S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 8, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #1,441 of 3,682
For all you folks who requested EMS delivery on your 3rd batch player, be sure to check your tracking number to make sure you are really getting EMS.  I ordered EMS delivery for mine, but Admin botched it up and sent regular airmail.  My tracking number starts with RT instead of E as a result or his error.  In any event, I requested a refund on the EMS and I have received the refund.  I was really hoping to avoid the "apparent several weeks shipping process" attributed to regular airmail, but I will wait now with the rest of you.  So please be sure to check and make sure you really are getting EMS if you paid for it.  Otherwise request your refund....and wait with us.

By the way, New Duke, if this sflo2 player does not perform well beyond my current ipod or sansa clip, I will let you know.  For people to have to wait >4 months for this player, it better be worth it, or our feedback should reflect it.  This whole process has been quite tiresome, to be honest.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #1,443 of 3,682

Quote:
For all you folks who requested EMS delivery on your 3rd batch player, be sure to check your tracking number to make sure you are really getting EMS.  I ordered EMS delivery for mine, but Admin botched it up and sent regular airmail.  My tracking number starts with RT instead of E as a result or his error.  In any event, I requested a refund on the EMS and I have received the refund.  I was really hoping to avoid the "apparent several weeks shipping process" attributed to regular airmail, but I will wait now with the rest of you.  So please be sure to check and make sure you really are getting EMS if you paid for it.  Otherwise request your refund....and wait with us.

By the way, New Duke, if this sflo2 player does not perform well beyond my current ipod or sansa clip, I will let you know.  For people to have to wait >4 months for this player, it better be worth it, or our feedback should reflect it.  This whole process has been quite tiresome, to be honest.

From the LO to my ALO Rx, the sound is better than my Clip+ to Rx. That was with using the UM3Xs and lossless songs. Soundstage was wider and the music was just...better to my ears; had more weight to it. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #1,444 of 3,682

Quote:

First batch?  You mean third batch right??  My order was for the third batch and that was supposed to have shipped one month ago, don't know where you get only 5-6 business days.

Honestly, I'm not sure if MP4nation is to blame or HK post though so like I said I'll give it a few more weeks.  So much for authoritarian, Chinese 'communist' (laff) efficiency.

what i meant was the first batch of s flo2 from the third batch order. They started shipping s flo2 on 3rd june or 4th if i remember correctly so based on that it should be around 5~6 business days. 

anyway i think 5 days to update tracking number is way too long for a postal service and i doubt the free postal service is trackable at all.. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #1,446 of 3,682

Quote:
what i meant was the first batch of s flo2 from the third batch order. They started shipping s flo2 on 3rd june or 4th if i remember correctly so based on that it should be around 5~6 business days. 

anyway i think 5 days to update tracking number is way too long for a postal service and i doubt the free postal service is trackable at all.. 

Well, my order was from the first of the third batch as you call it and was flagged as shipped on May 15th.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #1,447 of 3,682
Anyone received the 3rd batch yet?

Borrego, I agree with you that if player is not received by this Friday (in HK),  there might be something going on.  At the time of writing this message, my order status is still on "processing". 

I personally did sell number of items on ebay and always shipped with EMS and let me give you an idea how that works.  It is in fact simple.    The tracking number is on a "form"  that you fill-in with sender, receiver address, item descriptions , etc. This form can be picked up at the post office anytime even you don't have anything to send.   This form is then stick to the package for sending out.   When this package is sent at the post office,  the tracking number is then being scanned (by barcode scanner ) into the system and thus can be tracked (the tracking number is not given at the time of sending, it is already on the form).  This does input/ update into the system fairly quickly.     I have sent items with EMS to UK, Korea, Australia, US and so on...  most places shipping time is at max 5 days with some experience of shipping to Australia as fast as 2 days! ( that is when it has been shipped at the post office )

So back to here,  if you have a tracking number, it is just the number on that form.  If you can't track it in the Post office website,  it has not be sent to the post office.  If it is sent, it take very short time for the the info to appear in the website database.   So that could means, the package is still in Raz's office? Or is there a package?  Or he just give you tracking number on the form first........    

figures cross

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #1,449 of 3,682
I waited for >4 months and I think I'm going to sell it once I receive it. I can't even be bothered anymore. Now that I think about it, I'll just go back to the ipods...the UI and  userbility is that much simpler.

I have a tracking number starting with E, but after 5 days, HongKongpost has yet to update it. What on earth is going on. I'm just grumpy right now.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #1,450 of 3,682

Btw, communist is a misused term to be placed on Hong Kong. We're quite sensitive about that term there, try to use it sparingly:)

It is strange, however, because HKPost is very efficient in distributing their mail upon receiving foreign packages, but sending out is just dreadfully slooooow.
Quote:

First batch?  You mean third batch right??  My order was for the third batch and that was supposed to have shipped one month ago, don't know where you get only 5-6 business days.

Honestly, I'm not sure if MP4nation is to blame or HK post though so like I said I'll give it a few more weeks.  So much for authoritarian, Chinese 'communist' (laff) efficiency.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #1,451 of 3,682
"I have a tracking number starting with E, but after 5 days, HongKongpost has yet to update it. What on earth is going on. I'm just grumpy right now........."

gknix,  the item is simply not in the post office.  It is not sent. As I said the tracking number is not given at the time of sending.  It is already on the form that you filled-in and the form can be picked up at post office anytime before you even have anything to send.

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #1,453 of 3,682
Once again this thread has been derailed, from an impression thread to shipping status thread. 
biggrin.gif

But if we don't have the players, then how are we going to have any impression of it?

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #1,454 of 3,682

Quote:

Thanks mate. Despite everything that happened and cancelling my order I'm still interested in the player, such is the impact of previous positive reviews. So 3rd batch impressions would be good.

Off topic: Dropped my new Sony X down an escalator in the metro this week and it's totally unscathed except for minor scratches... excellent :wink:

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #1,455 of 3,682
Batch 3 update:  I also received reply on my ticket I raised earlier today ( in fact raised 5 hours ago from this message ) that my order is shipped and they had no have time to update all tracking info.  Good job on the reply.  As I live locally in Hong Kong as where all the sflo2 are shipped out,  let's see if I will receive it tomorrow or Friday.

figures crossed.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back