S:flo2 impressions thread
Jun 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #1,351 of 3,682

Quote:
My status changed to 'MAILED OUT" !!!!

Congrats. I've read at MP4Nation that of course it's a first come first serve basis. You must have been one of the earlier ones.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,353 of 3,682

Quote:
Congrats. I've read at MP4Nation that of course it's a first come first serve basis. You must have been one of the earlier ones.
wink.gif

Thanks.  It was a birthday present from my wife, way back in early march (8th).  It has been a long wait.

Quote:
I thought this was an impressions thread? Ionno....one of you guys should make a thread about shipping and wait times for the player like they did with the Xin amps....

So Young Spade, give us your impressions then. 
We have all been waiting so long for this player, and have been reading this thread to help the time pass, as well as preparing our other equipment for 'her' arrival. 
We have been waiting months for this day...when they finally ship. 
At the very least, we'll have to talk about it. 
wink_face.gif

You are a minority of the lucky T51/S:Flo2 owners.

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #1,354 of 3,682
Sure :) 
But reading back on your comment and the many others, I guess there is a small number of these players out there.... I didn't assume there would be that many people waiting on one to arrive....

But you guys won't be disappointed. The sound quality is amazing. A lot of people compare the player to the Clip+ and iPods/Sony players and IMO it is a much better player BECAUSE of it's line out function; the line out is truely something to be marveled at. 

When I'm A/Bing with my Clip+, I use the LO on the T51 with the amp and the HO (obviously) with the amp. Using UM3Xs and an ALO Rx, the differences are subtle but they are there. A slightly larger soundstage, a cleaner and more pronounced midrange, and a strong, clean bass response make this player great.

A lot of people complain about the UI and IMO it's not that bad; I actually kind of like it. Sure it doesn't have sorting by genres (which KILLS me) but I just synch with MediaMonkey and my artists are all there; finding any song takes me about 20 seconds from turning the player on.

The battery life is alright, I get about 10 hours with it. It stays home plugged up to the Rx feeding my K702s. It hardly ever dies on me and if it does, it's when I'm going for an all day listening session; however that has only happened a couple of times. I always charge it when I'm going to take a shower, eat dinner, or just watching a movie or something so I don't really have this problem. 

Um.... if you have any other questions or anything, feel free to post them or PM me :)

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #1,355 of 3,682

Quote:

Thanx for the info, do you know where to currently buy one? It's shows as out of stock on their website

er yes ,thats the problem ,Roberts concentrating on the arrow now so i dont know if he will make any more ,so its used forum, or the bay.
just reading comments about battery life I dont think I would get anywhere near 10 hours,but i tend to mess around with the player while its on , if i have an anorack moment i may time it and see but i seem to be losing my first quater bar after only a couple of hours

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #1,356 of 3,682
Having waited since errr, February I almost can't believe this thing is now winging it's way to me
blink.gif
! It'll just be my luck for it to get lost en route now
eek.gif

On the topic of amps to use I've already got a JDS Labs Bass Boost cMoy v2.02 and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it's suitability with the S:Flo? It doesn't have any gain controls so my first feeling is that it's not going to cut the mustard with it.

And one last question is there a walkthru for using any software to make sure my music files are all sorted in an order that S:Flo likes?

I feel extremely priviledged to be a soon-to-be owner of a player that's rarer than rockin horse crap!

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #1,357 of 3,682

Quote:
Having waited since errr, February I almost can't believe this thing is now winging it's way to me
blink.gif
! It'll just be my luck for it to get lost en route now
eek.gif

On the topic of amps to use I've already got a JDS Labs Bass Boost cMoy v2.02 and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it's suitability with the S:Flo? It doesn't have any gain controls so my first feeling is that it's not going to cut the mustard with it.

And one last question is there a walkthru for using any software to make sure my music files are all sorted in an order that S:Flo likes?

I feel extremely priviledged to be a soon-to-be owner of a player that's rarer than rockin horse crap!

Yes the mustard cutting index would be low, not that its a bad amp its looks not to be a good match for the s:flo2. The impression I get from swanlee and other sflo2 owners is that the HPO is solid and is better than most cheaper external amplfication. The lack of gain controll on the BB might be an issue as I have to feed a very low volume to my CMOYBB or it distorts a problem as the S:flo2 LO outputs at a high level.  Stick with the headphone out or look at the Arrow HE or similar level amp if you have the cash. 

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #1,358 of 3,682

Quote:
just reading comments about battery life I dont think I would get anywhere near 10 hours,but i tend to mess around with the player while its on , if i have an anorack moment i may time it and see but i seem to be losing my first quater bar after only a couple of hours

If anyone is looking for incredible battery life in a portable amp, I bought the Headroom Portable Micro Amp a few months ago and this ling lasts forever.
One the website, it says 14hours, i believe, but that is not what I have experienced.  I listen for 2.5 hours or more per day on the bus.  I also hook it up to my HTPC for late night movies when the kids are asleep on the weekends.  
I charged it at the very beginning of May, and it finally died on me last sunday.  Thats almost a whole month...one the high gain setting.
I think that is craziness. It sounds amazing too.  But it is kinda pricy. 
I can't wait to pair it with my S:flo2...when I finally receive it.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #1,360 of 3,682
I just ordered a s:flo2-16GB with free shipping (no bundle) on 28th May.  I am loctaed in Hong Kong where all the s:flo2 are shipped out.  Status still on "processing".  I wonder if Raz have enough stock for every order (including mine)......

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #1,364 of 3,682
to the people saying it sounds like any other player,try it with complex busy music,its a revalation how it seperates the layers and keeps it all clean .
anyway been using wma vbr high quality but going to give eac a try to rip to flac ,not convinced my ears will tell the diffearance but..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back