S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 4, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #1,366 of 3,682
Continuing on the topic of amping the S:Flo; can anyone offer an idea of how much improvement is heard by amping it? I'm asking this because most people are stating the output is as good as an amped signal anyway. Of course I'm seeking a sound as good as possible (otherwise I'd have stuck with my Zen Vision) so would it be fair to say that you'd need to spend another £100 or so to get an portable amp that could improve on the SQ?

Jun 4, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #1,368 of 3,682
Order status changed to 'mailed out'!!!!

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #1,369 of 3,682

Quote:

Mine as well.
gs1000.gif

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #1,370 of 3,682

Quote:
Continuing on the topic of amping the S:Flo; can anyone offer an idea of how much improvement is heard by amping it? I'm asking this because most people are stating the output is as good as an amped signal anyway. Of course I'm seeking a sound as good as possible (otherwise I'd have stuck with my Zen Vision) so would it be fair to say that you'd need to spend another £100 or so to get an portable amp that could improve on the SQ?

From the whole thread and some other reviews I got impression S:flo's amp stage is "equals" to iBasso T4, or similar, which means T4, or Fiio e7 is not worth an investment. T3 improves highs a bit and alo RX improves everything a bit. It's hard to improve something, that is great, right? So the answer is, £100 amp won't cut it and you should invest even more if you want better sound, which sacrifies portability with bigger amp.

Line-in from S:flo is even better than head-out, that's why it's worth amping the line-out, but imo it depends on the budget. I would be interested in S:flo2-> Corda stepdance combo, that should be a portable dream.
etysmile.gif

Quote:
S:flo2 status mailed out yepee

Quote:

Congrats, guys, how long were you waiting to get it? I think I'm on the bottom of the list, like bertchai and some others.
frown.gif

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #1,371 of 3,682
I'll have to say that the T3 is a very probable upgrade to the S:Flo HPO. Each have a bit of hiss, the T3D maybe marginally more, but with the Line Out of the S:Flo, there is ... sparkle and great control for iems - if you don't go too loud (louder than anyone should be listening). The T3D/T3 is one of the best-realised amps on the market, if shy on power for lowΩ IEMS after the first gain stage. 

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #1,372 of 3,682
I hope all you guys who've waited ages are pleased! I enjoyed the SQ straight off, but the actual usability side of things has slowly improved via effort on my and others part (downloading newer firmware, naming all my files correctly, using DriveSort to get things in order in the Directory browsing).

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #1,374 of 3,682

Quote:
I placed my order on the 16th of April.

16th  April...  oh...  that's 1.5 months wait....  wow....  
As Raz mentioned before that there are more than 700+ orders to put through,  if they are going through 100+ orders a day, they are doing a great job. And that will be 7 days of hard work....   Looks like I will need to wait a bit longer, like next week.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,375 of 3,682
16th of April, that's a 1.5 months wait...  wow....

Raz has mentioned before that they have about 700+ orders to put through.  If they can send out 100+ a day, that's hugh and a great job done.  That means 7+ days of hard work.   Looks like I need to wait a bit longer, like next week.......

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #1,377 of 3,682
So anyone received their recently shipped SFlo2 yet?  I got a mailed notice around 5/14 and have yet to receive it in US.  No info on HK post tracking either.  Anyone else wait this long on shipping?  MP4nation faq says wait 30 business days before seeking support but I'm getting a little worried at this point.  

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #1,379 of 3,682

Quote:
Did you get the free shipping?

I certainly did.  I have no problem waiting as long as something is actually coming.  Anyone able to chime in on the time to door from China once shipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back