S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #1,456 of 3,682

"I have a tracking number starting with E, but after 5 days, HongKongpost has yet to update it. What on earth is going on. I'm just grumpy right now........."

gknix,  the item is simply not in the post office.  It is not sent. As I said the tracking number is not given at the time of sending.  It is already on the form that you filled-in and the form can be picked up at post office anytime before you even have anything to send.

I hope this is not the case.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #1,457 of 3,682
Surely someone on this forum must have some experience with shipping from MP4 Nation on other items that have BEEN in stock at time of order; has it taken forever and a day to receive the other items? or is this completely unique to the sflo2?

Additionally, does anyone have any experience with other sites selling the Teclast T51 (eg, House of Dap)?  Is this vendor also in Hong Kong, and do their shipments take forever to arrive?

Sorry that this "impressions" thread has turned into an "anxiously awaiting sflo2" thread, but Raz has already declared that he won't allow such chatter in his forums.....  A bit odd on his part, considering that we have demonstrated our loyalty by waiting all this time.  He seems to be easily insulted, just my opinion.....

New Duke, glad to hear your Sony survived the fall...  You still keep me smiling!

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #1,458 of 3,682
I posted this before, but it seems appropriate for me to relate my experience with mp4nation and shipping again. 

1) Ordered s:flo2 in January. When ordered stock was said to be available. About 5 days later was informed the player was actually out of stock. Worth mentioning that I was only told AFTER I had complained about no news coming from them. 

2) Had to wait 2 MONTHS. They blamed Chinese New Year, which is ok considering how big it is. 

3) They posted that stock had arrived at their place, and will be shipping out immediately. But after a week, I still didn't have my EMS tracking number. 

4) So I emailed them. They again, blamed Chinese New Year, saying that they had a big backlog to clear. That's getting  bit ridiculous, considering that CNY was already 2 weeks past at that time. Anyways, logistics should be their own problem, if they have issues with manpower, why not hire more people to cope? 

5) I finally got the tracking number soon after, but I could not track it. But they did mention it would take 5 days to appear, which is weird. 

6) When the tracking finally appeared, it showed that the package was received only the DAY BEFORE! Which means that when mp4nation said that they already sent it, it was only 3-4 days later that HK Post received it. 

Sorry for the long-winded story, but getting the s:flo2 was a real painful experience for me. I feel that mp4nation seriously needs to improve on their communications and operations. If the stock is delayed, inform customers immediately. If you have operational problems, countermeasure quickly. 

I have bought from HK companies before, the experience was never this bad. Usually after I order, it would take 24 hours for them to ship, and I'd get the product in like 3-4 days. I would have thought that mp4nation had learned something from the previous batch, but judging from the responses here, clearly they haven't. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #1,459 of 3,682

Surely someone on this forum must have some experience with shipping from MP4 Nation on other items that have BEEN in stock at time of order; has it taken forever and a day to receive the other items? or is this completely unique to the sflo2?

Additionally, does anyone have any experience with other sites selling the Teclast T51 (eg, House of Dap)?  Is this vendor also in Hong Kong, and do their shipments take forever to arrive?

Sorry that this "impressions" thread has turned into an "anxiously awaiting sflo2" thread, but Raz has already declared that he won't allow such chatter in his forums.....  A bit odd on his part, considering that we have demonstrated our loyalty by waiting all this time.  He seems to be easily insulted, just my opinion.....

New Duke, glad to hear your Sony survived the fall...  You still keep me smiling!

I had ordered an item from them after I ordered the Sflo it took three weeks from being shipped to leave HK and another week to be delivered.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #1,460 of 3,682

Quote:
I feel that mp4nation seriously needs to improve on their communications and operations. If the stock is delayed, inform customers immediately. If you have operational problems, countermeasure quickly. 

I could not agree more. Sure mp4nation can not really be put to blame for Telecat's delays in production but they could have easily handled the situation much better.
It's this lack in apparent customer support that has turned me off buying a s:flo2 simply because mp4nation are the only company to stock and sell a 16gb version internationally. It's a real shame.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #1,461 of 3,682
I just tracked my M2 IEM and this is the result, The item (RTXXXXXXXXXHK) was posted on 9-Jun-2010 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee. 

FYI, i received a email from mp4nation on 3rd june that my M2 was sent out. 

It might really take 5 days to update the tracking code or mp4nation filled up the form, gave us a code and sent it 5 days later.

my 2cents. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,463 of 3,682
FYI: Some reason people think we goto the post office and mail these ourselves, we don't, surely you don't think we line up with couple hundred parcels and stick stamps on them! Like always. our parcels get collected in mail sacks by a 3rd party logistics company, it is taken to the HKP bulk mailing facility and then they processes it.

If parcels are mailed directly in a post office then the tracking is up on that day as they input it directly to their system then and there. If you have previously purchased from HK and have got a parcel with stamps stuck on it and with a bar code tracking label stuck onto it, then these are being directly mailed at a post office.

In our case the tracking only goes online when a person at the HKP bulk posting scans the parcels in which can take a few days, this isn't actually any slower mailing than if a person were to mail a parcel directly at a post office, it just means they take longer to enter parcels into the system as they deal in large bulk quantities.

Enjoy.

Edit: We do take some parcels directly to the post office, these are parcel that need to be sent to Hong Kong addresses.

Jun 10, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #1,464 of 3,682
Raz,   Thank you very much for the clarifications which give everyone of us great confidence in our wait.  Really appreciated for the communication which is the one of the key factor to successful online business.

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #1,466 of 3,682

Quote:
FYI: Some reason people think we goto the post office and mail these ourselves, we don't, surely you don't think we line up with couple hundred parcels and stick stamps on them! Like always. our parcels get collected in mail sacks by a 3rd party logistics company, it is taken to the HKP bulk mailing facility and then they processes it.

If parcels are mailed directly in a post office then the tracking is up on that day as they input it directly to their system then and there. If you have previously purchased from HK and have got a parcel with stamps stuck on it and with a bar code tracking label stuck onto it, then these are being directly mailed at a post office.

In our case the tracking only goes online when a person at the HKP bulk posting scans the parcels in which can take a few days, this isn't actually any slower mailing than if a person were to mail a parcel directly at a post office, it just means they take longer to enter parcels into the system as they deal in large bulk quantities.

Enjoy.

Edit: We do take some parcels directly to the post office, these are parcel that need to be sent to Hong Kong addresses.

Since you are here I might as well ask.  If I received a shipped notification around May 14th and received a tracking number (free shipping option) should I be concerned that my tracking number produces no package and that I have not received it yet?  I have no problem waiting if there is something coming, I just can't verify something is in the mail.

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #1,468 of 3,682
Interesting!  I am exactly the same boat brother...down to the date , now I don't feel so bad, still very frusrated.  I did post a support ticket and my order was going to be checked with HK Post by MP4 Nation...no reponse yet though, perhaps they take as long to respond to enquires as they do the scan items!!

If, as admin state, the bulk orders are picked up by 3rd party courier (perfectly reasonable), then I would be finding another service if it has taken almost a month for the bags to reach the post office (outrageous).  However if the couriers picked up and delivered with a 2 - 3 day turn around (is this unreasonable??)....does it take HK Post 3 weeks to find and scan these bags - surely not?????   Interesting!! 

Quote:

Since you are here I might as well ask.  If I received a shipped notification around May 14th and received a tracking number (free shipping option) should I be concerned that my tracking number produces no package and that I have not received it yet?  I have no problem waiting if there is something coming, I just can't verify something is in the mail.

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #1,470 of 3,682
Item Number: EA046299405HK
Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
10-Jun-2010 15:34 King's Road Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status
10-Jun-2010 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
10-Jun-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

* Upon the provision of post code
# Location Date

My status was changed from processing to "mailed out" on friday last week 06/04/2010 and just when i checked back today it was being processed for departure. it can only mean item was brought to post office today. I hope i get it tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back