S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 8, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #1,426 of 3,682

Quote:
This can't happen, Many people preordered and are waiting for their paid devices, so mp4nation has the money and if we assume they make some profit from it, they can't be in minus.

I see a big problem in mp4nation: transparency. If we can see how many devices are in stock and due to restock in realtime(let's say every day), this will solve many issues. I bought the device and thought it was stock. I'm now wondering and I'm not the only one, how long will I wait. damn

I also hope they are not in any kind of cash flow problem. I just hope they have paid their supplier after  taken our money, not spent elsewhere or lost in the stock market...

I feel mp4nation is arrogant and can care a bit more on customer service. In their own forum, the admin locked the 3rd batch pre-order thread and stopped replying shipment enquiry. While at the same time the admin starts up other pre-order threads and replied there. Likewise the only emails I received from them in the past 3 months were advertisement emails, not a single email on the order status.

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #1,427 of 3,682

Amen!
Quote:

Since you started it: I don't buy anything from Samsung because of how much they cheat the entire world with their shyte; because they own the government of Korea with bribes; because they evade 30% of their taxes; because they pay off reporters, sue people for defamation (just satire articles), and in general, ride off of corruption.

They make full-on copies of mercedes cars, sell them off at high prices full of shoddy parts. They allow the sales of illegal DVD/CD's at their grocery stores. They hide evidence, erase problems, don't allow the press freedom, and are behind 22 poisoning deaths here in Koreas factories. 

That's why I don't by Samsung.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #1,428 of 3,682

Just a heads up, I have waited 3.5 weeks since shipped status and never got tracking info from HK post.  I'm gonna try to be patient a few more weeks and see if anything shows up before I start spamming MP4nation.  
tongue_smile.gif

A previous order I had with them didn't leave Hong Kong till 3 weeks after I got the tracking info.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #1,431 of 3,682
Oh dear. These conversations don't fill me with confidence for my order, but at least I know not to expect it in the next few days! To be fair I've ordered from MP4 Nation before and they've always been prompt, polite, and reasonable to me.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #1,432 of 3,682
Yeh I paid for EMS as well...TBH I haven't been on the pre order list for as long as many people (nearly a month).

God knows how long a UK delivery is going to be. Is there a sflo3 in the pipeline? 
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #1,435 of 3,682

Quote:
I paid for EMS shipping and got my tracking number on Friday but still no info on the HK Post website.

Same here.

Quote:
Nope, HK post says tracking on my number is presently not available. Raz says to wait up to a week for HK post to make an update on a tracking number, its a bit ridiculous. No wonder it takes 3-4 weeks for people to get their package, either mp4 nation is not being truthful or the postal service they use is terrible.

Don't want to scare you but I ordered an amp from HK maybe a month ago and also paid for EMS. They have used the same postal service (same webpage) and the tracking number was immediately in the database with the item arriving exactly 3 days after. 

Ordered the s:flo in March. When I started to read the MP4Nation forums in May i was more and more sceptic because of what and how the admin was posting there. When the player won't arrive till Friday and my tracking number still won't show up any record I will be pretty sure that the player was never send to me. We will see...

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #1,436 of 3,682

Quote:
it is just 5~6 business days since the first batch was sent out and stop the pessimistic talk cos its getting me worried as well 
confused_face.gif

First batch?  You mean third batch right??  My order was for the third batch and that was supposed to have shipped one month ago, don't know where you get only 5-6 business days.

Honestly, I'm not sure if MP4nation is to blame or HK post though so like I said I'll give it a few more weeks.  So much for authoritarian, Chinese 'communist' (laff) efficiency.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #1,437 of 3,682
I doubt that they have enough players to ship to everyone (and that's even if they do). I have bought a lot of things from Hong Kong before, and their EMS is not slow by any means. The closing down of the preorder status thread is just a mean to silence people. In my dictionary, this is not the right way of doing business. 

According to Raz, all EMS is supposed to have been shipped by last Thursday, and if the players don't arrive by late this week or early next week, I have reasons to believe that we have been cheated again.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #1,438 of 3,682
Update: My support ticket was replied and said all Hong Kong local orders are to be sent out on 9th June (today). Base on my experiece with local postal service, I should be able to receive the player on this Friday latest.

My experience with HK Postal's EMS: I ordered something on ebay from US, I received the item 3-4 days later in Hong Kong. Europe used to be 2-3 days but because of the volcano ash air freight back log, it can be longer.

If I don't receive the player on Friday. Definitely something is wrong.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #1,439 of 3,682
Every time I've ordered something from Hong Kong, it takes weeks to arrive here in Korea, EMS or not. I think the processing time, for some reason, is years behind what it should be and I don't get it. At least it's dirt cheap to send from there though.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #1,440 of 3,682
Guys, don't forget to post back when you receive your players, even if it takes another month (and for some if you sadly it will). That way the community can be transparent about the delivery timeframe. Maybe the HK postal service really is that inconsistant.

And then remember to all leave your impressions too! Always good to have as many opinion as possible, Even if it's 100 people all saying 'it's awesome'
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
 I bought the device and thought it was stock. I'm now wondering and I'm not the only one, how long will I wait. damn

Maybe you thought that because for some time the website showed the players as in stock when they were not... naughty naughty. Hopefully it was an innocent mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back