP4Nation on 6/2, and still no listing by HK post shows up.  No offense to those of you living in Hong Kong, but this whole experience tends to give me (and perhaps many others) the impression that your manufacturing, vending, and mail systems are all about fourth rate....

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #1,480 of 3,682
Yeah mine's processed for departure.

Also to the people getting worked up, don't worry, learn to be patient. I've been waiting since April, and if the product is good enough I'll wait. Just be happy that progress is being made.

...jesus.

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #1,481 of 3,682
....jesus, this is what happens when people feel they are being... dare I say it deceived!  I am sure players will arrive eventually (please), but things appear to not add up.  My order was "mailed out" on the 14/05/2010, and yet it still does not appear in HK Post Tracking.  Please don't tell me that the "logistics" couriers take almost a month to get parcels across town - if so don't blame them, get another courier!  Hong Kong is a major business hub for SE Asia, assuming the "logistics" company is not incompetent , one could assume that a bag would be transported to HK Post within a 2 -3 day turn around max, it can't  take the postal service 3 weeks to read a bar code EMS or not!  I can be patient, I don't like feeling like I'm being "handled".

Quote:

Also to the people getting worked up, don't worry, learn to be patient. I've been waiting since April, and if the product is good enough I'll wait. Just be happy that progress is being made.

...jesus.

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #1,482 of 3,682

Quote:

...jesus.

Please don't attack people for having legitimate concerns, the delay itself is not what people are upset about. Read the previous posts again and you'll understand. The good news is that this is all very easy for the company to fix... then we could enjoy more positive impressions sooner :)

Everyone here wants the players to be received and enjoyed, including the vendor (you can tell from his post how frustrated he is), we're all on the same team here.

Just to chime in, I had a lot of management experience in logistics before 'moving up', and my small 40 person team used to pack, QC and ship thousands of parcels a day to all over the world. Sounds like the vendor's bulk distributor could give him a much better service than they do...

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #1,483 of 3,682
Mine says mailed out too, but after reading about the long waiting time from other members, I might actually get my Fiio E7 (shipping 1st July) before this....
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back