S:flo2 impressions thread
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #738 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you read that? I've read it pretty much has the most powerful headphone output for a dap at 40MW per channel.

It is easily more powerful than any of the other DAPS I've owned.

Has anyone got any proper specs on this..??

Seeing as i hear 2800mah battery... 40mw per channel.... The T51 and Flo are pretty much the same right..??

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #739 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone got any proper specs on this..??

Seeing as i hear 2800mah battery... 40mw per channel.... The T51 and Flo are pretty much the same right..??

Yes they are the exact same player, the SFLO:2 is simply re branded by mp4nation and sold to the states.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #740 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i read it here: $139 Teclast T51 Hi-Fi Quality 3.5 inch MP4 Player 8GB @ HOD - Better for Less

and which set up would sound better in head fi's opinion:

S:flo2 x RE0

Sflo2 x HJE900

S:flo2 x Westone UM1

S:flo2 x Klipsch Image S4

S:flo2 x Super Fi.3's

That spec sheet is wrong,the T51 does not have an FM Radio or built in speaker or recording capabilities. Since it is wrong about these things I would take what it says about output power with a grain of salt. I have seen 40MW per channel quoted in this thread and it is the loudest players I have ever heard, it is nearly as loud as my XM5 portable amp.

I know people have alot of question but seriously this is the best sounding player you can buy for under 400$, you do not need an external amp with it, it's output power and Bass are excellent. SQ is not something to worry about with this player, it would almost be impossible for someone to NOT like the way this player sounds.

What people should be concerned with is battery life and dealing with the UI. I'm personally fine with both these factors but there is NO flaw at all with the SQ of this player.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #741 of 3,682
Originally Posted by PDAstep View Post
According to data sheet on TDA 1308 (headphones amp in S:Flo2) maximum output power 60mW on the channel at 32 Ohm.

This is quoted from the the T51 thread. The S:Flo2 is so much louder and capable at driving cans then my D2. I have a pair of Shure SRH840 which have an impedance of 44 ohm. An iPod classic can't even get them to a volume level worth listening to. The D2 can get them loud but are really flat. The S:Flo2 and get them rocking. Even my Teclast M50HD which is rated 10mW a channel @ 32 ohm can drive cans better then my D2.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #742 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That spec sheet is wrong,the T51 does not have an FM Radio or built in speaker or recording capabilities. Since it is wrong about these things I would take what it says about output power with a grain of salt. I have seen 40MW per channel quoted in this thread and it is the loudest players I have ever heard, it is nearly as loud as my XM5 portable amp.

I know people have alot of question but seriously this is the best sounding player you can buy for under 400$, you do not need an external amp with it, it's output power and Bass are excellent. SQ is not something to worry about with this player, it would almost be impossible for someone to NOT like the way this player sounds.

What people should be concerned with is battery life and dealing with the UI. I'm personally fine with both these factors but there is NO flaw at all with the SQ of this player.

I could understand if you said this is one of the better sounding players under the $400 mark.. But saying it is the best is a F*rking D*uche act... Not everybody has the same musical flavor as yourself, i mean i like my A818 but i wont say its the best player. So please once you have tried every player on the market.. come back and say that. Good day!

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #743 of 3,682
Quote:

I could understand if you said this is one of the better sounding players under the $400 mark.. But saying it is the best is a F*rking D*uche act... Not everybody has the same musical flavor as yourself, i mean i like my A818 but i wont say its the best player. So please once you have tried every player on the market.. come back and say that. Good day!

Wow, someone's Wheaties got pissed in. While people have different tastes you can measure sound empirically in many different ways. How about you offer a candidate that does sound better for under $400 so we can discuss it rather than calling someone a ****** and running off to sulk in your corner.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #744 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, someone's Wheaties got pissed in. While people have different tastes you can measure sound empirically in many different ways. How about you offer a candidate that does sound better for under $400 so we can discuss it rather than calling someone a ****** and running off to sulk in your corner.

Sulk in a corner... lol.. I said "D*uche ACT!" for one! learn to read..?? Maybe you would like a tissue to wipe your eyes...

Well there are alot of players out there under $400. There is a search function on the forum.

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #745 of 3,682
Quote:

Sulk in a corner... lol.. I said "D*uche ACT!" for one! learn to read..?? Maybe you would like a tissue to wipe your eyes...

Well there are alot of players out there under $400. There is a search function on the forum.

Yep and in doing any searches the only player that most people would classify as better sounding as the SFLO:2 without an amp would be the HIFIMAN which currently goes for over 700$.

People have compared it to just about every player made and it has been near universally considered better than everything it has been compared to, this includes all the models of cowon's, sony's, sansa's all of the mass market players like ipod's, Zune's.

I've yet to hear of the SFLO:2 getting bested in the SQ department by any player besides the HIFIMAN.

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #746 of 3,682
Although this is admittedly my first post, the persistent conduct of certain posters has made it necessary for me to voice my concern as to the veracity of the "opinions" set forth in this topic.

I find it interesting how these posters constantly appear to defend this unit regardless of the concerns raised or the view points conveyed. In fact, it is the critical mass of such posts that, in my opinion, casts significant concern as to their motives. To put it bluntly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some pathetic attempt at marketing a product that is dire need of just that, marketing.

Finally, and with respect to prior posts claim that the S:flo2 has been compared to "just about every player made", I would greatly appreciate being directed towards comparisons of the S:flo2 with the Rio Karma, IRiver H320/40, Sony HD3/5, etc. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't able to find such comparisons in the instant topic. Furthermore, would truly appreciate being directed toward the objective empirical tests referenced by Anixilus.

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #747 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Esq. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although this is admittedly my first post, the persistent conduct of certain posters has made it necessary for me to voice my concern as to the veracity of the "opinions" set forth in this topic.

I find it interesting how these posters constantly appear to defend this unit regardless of the concerns raised or the view points conveyed. In fact, it is the critical mass of such posts that, in my opinion, casts significant concern as to their motives. To put it bluntly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some pathetic attempt at marketing a product that is dire need of just that, marketing.

Finally, and with respect to prior posts claim that the S:flo2 has been compared to "just about every player made", I would greatly appreciate being directed towards comparisons of the S:flo2 with the Rio Karma, IRiver H320/40, Sony HD3/5, etc. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't able to find such comparisons in the instant topic. Furthermore, would truly appreciate being directed toward the objective empirical tests referenced by Anixilus.

You have some very valid points right there... I have been searching these forums for some inkling of truth. To no avail. I have read ClieOS review on the player... SQ, with a shotty interface and crap battery life. Isnt much to look forward to. :/ Oh well im done here now. Some people praise things way to easily. Maybe when they bring it upto a good standard it would be something to look into.

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #748 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Esq. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have never seen an empirical sound analysis? Here enjoy.

graphCompare.php

@Townyj Hmmm, in order to act as a ******** D*uche they would have to be one no? I can read just fine, you're speaking on the other hand leaves much to be desired.

Regards

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #749 of 3,682
Thanks for that non-reply Anixulus, wonder why you would waste your time in posting something clearly unresponsive to either your claim and/or my post. From the sound of your original comment, I presumed you had some RMAA graphs to share with the board comparing the S:flo2 with other devices, but apparently not.

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #750 of 3,682
Townyj:

It is a shame that people such as ourselves have to sit hear and read through constant banal marketing tripe masqueraded as "user opinion." Just trying to point out the affect that such actions have on a portion of consumers considering the purchase of this unit notwithstanding the inherent difficulties involved (i.e. delays in receiving the unit, returning the unit in the not-too-unfathomable event that it is problematic, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back